WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    It just seems beyond me to get on here every day. I'm not sure why

Lenora- I am not sure how expensive microblading is. DD traded window painting for it. A thank you present for child care / chauffeur services when she has gig. I'm so lucky to have her.

Cheri - What is a Pocket Letter? Okay, I see the answer and I like it.

Gracie - Great NSV finding a pair of jeans that fit in a box.
    English tea party sounds so fun.

Heather - You both looked debonair on your Anniversary.

Kim N. California - The soup sounds scrumptious.

Janetr OKC - Your daughter is lovely.

Gloria - Congratulations. How exciting!

Sunday was a busy day for me. I have to confess that I could gladly have stayed in bed. DH and I cooked breakfast together, went to visit at the hospital, took Chico for a walk around the lake, went to a movie and then cooked supper. I got frustrated with all the invitations that i extended to my sister. How can she do nothing day after day?

Yesterday, I worked. So much training and I am so tired of giving the same training over and over. It has become so monotonous that I almost bore myself to the point of snoring. Took my DGD to the Christmas tree festival and my cousin came also. Invited my sister but knew she wouldn't accept. The trees are done up so well in all different themes. I couldn't pick a favourite. Jheri and friends provided the face painting and the photo boards.

Today, more training. Hatchimals came in and people went crazy over them. Settle down, people, it's only a toy. It's not a generous thought but I really wanted to slap some of them. I picked up grandkids from school. DGS and I had tea and talk while his sister cleaned her room. I took DGD to her dance lessons and visited with parents in the lounge area. DH made supper. Good attempt but the pork chops were so overcooked that they resembled his boot more than anything. I ate and said Thank you.

My poor stepson is still struggling with the suicide of his brother. Now his sister is having problems so severe that her husband had her admitted to a hospital. They have six kids and she is never without them. People who take their lifes do not understand the pain they cause to the loved ones left behind. I am hoping that coming here in December to spend time with us, his other brother and sister will bring him some joy.

-Sharon in Southern Alberta
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,827 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    It is not looking good for sweet Homer, and I think the inevitable will be upon us soon..Both Tom and I sorta freaking out, and taking everything a day at a time.. I am working until 1 and then we will decorate the office .and I will come home and start the craziness..
    I did order a photo on Canvas of Homer and that will be for Tom for Christmas
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    <3

Kate UK
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Allie, my dear, I'm so sorry that Homer is not looking good. It is so hard to lose our four-legged babies. My heart goes out to you.

JanetR-your daughter is beautiful! And smart, too, apparently... :)

Sharon in Alberta - I had to go look up what a "Hatchimal" is... I try my hardest not to ever watch commercials. Sounds like the next thing that would sit on a shelf at my grandkids' house. Can't imagine them waiting up to 40 minutes for the blinking thing to hatch!
    ----
    So, here I sit and type in a hotel room in Abilene, Texas, about 3:45 a.m. my time. I did try to go back to sleep, I swear I did, but it never does any good. My DH is snoring gently in the bed about eight feet away, and is a much more tolerant (and oblivious) person than I will EVER be. I've got low lights on, the bathroom fan on, and I'm about to make my second cup of coffee in a Keurig that sounds like a submarine under high power, with swooshes and burbles and such things. Oh, and I'm typing. Even on a quiet keyboard, it sounds like mice around the walls. Seriously, I'd kill me if I were him.

Took my watch off yesterday when I left work, and don't really plan on putting it back on again. It adds to my stress. I bought one after my second Fitbit bit the big one, but don't really need it since I always have my phone. Now I have a nekkid strip of flesh on my left wrist that confirms that I do occasionally get some sunshine. Hopefully it will fade fast.

As soon as the DH is up and showered, we'll head for the next stop, which is Fayetteville, Arkansas... about seven hours (we drove four last night) and then six hours Thanksgiving morning and we're there! It will be worth it, one hopes.

Love y'all,
    Happy Turkey Day, my American peeps...
    Lisa in North Central Texas, temporarily
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Lisa my early morning coffee comrade in arms :p I love being the first one up and listening to DH snore away. I have the added bonus that he is deaf in one ear, if he is sleeping on his good ear, I could have a samba dance party in the bedroom and it wouldn't wake him up!!

I am typing away on the couch with the satisfied feeling of having my kid upstairs!!! Home from college!!! She arrived at 1:00 a.m. so I wasn't exactly chatty. I will go into work for a half day and then home to get in my hugs and talks and oh, we'll probably walk to our favorite pizza or bagel shop and have a bite to eat. The simplest of pleasures.

