What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    _Dan1985 wrote: »
    isn't it a bit early for Halloween decorations?

Costco already has Christmas decorations out
  • _Dan1985
    _Dan1985 Posts: 310 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

What? It’s only six weeks away!

Hmm, going to assume it's a bigger deal in the USA :)

Has it always been like this? When I was growing up (late 80s and 90s) Halloween was a non-event until basically the day itself, then that night, people wouuld dress up either for low key parties of trick or treating.

These days it is a bit more commercial - my local supermarket will start pushing it in October, but nobody will do any decorating of their home until maybe a few days beforehand. And it's not like Christmas where most houses are decorated, here it's like the odd house on every street will put some pumpkins out or something.

ETA: I live down a long dark, spooky-*kitten* looking drive in the English countryside, and seldom get any trick or treaters. I can't speak for how popular the event is in other parts of the country.

• ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    i tried on my Halloween costume today and just like i really need to lose ten pounds by oct 31 so prolly should use this site for tracking and not just chatting at yall :(
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,127 Member
    Options
    i tried on my Halloween costume today and just like i really need to lose ten pounds by oct 31 so prolly should use this site for tracking and not just chatting at yall :(

“Tracking”….what are you talking about?
  • MelG7777
    Options

It’s early imo. I’ve seen a few houses though. I feel like covid REALLY made Halloween decorations come out earlier. Could be a coincidence but it seemed like people were looking for a distraction and some still do it really early. I don’t decorate super early for anything. And I don’t put anything out except the pumpkins my kids carve.
  • MelG7777
    Options
    My brother puts his tree up on Halloween usually.💀
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,819 Member
    Options
    @_Dan1985

I don’t put any Halloween decorations out. 😳 I’m awful,
    I don’t do Halloween at all.
    I’m awful, I know.

I put pre-lit wreaths out for Christmas, normally around Dec 15.
    Such a scrooge. 🥸

When my son was young/at home I went all out.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

It’s early imo. I’ve seen a few houses though. I feel like covid REALLY made Halloween decorations come out earlier. Could be a coincidence but it seemed like people were looking for a distraction and some still do it really early. I don’t decorate super early for anything. And I don’t put anything out except the pumpkins my kids carve.
    We might be a little late this year because we’re making all of our own decorations. The skeletons take the longest time

We/I didn’t celebrate Halloween for many years because my religion prohibited it. We enjoy it so much now.
  • Waterbabe2022
    Waterbabe2022 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Time to get myself back on track and focused on moi losing weight again and getting ripped and stronger 💪🏻 … well as toned as possible asap 🥴🧘🏻‍♀️
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,264 Member
    Options

What? It’s only six weeks away!

Hmm, going to assume it's a bigger deal in the USA :)

Has it always been like this? When I was growing up (late 80s and 90s) Halloween was a non-event until basically the day itself, then that night, people wouuld dress up either for low key parties of trick or treating.

These days it is a bit more commercial - my local supermarket will start pushing it in October, but nobody will do any decorating of their home until maybe a few days beforehand. And it's not like Christmas where most houses are decorated, here it's like the odd house on every street will put some pumpkins out or something.

ETA: I live down a long dark, spooky-*kitten* looking drive in the English countryside, and seldom get any trick or treaters. I can't speak for how popular the event is in other parts of the country.

Growing up there were maybe one or two houses that would decorate and we thought they were weird.

Nowadays I kinda feel like it's a non denominational day that everyone, save for a few, can celebrate and I think that's why people got more into decorating. I always wait for my boy to help decorate so we usually end up doing it like 2 days before Halloween cause he has more important things to do like video games. We'll be in a new house this year so I have no idea what the area will be like....we have some 2 blocks away on our current street that go all out....like one year did "The Great White North" a parody tv show...it was very well done complete with street hockey on roller blades
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Sometimes I think I’ve gotten everything I ever wanted and sometimes I think Ive gotten everything I thought I wanted.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think I’ve gotten everything I ever wanted and sometimes I think Ive gotten everything I thought I wanted.

Older and wiser I spose -
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Why is the sheriff parked outside my office
  • ermengarde22
    Options

that’s why i only want impossible things
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

Smart. Still… be careful what you wish for❤️
  • ermengarde22
    Options

there’s no downside to having the power to teleport or growing wings to fly or retractable claws that i can see but okay
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

there’s no downside to having the power to teleport or growing wings to fly or retractable claws that i can see but okay
    I can’t think of any either but I don’t have much in the way of what you might call imagination
  • MelG7777
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

We might be a little late this year because we’re making all of our own decorations. The skeletons take the longest time

We/I didn’t celebrate Halloween for many years because my religion prohibited it. We enjoy it so much now.
    I happen to know where some bunny skeletons are probably. Let me know if that’s helpful.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options

You can teleport BUT your worldly possessions don’t so you literally show up everywhere naked and without your wallet and phone.

Your can grow wings and fly BUT it’s stupid painful and time consuming.

You have retractable claws BUT you can’t paint or decorate them 😢 and one of them is janky and you snag it on stuff all the time (drew this inspo from my cat with a janky claw)

👹 like those stories about deals with the devil or genies and they always screw up your wishes. 🧞‍♂️