What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• OnlyPans
    OnlyPans Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    America, probably because I'm moving there next week to start a new job.

oqacx7p7qlze.jpg

whoa that’s huge news! where did you decide to land??

Thanks man! I'm doing 8 weeks of onboarding in Lafayette, Louisiana. Then after that potentially going to either Nashville, Austin, Dallas or New Orleans..depending on my employer's operational requirements. I put in Nashville as my first preference. But honestly, I've never been to South so I don't know what to really expect. But to me that's actually a good thing, and makes it more exciting. I just chose Nashville because it looks kind of comfy, and closer to Smoky Mountains ahah. I'll go anywhere though.

nashville is pretty and austin is super bike friendly

the south has more disparate ideas and people than most media tells people tbh

Yes, stereotypes do nobody good. Tell me though, should I bring my Cowboy hat??...

Actually looking like I might be sent to Houston. Definitely have "no problems" with that! You could even say I'm "over the moon".. okay I'll stop now.

you can never go wrong with a cowboy hat imo

Texas is kinda big like i live there and houston is about the same distance as Colorado from me

Houston itself is ginormous. Two day bike rides to get across except the part where you die six times doing it.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options
    OnlyPans wrote: »

oqacx7p7qlze.jpg

Thanks man! I'm doing 8 weeks of onboarding in Lafayette, Louisiana. Then after that potentially going to either Nashville, Austin, Dallas or New Orleans..depending on my employer's operational requirements. I put in Nashville as my first preference. But honestly, I've never been to South so I don't know what to really expect. But to me that's actually a good thing, and makes it more exciting. I just chose Nashville because it looks kind of comfy, and closer to Smoky Mountains ahah. I'll go anywhere though.

Yes, stereotypes do nobody good. Tell me though, should I bring my Cowboy hat??...

Actually looking like I might be sent to Houston. Definitely have "no problems" with that! You could even say I'm "over the moon".. okay I'll stop now.

Texas is kinda big like i live there and houston is about the same distance as Colorado from me

Houston itself is ginormous. Two day bike rides to get across except the part where you die six times doing it.

I kinda hate Houston -

• OnlyPans
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

oqacx7p7qlze.jpg

I kinda hate Houston -

Same. I swear it takes like two hours to get out of by car, it's miserable. Such urban sprawl.

It will be very Texas representative though.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options

oqacx7p7qlze.jpg

I kinda hate Houston -

oqacx7p7qlze.jpg

I kinda hate Houston -

Same. I swear it takes like two hours to get out of by car, it's miserable. Such urban sprawl.

YOU GUYS can we just let him be excited please
  • SBR1313
    SBR1313 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I wonder if my parents are proud of me
    I’ve been wanting to say something since I saw this this morning but I'm still not sure what to say. I mean, from everything I know of you here you are pretty wonderful person and I don’t know why a parent wouldn’t be proud.

The question made me consider my own circumstances

I don’t even know if my parents are proud of me. On Mother’s Day my mother thanks me for making her mother but I didn’t really have anything to do with that and I know it was hard for her and I know she had to feel some ambivalence towards parenthood. I think that would probably be normal for a young unexpected pregnancy, marriage, divorce, and single motherhood.

One funny thing to me is that my younger siblings had a different upbringing than I did and yet their relationship to their parents is similar to my own. I can’t believe how alike my little sister & I are, though she is braver and developed more quickly into her own person than I did.

I know that I am kind of proud of me. I think overall I’m doing OK. Breaking generational curses and setting my kids up for better mental and emotional health than most of my family, Overcoming some of the trauma from circumstance and bad choices that were inflicted upon us generations back.

Anyway, yeah I just told my kids that I am proud of them. Thank you for the reminder. Also, rereading this essay makes me feel very vulnerable but I’m going to post it anyway

Thank you for sharing! I was just reminded to tell my DD I'm proud of her
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

oqacx7p7qlze.jpg

I kinda hate Houston -

oqacx7p7qlze.jpg

I kinda hate Houston -

Ok ok - positive for Houston - the Geto Boys are from Houston so he may ru man into Scarface or willie d or bush wick bill - and it’s not far from the coast so there’s that …

Fukuing quotes man!!!
  • OnlyPans
    Options

oqacx7p7qlze.jpg

I kinda hate Houston -

oqacx7p7qlze.jpg

I kinda hate Houston -

Ok ok - positive for Houston - the Geto Boys are from Houston so he may ru man into Scarface or willie d or bush wick bill - and it’s not far from the coast so there’s that …

Fukuing quotes man!!!

Lots of nice areas around, it's surrounded by good nature and beaches, just gotta get out of the city.
  • FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member
    Options

oqacx7p7qlze.jpg

I kinda hate Houston -

oqacx7p7qlze.jpg

I kinda hate Houston -

The Texas Welcome Committee has spoken. 😂 Welcome to our wonderful state!
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Wear a little makeup and suddenly everyone knows how to hold doors & say good morning.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,593 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I've slept in like this. I woke up at 9am and I feel like I've lost half of my day 😆
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    does anyone else need to lay in bed for like min 30 min to get to feeling normal before getting up
  • FeastRepeat
    Options
    Wear a little makeup and suddenly everyone knows how to hold doors & say good morning.

Not my experience
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    does anyone else need to lay in bed for like min 30 min to get to feeling normal before getting up

I take an hour
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

Not my experience

Well I don’t want to invalidate your lived experience but I find that hard to believe
  • FeastRepeat
    Options

Not my experience

Well I don’t want to invalidate your lived experience but I find that hard to believe

It’s true, so I just stopped wearing makeup altogether.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

Not my experience

It’s true, so I just stopped wearing makeup altogether.

Do it for yourself, boo ♥️
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,593 Member
    Options

Yes, it's been 50 minutes and still in bed 😅 It's not looking like I'll feel normal anytime soon.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

If I were to stay in bed until I felt "normal" id never get outta bed

I roll outta bed like Suzie fkn Sunshine!

Don't talk to me after 3 p.m. tho
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options

I used to feel like that but turned out I had a Vit D deficiency
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

I used to feel like that but turned out I had a Vit D deficiency
    I have a big d deficiency