Happy thanksgiving and safe travels to all who are on the move.

NYKAREN
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    What are we all doing up at this hour? My excuse is restless leg. I've been having this quite a bit lately and just read that it may be the antidepressant I'm on so will call the doctor tomorrow. I don't usually have trouble sleeping so this is getting ridiculous. I need my sleep if I am going to have to get up with the chickens from now on! chicken-run-smiley-emoticon.gif

Ok - off to try to get back to sleep!
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone 45 min vid and 4 mins elliptical
    Nice to be home and back in exercise routine although did walk a lot on holiday
    Hope you all enjoy your thanksgiving get togethers it's nice to have a celebration in the time leading up to Christmas, November is such a nothing month except my first born is 49 today and my favourite niece had her first baby girl yesterday

l2p7dhlantvq.jpeg

Kate UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,827 Member
    Options
    Glo~ I have a suggestion and yes it works, if you have a small bar of soap, like the ones from a hotel , stick it under your sheets near the foot of the bed.. stops the leg thing in its tracks
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Sharon ~ What kind of training do you do? It sounds tedious. So sorry that your step children are going through all the struggles related to their brother's death. I agree that those who commit suicide do not realize how it is affecting all those they leave behind. When my DH's sister died at an early age (not suicide), it just about killed her parents. Life was never the same after that.

Allie ~ Poor Homer. :'( Thinking of you and Tom.

Lisa ~ I almost never get up before my DH. I love to snuggle under the covers knowing that he will make the coffee and it will be waiting when I get up.

Baking corn bread, gingerbread, lemon bread and brownies today. Well, at least the corn bread will get done. Don't know about the others. My DH is constantly making fun of me because i buy all these mixes and then they just sit in the cupboard.

Carol
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Kate ~ Love the baby.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,373 Member
    Options
    Gloria - I had restless legs from an anti depressant some years ago. I had to stop it as it was driving me nuts in the day as well.

I must say I am sooooooo glad we don't have any celebration in November, apart from our wedding anniversary. I find Christmas quite stressful enough and Thanksgiving seems to be even bigger. I am not a fan of large gatherings. I send my best wishes to all of you and hope you have a great time, whatever your choices, large, small, or no company. <3

I got my writing archive on to my old laptop today by memory stick. That was a good moment. Just got to do it on the new one now. :* Still got to figure out how to get it onto Dropbox without it disappearing from my documents.

I have seen the phone I want for Christmas on a Black Friday offer locally. If I buy it from them they will do all the setting up and transferring. DH is buying it for me. Sim free. I desperately need more memory.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    Sharon prays for your family as you heal. Unfortunately those who commit suicide are so caught by their own pain how it effects others is not considered.

:heart: Margaret
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,837 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Wednesday! My day started later than normal...well, no, it didn't. I was up at my regular time 5:00am, but my early bird is traveling to Tennessee with his family for the holidays, so my next arrival doesn't arrive until 8:00. It gave me extra time to do some exercises (core work, squats, stairs, and plank) and to make a to-do list for tonight and tomorrow morning. As soon as my kiddos leave, today, I will be yanking the couch covers off and throwing them into the wash. Windows cleaned, rooms dusted, and floors done. I have already told my DH and DYS that it is "leftover" night, so that I will have room in the fridge for Thanksgiving prep and leftovers. I will probably bake my squash and pears for the soup tonight while I clean. I am actually looking forward to having my in-laws over for Thanksdinner. Coming from a large family, I miss the hustle and bustle of the holidays with family EVERYWHERE. DH's family doesn't gather for Thanksgiving as that has been the holiday for everyone to get together with the "other side" of their families. My family doesn't gather for Thanksgiving for the same reason, and with my parents gone, it just makes sense to be with the "other side". I absolutely LOVED those Thanksgivings when my DD would come home from college with 5-6 friends in tow. Many of the kids were from other countries that don't have this holiday, many had never seen snow or Lake Michigan, so it was fun to watch them experience so many new things. Quite a few college kids have built their first snowman in my yard!
    Hey, did you all see the news segment about the new iPhone 8 going back to a flip phone style? I only recently upgraded to a smart phone and I have to say, I HATE the size of them! They don't fit in the pockets of my fitness gear. I know, I know...I could spend $30 to get a arm band carrier thingy. But I am one of those weirdsmobile people that I like things the way I get used to them. Phone in pocket. Took me a while to get used to that, but now, I don't want my phone anywhere else. When I ran, I even had to wear my hair a certain way, because if I wore it in a pony tail, the swinging of the "tail" would drive me nuts as I ran. ANYWAY...I would love to have a small phone again.
    Sharon -prayers going out to you and your family as you deal with this loss. It is so hard! I can't even imagine the pain a person is feeling in their life to think of ending it. To believe that every one would be better off with out you. Hurts my heart. Prayers for peace, good thoughts and love to you all. <3
    Gloria- great news on the job! And your dinner sounds yummy! Did the boys like it?
    Lisa and Sharon- Gotta admit, I had never heard of a Hatchimal until yesterday. I saw a post on Pinterest for parents who couldn't get their hands on one for their kids. It was a letter from Santa, stating that he was waiting for the next batch of Hatchimal eggs to be laid. "Can't rush the procedure of laying a perfect Hatchimal egg...as soon as they are laid, they will be polished, packaged and sent to you." Thought it was a cute response. I remember working at Montgomery Ward when the Cabbage Patch dolls came out! They moved me from the hardware dept. to the toy dept. on shipment days. That was nuts!
    Well, here come the kids. Safe travels to all who are traveling for the holidays! Stay safe. Enjoy your holiday! May not hop back on until after Thursday. Love to you all and VERY thankful I have you ladies!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Good Pre-Gooble Day Morning!
    1743559nazpu6t345.gif
    Cheri
    whose tired this morning due to a storm passing thru in the wee hours of the morning
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    It just seems beyond me to get on here every day. I'm not sure why

