What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »
    Still sad: Got the remains back from the vet today. The urn is lovely and the crematory sent a baggie with a clipping of her fur, which makes me super emotional just typing about it. They included lovely memorial papers, a certificate of cremation with her tag number, etc. Things to be stored away in a book somewhere, I suppose. At least she's back with us where she belongs.

My two remaining cats have been in a revolving door of hogging my lap. One leaves, the other jumps up and won't allow me to leave. They finally let me have a break when I had to go pee, lol. I don't know for sure, but I suspect they are grieving in their own way. Or maybe I'm just attributing too many human characteristics to my cats.. but I swear they knew she had gone before I did. They acted different from the moment I woke up yesterday, before I got the call..

Sometimes.. I think I see her gray little shadow in passing in our home, but I know it's not her and it hurts. I imagine it will be like that for some time. I'm mostly trying to get by, but it is, of course, hard.

I’m so sad for you. ❤️ We lost two kitties last year and it was really hard on us. The kids had a really hard time and I hated being unable to help them. I totally get what you mean by seeing them in every shadow (or in our case, laundry basket)

Heh. She was never a laundry sleeper, but she was the color of shadows (mottled grays and cream) so she would just "appear" in the doorways, the bathroom, or under your feet when you weren't paying attention. I only knew she was around because of her gigantic jade eyes staring at me from the darkness. :D

If you don't mind my asking, how old were your cats and what did they pass from? Galaxy succumbed to CKD, which I guess turned into kidney failure. I wasn't aware just how common kidney problems were in cats (she and Magellan are my first cats, before them, I was a dog person!).
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Wish adds be weird this morning loghlon6y8ti.jpg
    gysi99ezet1z.jpg

Uh huh.. what kind of things have you been looking at, lately? :D:D
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Did we invent math or just discover it?

I'm going with developed it
  • Thetwitchisback
    Thetwitchisback Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    I was wondering if @Thetwitchisback 's garden made it through the hard freeze and how it turned out.....

Ours is coming in late and saw you back around and it reminded me.....

Yes, it’s doing alright! Cukes, tomatoes, eggplant, garlic, onions. The spring stuff did well too.

Pumpkins and squash are a little disappointing this year
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    I was wondering if @Thetwitchisback 's garden made it through the hard freeze and how it turned out.....

Ours is coming in late and saw you back around and it reminded me.....

Yes, it’s doing alright! Cukes, tomatoes, eggplant, garlic, onions. The spring stuff did well too.

Pumpkins and squash are a little disappointing this year

That's great! I only did tomatoes and peppers. It's all coming in slow but tomatoes are turning and the plants are around 5'5" tall right now.....😁

Wife has pumpkins and they aren't doing well either...

Glad yours came in well!
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options

The Voyager Golden Records suggest that the laws of math and science are universal enough to use as a means of communication with an alien life form 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

The Voyager Golden Records suggest that the laws of math and science are universal enough to use as a means of communication with an alien life form 🤷🏼‍♀️

V'Ger is that which seeks the Creator
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

if.... there's anyone else out there.

and if they are, are they listening?

I hope not.

Why ring the dinner bell ?
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Whats the divorce rate in the US at moment. Just curious. Also, I really want a greasy cheeseburger.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Wish adds be weird this morning loghlon6y8ti.jpg
    gysi99ezet1z.jpg

'Mens Satin Bikini Sets'... trigger so many questions

My first question: Are they offered in a leopard print?

And your 2nd question would be......?

Those things are so, ummm, just uh.....I guess I'm speechless.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Still sad: Got the remains back from the vet today. The urn is lovely and the crematory sent a baggie with a clipping of her fur, which makes me super emotional just typing about it. They included lovely memorial papers, a certificate of cremation with her tag number, etc. Things to be stored away in a book somewhere, I suppose. At least she's back with us where she belongs.

My two remaining cats have been in a revolving door of hogging my lap. One leaves, the other jumps up and won't allow me to leave. They finally let me have a break when I had to go pee, lol. I don't know for sure, but I suspect they are grieving in their own way. Or maybe I'm just attributing too many human characteristics to my cats.. but I swear they knew she had gone before I did. They acted different from the moment I woke up yesterday, before I got the call..

Sometimes.. I think I see her gray little shadow in passing in our home, but I know it's not her and it hurts. I imagine it will be like that for some time. I'm mostly trying to get by, but it is, of course, hard.

I’m so sad for you. ❤️ We lost two kitties last year and it was really hard on us. The kids had a really hard time and I hated being unable to help them. I totally get what you mean by seeing them in every shadow (or in our case, laundry basket)

Heh. She was never a laundry sleeper, but she was the color of shadows (mottled grays and cream) so she would just "appear" in the doorways, the bathroom, or under your feet when you weren't paying attention. I only knew she was around because of her gigantic jade eyes staring at me from the darkness. :D

If you don't mind my asking, how old were your cats and what did they pass from? Galaxy succumbed to CKD, which I guess turned into kidney failure. I wasn't aware just how common kidney problems were in cats (she and Magellan are my first cats, before them, I was a dog person!).

Both cats were kittens under a year. One was 9 mos and she was killed by a wild animal 😥. The other was one we adopted when we found him very sick and homeless, so we knew his chances were slim but it still hurt.

We have this guy now (and one other cat)

e4im9iwfi450.jpeg
    783maaf4lvbi.jpeg
    43bbeqkpwckf.jpeg

That is one adorable puppy!! :)
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    My house has a weird smell in it and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what it is. :blush:
    I know it's not me; I've given myself the sniff test many times to make sure. :wink:
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    i would kind of like more summer. can i put in a request? and who can i make a request to?? :)
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    i would kind of like more summer. can i put in a request? and who can i make a request to?? :)

I would like none, thanks. It's been 90+ here since JANUARY. It's close to 100 degrees a day with 80% - 90% humidity. I'm over it.
  • RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Whats the divorce rate in the US at moment. Just curious. Also, I really want a greasy cheeseburger.

I doubt it changed much yet since the courts have been closed to filings until recently.
    Stay tuned to next year when they skyrocket
  • FatToFitChaser
    FatToFitChaser Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thinking of life and where I want to be. On the side note have to be up all night for work , so getting mentally ready. Enjoy.