• CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,558 Member
    Options
    What’s a “home phone”
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Is acceptance the essence of happiness?
    We all covet something we don't have, another person's job, wife, husband, money, personality, sense of style, car, whatever and see that as being "better" than where we are currently at in life. Some want to be either rich or famous. The funny thing is when those become famous they try to hide from the spotlight and be "normal" those that become rich surround themselves with things they covetted when they where poor or couldn't afford them and often yet still not happy. Is the pursuit of happiness ultimately just accepting what we already have and where we are in life? Or does that take away the ambition as what as perceived as the "American Dream"? Where ambition to improve oneself ultimately leads to advancement in life?
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    Is acceptance the essence of happiness?
    We all covet something we don't have, another person's job, wife, husband, money, personality, sense of style, car, whatever and see that as being "better" than where we are currently at in life. Some want to be either rich or famous. The funny thing is when those become famous they try to hide from the spotlight and be "normal" those that become rich surround themselves with things they covetted when they where poor or couldn't afford them and often yet still not happy. Is the pursuit of happiness ultimately just accepting what we already have and where we are in life? Or does that take away the ambition as what as perceived as the "American Dream"? Where ambition to improve oneself ultimately leads to advancement in life?

375ysjoeh1z6.gif

Lol my mind wanders when I clean!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Been thinking about getting a forearm tat 🤔

Where are you going to put a tattoo of your forearm? It would be hilarious if you got it on your forearm

Lol. Probably on my lower back

That's classy af. You should spend a little extra to get the hand as well. It will open up a lot of possibilities.

Great idea! Like it's grabbing one of my cheeks!

I think you should get a W tattooed on both cheeks, 🤣

WoW
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

Where are you going to put a tattoo of your forearm? It would be hilarious if you got it on your forearm

That's classy af. You should spend a little extra to get the hand as well. It will open up a lot of possibilities.

WoW

Lol a friend got drunk and woke with a tattoo like that 😂😂😂

Hahaha.. A drunk friend of mine got 'I love fish and Chick's tattooed on the top of his foot. Another friend had just bought themselves a tattoo gun... it could have gone so much worse 😂
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

WoW

Lol a friend got drunk and woke with a tattoo like that 😂😂😂

Hahaha.. A drunk friend of mine got 'I love fish and Chick's tattooed on the top of his foot. Another friend had just bought themselves a tattoo gun... it could have gone so much worse 😂

Lol your friends seem to be fun people

Yep, just don't fall asleep around them 😂
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I’m worried some of you more anonymous faceless types I interact with might be an uncle or brother-in-law and the next time my neighbor looks at me funny I’ll be thinking she read my post in crush notes.

For real, for real!!
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Working at the hospital on Sundays sucks.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    I think humans must be a very complicated soup. Not to say I’m a slave to emotions, but so much of how I feel and what I do depends on hormonal fluctuations, illness, and whether or not I’ve taken a sufficient quantity of coffee.

Coffee über alles
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I think humans must be a very complicated soup. Not to say I’m a slave to emotions, but so much of how I feel and what I do depends on hormonal fluctuations, illness, and whether or not I’ve taken a sufficient quantity of coffee.

Agree, some forces at play within me that I can't control even if I have an inkling of what may be happening