November 2016 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom tell skip she did great nonetheless and all us runners are proud of her
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today - Miles for November
    11/1 9 miles - 9 << 5 above VT 4 below VT
    11/1 5 miles - 14 << Daily Double 5 below VT
    11/2 5 miles - 19 << 5 below VT
    11/3 9.5 miles - 28.5 << 9.5 below VT
    11/3 5 miles - 33 << Daily Double 5 miles below VT

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    UAH 8K - 3/6 <<< 34:33 3 in AG
    Oak Barrel HM - 4/2 <<<< 1:38:00 3 in AG
    Bridge Street HM - 4/10 <<< 1:36:33 3 in AG
    PEO-AVN Team Day 5K - 5/4 <<< 19:10 (2.9 mi) 1 in AG 5 OA
    Cotton Row Run 10K - 5/30 << 44:57 PR
    Firecracker Chase 10.2 miler 6/25 << 1:20:22 1 in AG & 15 OA
    Huntsville Half Marathon - 11/12
    Rocket City Marathon - 12/10

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @lissadecker I also have the anatomy for runners. I like it, don't use it enough though.

@Stoshew71 On the glute firing subject- Paw backs come to mind. I've only toyed with doing them. Usually on walks inthe loose gravel though. Anyone else try it? @skippygirlsmom figure Skip would be doing them in track/cc?

Do you mean B-skips?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcWsOM144xo
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    November Running Challenge

2nd - 4.05 miles
    3rd - 4.27 miles

MTD - 8.32/90 miles

Upcoming races:
    17th Dec - Lee Valley VeloPark Half Marathon
    9th April 2017 - Brighton Marathon
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Well @Stoshew71 , it does seem similar. It may be the same thing.

@skippygirlsmom Congrats to Skip! She worked hard this season.
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

1st: 2.25 miles - MTD 2.25
    2nd: 1.18 miles, strength training and Pilates - MTD 4.43
    3rd: 2.51 miles C210k - running round the block whilst the other club members did hill sprints -MTD 6.94

exercise.png
  • untermrad
    untermrad Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Trying for 125 again
    exercise.png
    11/3 7 miles (7 MTD)
    Upcoming races:
    9/10 - Louisville Pure Tap 5k 25:03
    10/1 - Norton Sports Health Great Pumpkin 10k 51:12
    10/15 - Stampede for VIPS 5k 24:16
    10/22 - Urban Bourbon Half Marathon 2:00:04
    11/24 - Hungry Turkey 5k

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Butt I can feel my glutes working. :smile:
    That made me laugh. Did you purposely type butt instead of but?

Speaking of which, I had a decent 4 mile run (just humid) and I've been noticing my glutes feel sore running, which I at first thought was soreness from strength training but I think I've decided that possibly I am just actually using my glutes finally? Maybe all the pilates has got me there? So I decided to think about my glutes the whole run (mind to muscle) and interestingly I ended up with a longer average stride??? I hope that's from extending further back and not out front.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Butt I can feel my glutes working. :smile:
    That made me laugh. Did you purposely type butt instead of but?

Speaking of which, I had a decent 4 mile run (just humid) and I've been noticing my glutes feel sore running, which I at first thought was soreness from strength training but I think I've decided that possibly I am just actually using my glutes finally? Maybe all the pilates has got me there? So I decided to think about my glutes the whole run (mind to muscle) and interestingly I ended up with a longer average stride??? I hope that's from extending further back and not out front.

Yes I did. Everything is a butt joke to me. I'm 4. I'm anal expulsive. Also neurotic.

Glad your run went well! Love the butt muscles! I've become obsessive over squeezing them this last week. Oh squeezing my own.....flexing :relieved: Sheesh, that almost went sideways.

@karllundy I may have to take a break from swimming. I tried. I really did. But the apparent corn flake sized dried poo floaties are where I'm going to have to draw the line. I love swimming. Maybe I can make something else work since work doesn't want me back half time.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Date:: :::: Miles :::: Nov total (goal = 75)
    11/01/16 :::: 5.7 :::: 5.7
    11/02/16 :::: 2.9 :::: 8.5
    11/03/16 :::: 2.2 :::: 10.7

Today - not as good as the last couple of days, but an ok run with Stella. She was a bit all over the place tonight so the pace was uneven and slower. We had to negotiate a gigantic squashed possum in the street that was so gross, and so enticing to the dog. Gag.

I'm taking the day off tomorrow so hoping for a long hike and/or run. It should be a decent weekend here for running!
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom Sorry Skip didn't qualify for state, but sounds like she definitely had a great season! :smile:
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    @elise4270 You crack me up!

@katharmonic Ew! Road kill is awful!

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @elise4270 yes Skip's team does those during their warm ups. Well they do like the video @stoshew71 posted.

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Updated:

exercise.png
  • jenlatimer
    jenlatimer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1.45 miles today

exercise.png
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    11/1: 8.5 miles
    11/2: 6.7 miles
    11/3: 3.6 miles (am), 6 miles (pm)
    11/4: Rest

6 strong group miles tonight! Took the first loop (3 miles) nice and easy at an ~8:55 pace and took the next 3 quite a bit faster (but still talking!) at a ~7:50 pace. Our Thursday group numbers are dwindling which does not bode well for deep winter when the only thing that brings me to the runs is the people. Hope everyone gets their priorities straight soon ;)

Rest day for me tomorrow. Hooray!

exercise.png

@skippygirlsmom Sorry Skip didn't make State! But there's always track season and XC next year! She's a junior this year, right? Chin up, young Skip! You've got a lot of great running ahead!

Fall Race Season & Next Year:
    10/8: Coe College Homecoming 5k: 21:26
    10/16: Superhero Halloween Half Marathon: 1:42:24
    11/20: Philadelphia Marathon (Goal: 3:30 or better)
    3/26/17: Philly Love Run HM
    5/14/17: Delaware Marathon Running Festival HM

• OSUbuckeye906
    OSUbuckeye906 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    11/1: 3 miles
    11/2: rest
    11/3: 4 miles

TOTAL: 7/70

I stayed up too late last night watching the Cubs win an amazing World Series, so I ditched the morning run but I did make it to the gym after work. Did a 4 mile speed/interval workout: 1/2 mile warm up, 3x1 mile intervals @ 9:13 pace, 1/2 mile cool down.

I have another run planned for the morning, so hopefully I can get my butt up to get it in. Any tips for getting up early to run/workout before work? I have the hardest time making myself get out of my warm bed to run, but I never regret it when I do and I definitely run better in the mornings too.
  • OSUbuckeye906
    OSUbuckeye906 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    @kristinegift Ugh, sorry about the fog and your Garmin going crazy. Sounds like you had a great evening run though!
    @MNLittleFinn Your gnat story reminded me of the other day when a gnat flew into my eye. I thought I had gotten rid of it by just wiping my eye, but found it under my lower eyelid when I went to take my contacts out hours later. So very, very gross and still gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it
    @tartanhibee Way to go on the progress you've made!
    @greenolivetree Glad to hear your husband is okay!
    @_nikkiwolf_ Pretty shoes...major shoe envy! I have to buy wide width shoes for the toe box, which usually only come in one color option, so I never end up with pretty shoes. I seriously might try going back to regular width just for the pretty shoes, haha.
    @skippygirlsmom Sorry to hear about Skip not making state, but it sounds like she had a phenomenal season and has a lot to be proud of.
  • izzybelle2013
    izzybelle2013 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Can't get ticker to show my added miles. So, I guess I will just put it in here til I figure it out. 5 miles into my 75 goal.