What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I wonder if my parents are proud of me
    I’ve been wanting to say something since I saw this this morning but I'm still not sure what to say. I mean, from everything I know of you here you are pretty wonderful person and I don’t know why a parent wouldn’t be proud.

The question made me consider my own circumstances

I don’t even know if my parents are proud of me. On Mother’s Day my mother thanks me for making her mother but I didn’t really have anything to do with that and I know it was hard for her and I know she had to feel some ambivalence towards parenthood. I think that would probably be normal for a young unexpected pregnancy, marriage, divorce, and single motherhood.

One funny thing to me is that my younger siblings had a different upbringing than I did and yet their relationship to their parents is similar to my own. I can’t believe how alike my little sister & I are, though she is braver and developed more quickly into her own person than I did.

I know that I am kind of proud of me. I think overall I’m doing OK. Breaking generational curses and setting my kids up for better mental and emotional health than most of my family, Overcoming some of the trauma from circumstance and bad choices that were inflicted upon us generations back.

Anyway, yeah I just told my kids that I am proud of them. Thank you for the reminder. Also, rereading this essay makes me feel very vulnerable but I’m going to post it anyway

And I'm glad you did.

Our parenting styles seem to be very similar.

A younger me was very resentful for the way I was treated growing up. There was no "love" or physical forms of affection. Clearly their own upbringing had everything to do with that, and I don't blame them. They did the best they could.

If anything, I learned (and it was a valuable lesson) from my own parents how not to parent. Am I saying I'm perfect? Not at all. However, my children will never be left feeling alone or unloved.

I was blessed to have the opportunity to forgive them both before they passed away.

Ok...I'm gonna stop before the waterworks start.

From one momma to another, keep up the great work. ❤️

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    I wonder if my parents are proud of me
    I’ve been wanting to say something since I saw this this morning but I'm still not sure what to say. I mean, from everything I know of you here you are pretty wonderful person and I don’t know why a parent wouldn’t be proud.

The question made me consider my own circumstances

I don’t even know if my parents are proud of me. On Mother’s Day my mother thanks me for making her mother but I didn’t really have anything to do with that and I know it was hard for her and I know she had to feel some ambivalence towards parenthood. I think that would probably be normal for a young unexpected pregnancy, marriage, divorce, and single motherhood.

One funny thing to me is that my younger siblings had a different upbringing than I did and yet their relationship to their parents is similar to my own. I can’t believe how alike my little sister & I are, though she is braver and developed more quickly into her own person than I did.

I know that I am kind of proud of me. I think overall I’m doing OK. Breaking generational curses and setting my kids up for better mental and emotional health than most of my family, Overcoming some of the trauma from circumstance and bad choices that were inflicted upon us generations back.

Anyway, yeah I just told my kids that I am proud of them. Thank you for the reminder. Also, rereading this essay makes me feel very vulnerable but I’m going to post it anyway

And I'm glad you did.

Our parenting styles seem to be very similar.

A younger me was very resentful for the way I was treated growing up. There was no "love" or physical forms of affection. Clearly their own upbringing had everything to do with that, and I don't blame them. They did the best they could.

If anything, I learned (and it was a valuable lesson) from my own parents how not to parent. Am I saying I'm perfect? Not at all. However, my children will never be left feeling alone or unloved.

I was blessed to have the opportunity to forgive them both before they passed away.

Ok...I'm gonna stop before the waterworks start.

From one momma to another, keep up the great work. ❤️

♥️
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,325 Member
    Options
    The face this couch has storage underneath and I totally forgot and could've used it for hiding clutter
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,560 Member
    Options
    America, probably because I'm moving there next week to start a new job. Its a bit surreal and happening so fast now lol.

pfi1a8h1n8zi.jpg

This is awesome!!! Welcome to America. Please ride your bike safely on our roads. We suck at driving.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,059 Member
    Options
    America, probably because I'm moving there next week to start a new job. Its a bit surreal and happening so fast now lol.

pfi1a8h1n8zi.jpg

This is awesome!!! Welcome to America. Please ride your bike safely on our roads. We suck at driving.

She’s not lying - be careful dude
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I’m trying to think of my favorite books and movies and it’s too much pressure.
  • FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member
    Options

Anxiety just happened.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

Anxiety just happened.

Is that what that is? When every thought I know I know leaves my brain?
  • FeastRepeat
    Options

Anxiety just happened.

The thought of trying to narrow movies and books to my favorite have me anxiety. 😂. I don’t need that kind of pressure either.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,059 Member
    Options

Anxiety just happened.

The thought of trying to narrow movies and books to my favorite have me anxiety. 😂. I don’t need that kind of pressure either.

Do you ever spend more time trying to choose something to watch on Netflix/Hulu than you do actually watching - sometimes I’ll look for so long I just give up - I’ll see something that looks interesting but will keep looking cause “what If there’s something better?” If that makes sense
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Anxiety just happened.

Do you ever spend more time trying to choose something to watch on Netflix/Hulu than you do actually watching - sometimes I’ll look for so long I just give up - I’ll see something that looks interesting but will keep looking cause “what If there’s something better?” If that makes sense

This is why I should control the remote 😏
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options

Anxiety just happened.

YES bc i am irrationally worried about offending the books i didnt pick
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

Anxiety just happened.

Anxious people are sexy though, right?
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,995 Member
    Options
    I wish anxiety was sexy,
    I’d have em lined out the door.
    I live on anxiety unfortunately.
  • FeastRepeat
    Options

Anxiety just happened.

If we are on our meds or drunk, sexy as *kitten*
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

Anxiety just happened.

If we are on our meds or drunk, sexy as *kitten*
    Oh & I totally get that about offending the books. As a kid I was afraid of pissing off the stuffed animals that didn’t get to sleep in my bed
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    It’s autumn everyone!
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    It’s autumn everyone!

*kitten*. This means I have to drag out the jeans from spring that probably won't fit and I'll need to get out my pink tools to pull up the zipper bc I spend too much time sitting on my *kitten* wishing the weight would magically fall off

But...hoodies 😍
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    It’s autumn everyone!

*kitten*. This means I have to drag out the jeans from spring that probably won't fit and I'll need to get out my pink tools to pull up the zipper bc I spend too much time sitting on my *kitten* wishing the weight would magically fall off

But...hoodies 😍
    only 10 months till bikini weather!
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    It’s autumn everyone!

But...hoodies 😍
    only 10 months till bikini weather!

vrsu4xyjzltx.gif