What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    A job opened up in my area that pays almost double what I’m making now for similar work and similar hours. I’ve been at my current position less than a year. Do I apply?

Eta: the position in question pays a living wage as opposed to my current position, is salary which means pto, sick days, vacation, etc, and it is closer to my gym.

What is your hesitation? Anything other than the short tenure at your current company?
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    A job opened up in my area that pays almost double what I’m making now for similar work and similar hours. I’ve been at my current position less than a year. Do I apply?

Eta: the position in question pays a living wage as opposed to my current position, is salary which means pto, sick days, vacation, etc, and it is closer to my gym.

What is your hesitation? Anything other than the short tenure at your current company?
    Yes, as a former sahm explaining gaps & job hopping is terrible

Eta: plus my current position is comfortable & pleasant & interviewing is stressful
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Which boss is hotter?
    Ohhhh new criteria
  • FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member
    Options

Yes, as a former sahm explaining gaps & job hopping is terrible

Eta: plus my current position is comfortable & pleasant & interviewing is stressful

Fact. There is a reason I have not interviewed since the early 90s.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

I say go with your gut.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

I say go with your gut.
    My gut is unreliable 😂
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

I say go with your gut.
    My gut is unreliable 😂

In that case -

I got nothing 🤷‍♂️
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

I say go with your gut.
    My gut is unreliable 😂

In that case -

I got nothing 🤷‍♂️
    That’s not what she said❤️
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    My youngest is mad at me because the modeling clay that I said wouldn’t dry hasn’t dried and now he either has to redo his project or abandon it. I really hope he just tries again

baby oil can sometimes save it
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    We are outsourcing some *kitten* to this guy who is using our office space to do his thing and he just walked into my office and took tissues from my tissue box, barely asking permission, as he plucked three tissues. Wtf. I am not the office mommy
  • piggy_smalls
    piggy_smalls Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver's comeuppance.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,193 Member
    Options

I think I know some of the people in the company. And I have someone doing a little digging for me. I think I’m going to submit my resume and see what happens.

Yes!!! Doesn't hurt to keep all your options open. And if it's a better fit might as well try. Good luck!!!
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    How do you teach someone something when they seem hell bent on trying to tell you they know it all but at the same time are super enthusiastic and want to learn.

How do you say nicely I see your skill set and it's not what you think it is
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited September 2022
    Options
    How do you teach someone something when they seem hell bent on trying to tell you they know it all but at the same time are super enthusiastic and want to learn.

“Yes! That’s right. Now what you also want to do is….”
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

“Yes! That’s right. Now what you also want me do is….”

You're much nicer than me.

This is what I would say:

xjn5whybip9w.gif
    The only people I bother trying to teach things to are my children. And in that case it behooves me to make sure it gets learned 😂
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options

xjn5whybip9w.gif
    The only people I bother trying to teach things to are my children. And in that case it behooves me to make sure it gets learned 😂

i usually just get quieter and quieter until their mistakes are the loudest thing in the room

• TwitchyMagee
    Options

xjn5whybip9w.gif

i usually just get quieter and quieter until their mistakes are the loudest thing in the room

This made me laugh out loud

• OnlyPans
    OnlyPans Posts: 629 Member
    Options

My two cents as a manager: opportunities like these are rare. Double can be a life changing amount of money. If it is, don't pass it up.

Source: I didn't pass it up, having lots of money is fun, can recommend.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    OnlyPans wrote: »

My two cents as a manager: opportunities like these are rare. Double can be a life changing amount of money. If it is, don't pass it up.

Source: I didn't pass it up, having lots of money is fun, can recommend.
    Ok thank you. I appreciate it. Tonight I’ll make sure my résumé hits the keywords.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

“Yes! That’s right. Now what you also want to do is….”

I already told her she wasted her money getting a second pair of skates for this endeavor simply because she did. I've seen those sales people totally upsell people and it's ridiculous and appalling and makes me really mad that she fell licked them to this