What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    The new drink driving laws. Zero tolerance.
    Even low range your licence will be immediately suspended and $500 plus fine. Savage..

w774t50i2vrn.jpg

And no I do not condone drink driving, I do feel sorry for the person who goes .06 (.01 over) and losses their licence and a fair hunk of change.
    Will be interesting to see how this impacts the numbers
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    When snails get aroused do their antennae stand up straight?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    almost awake and ready to jersey shore the night away

laundry not on bedroom floor afterwards 0/10 would not request bedroom selfie
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    I’m mad at the meditation app I downloaded because it won’t stop nagging me to meditate. So stressful
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    I’m mad at the meditation app I downloaded because it won’t stop nagging me to meditate. So stressful

Sounds like a personal problem.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »

Yes, Tank, it is. And it’s on my mind
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »

Yes, Tank, it is. And it’s on my mind

:):D
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

Is it like a FitBit, buzzing you hourly to "get off your *kitten*, lazy...get those steps in"
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Descending into the madness of dreams
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Ascending into the saneness of reality??
  • _impressive_
    _impressive_ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Absconding into wild world of wonderful weirdness
  • Reckoner67
    Options
    Morning cats and cool rainy breezes
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    I do a lot of things until I understand how they work and then i stop doing them. Music, art, gardening, knitting, chicken processing, sewing, food preservation.

I used to joke that I collect hobbies or that I just was going for basic proficiency in case of the apocalypse, zombie or otherwise. I guess the ideas excite me more than the actual doing.

Now I wonder what mastery in some area might feel like and how on earth a person could choose when the world is so big and exciting.

Too deep for chit chat?

• Reckoner67
    Options
    I do a lot of things until I understand how they work and then i stop doing them. Music, art, gardening, knitting, chicken processing, sewing, food preservation.

I used to joke that I collect hobbies or that I just was going for basic proficiency in case of the apocalypse, zombie or otherwise. I guess the ideas excite me more than the actual doing.

Now I wonder what mastery in some area might feel like and how on earth a person could choose when the world is so big and exciting.

Too deep for chit chat?

...can you ask this question again in the form of a selfie, please
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »

Too deep for chit chat?

OF MYSELF????

9ud9yjq09qhw.jpeg
  • NotSo_LittleRichard
    NotSo_LittleRichard Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

Too deep for chit chat?

I am the same way. I love to learn new things but I get bored with them pretty quickly.

Jack of all trades - master of none
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

Too deep for chit chat?

That's probably the case with a lot of things. The idea of it can be exciting but once you get into the mechanics of how It's mastered, it can be a chore.
    It’s not that. It’s that I like understanding things. I’m glad to know enough chords to appreciate them, to be able to recognize Haring’s art when I discover it without warning, to speak intelligently about companion planting, and so on.
  • Reckoner67
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »

Too deep for chit chat?

OF MYSELF????

9ud9yjq09qhw.jpeg

Oh thanks for asking the question again in lingo that the chit chat forum will understand!

My experience has been that mastery becomes incredibly boring once you hit a point where it becomes harder and harder to learn; less to keep the mind engaged. However, the payoff when someone with mastery is needed, and you can provide it? The payoff feels good. Vindicates the time you've put into whatever particular skill that is.

However, I dunno if it can top the *rapid* pace of the honeymoon-phase of learning something new. I love picking up the core of new skills just for that reason, so much to take in and process all at once...it's like a flood of gorgeous excitement.

My experiences have been similar to yours--trying many new things over the years, but a few years back I decided to try to really master what I do for a career now and while I'm convinced that there's more I can learn, it's become harder and harder to seek out and therefore it's not nearly as exciting as I like new things to be.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    IDK, sometimes I think my broad base (not deep, but broad) helps me to make connections that others don’t see. That’s how I’ll console and rationalize anyway.