Lenora- I am not sure how expensive microblading is. DD traded window painting for it. A thank you present for child care / chauffeur services when she has gig. I'm so lucky to have her.

Cheri - What is a Pocket Letter? Okay, I see the answer and I like it.

Gracie - Great NSV finding a pair of jeans that fit in a box.
    English tea party sounds so fun.

Heather - You both looked debonair on your Anniversary.

Kim N. California - The soup sounds scrumptious.

Janetr OKC - Your daughter is lovely.

Gloria - Congratulations. How exciting!

Sunday was a busy day for me. I have to confess that I could gladly have stayed in bed. DH and I cooked breakfast together, went to visit at the hospital, took Chico for a walk around the lake, went to a movie and then cooked supper. I got frustrated with all the invitations that i extended to my sister. How can she do nothing day after day?

Yesterday, I worked. So much training and I am so tired of giving the same training over and over. It has become so monotonous that I almost bore myself to the point of snoring. Took my DGD to the Christmas tree festival and my cousin came also. Invited my sister but knew she wouldn't accept. The trees are done up so well in all different themes. I couldn't pick a favourite. Jheri and friends provided the face painting and the photo boards.

Today, more training. Hatchimals came in and people went crazy over them. Settle down, people, it's only a toy. It's not a generous thought but I really wanted to slap some of them. I picked up grandkids from school. DGS and I had tea and talk while his sister cleaned her room. I took DGD to her dance lessons and visited with parents in the lounge area. DH made supper. Good attempt but the pork chops were so overcooked that they resembled his boot more than anything. I ate and said Thank you.

My poor stepson is still struggling with the suicide of his brother. Now his sister is having problems so severe that her husband had her admitted to a hospital. They have six kids and she is never without them. People who take their lifes do not understand the pain they cause to the loved ones left behind. I am hoping that coming here in December to spend time with us, his other brother and sister will bring him some joy.

-Sharon in Southern Alberta

((((((Hugs)))))
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Stopping in for a minute. Lots to do....already in a panic mode for the Family Christmas tree hunt. Only three weeks to get stuff done.

Later everyone..... I will just lurk here every once in awhile

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan

• SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,373 Member
    Options
    I was just going out of the door to get a new phone when the home phone rang. We have a viewing for tomorrow at 11 am. So it was all systems go for the both of us to get the house tidied and cleaned. Phew! It's done. :D Pity it's now clean for the cleaner who comes tomorrow at 1 pm! ;)
    As we will have to get out of the house for the viewing we can go looking for a phone then.

Having Putanesca sauce tonight, DH with pasta and me with zoodles. :D Love my zoodles. A side of broccoli and french beans. I quickly made all the dinner so we could scrub the kitchen. Only got to cook the pasta.
    DH is sweeping the patio as I write. <3

I will be thinking of you all tomorrow, especially those of you with long journeys. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    Glo~ I have a suggestion and yes it works, if you have a small bar of soap, like the ones from a hotel , stick it under your sheets near the foot of the bed.. stops the leg thing in its tracks

Yo peeps

It doesn't work for everyone but it does work for me, thanks God!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    od2erhj80gd9.jpg
    Floyds first Christmas