Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,701 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    cmsienk wrote: »
    I hate being the center of attention 😳
    I can pull this off very well if it’s in front of a large crowd but I cannot do chitchat in small groups. I will almost always slip out the back
    I just had about 30 people sing Happy Birthday to me over headset. I couldn't look at anyone nearby - I'm sure my face was red and I'm no longer cold. Fortunately we're in the dark and I'm only within eyesight of about 12 of them. Someone has a big mouth 🤨
    Happy belated birthday!
    Thank you very much! 😊

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,191 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if I get assigned a drive for Monday or if since it's a stat holiday I won't. Seems silly cause I'm sure people still have treatments that day and would be be no traffic
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Haven’t wrapped anything for Christmas. Still have two gifts that haven’t even shipped yet, and I don’t even have a working printer to be able to print out and wrap up a receipt for what I ordered. So my dad may just be getting a hug and an apology, which makes me feel totally inadequate as a daughter. Haven’t decided/been told if I need to bake anything for Christmas so I may be making a last-minute run to the grocery store.

Meanwhile I can’t get anything done because I’m sitting at work trying to come up with something to do while I wait for information I need to get my assignments wrapped up.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Haven’t wrapped anything for Christmas. Still have two gifts that haven’t even shipped yet, and I don’t even have a working printer to be able to print out and wrap up a receipt for what I ordered. So my dad may just be getting a hug and an apology, which makes me feel totally inadequate as a daughter. Haven’t decided/been told if I need to bake anything for Christmas so I may be making a last-minute run to the grocery store.

Meanwhile I can’t get anything done because I’m sitting at work trying to come up with something to do while I wait for information I need to get my assignments wrapped up.

The shipped gifts will be a nice new years suprise. And I'm sure your dad would be happy for a hug or just time spent together.

If you were my neighbour I'd say come raid my "just in case" gifts collection. I learned from my Nana always have gifts on hand in case someone pops in and needs a Santa surprise
  • cmsienk
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Haven’t wrapped anything for Christmas. Still have two gifts that haven’t even shipped yet, and I don’t even have a working printer to be able to print out and wrap up a receipt for what I ordered. So my dad may just be getting a hug and an apology, which makes me feel totally inadequate as a daughter.
    Haven’t decided/been told if I need to bake anything for Christmas so I may be making a last-minute run to the grocery store.
    Don't wait to be told. Just call up and offer, "I'll make my special (banana bread, pumpkin loaf, fill in the blank) and bring it." It'll be a nice surprise and you won't stress over not knowing.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    Haven’t wrapped anything for Christmas. Still have two gifts that haven’t even shipped yet, and I don’t even have a working printer to be able to print out and wrap up a receipt for what I ordered. So my dad may just be getting a hug and an apology, which makes me feel totally inadequate as a daughter.
    Haven’t decided/been told if I need to bake anything for Christmas so I may be making a last-minute run to the grocery store.

Don't wait to be told. Just call up and offer, "I'll make my special (banana bread, pumpkin loaf, fill in the blank) and bring it." It'll be a nice surprise and you won't stress over not knowing.
    I’ve been trying to learn this kind of initiative. I like it, I love it, and I want more of it.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    I had such a wtf moment at work yesterday.

The boss was on the phone with a client going over their year end numbers and had me come in to give me the outcome so I could do my thing.

He takes account numbers down because I'll be making payments for her (something I do for most of our other clients) but I was telling him she makes her own payments. I was GOING to tell him I'd need the log in info but, and I don't know what the hell I said, he puts her on hold, I repeat what I said, he tells me he's "not playing and doesn't need my sass"???? And I'm just, like, I need the log in info!

I would have called her myself but THEY WERE STILL ON THE PHONE!!
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

The boss was on the phone with a client going over their year end numbers and had me come in to give me the outcome so I could do my thing.

He takes account numbers down because I'll be making payments for her (something I do for most of our other clients) but I was telling him she makes her own payments. I was GOING to tell him I'd need the log in info but, and I don't know what the hell I said, he puts her on hold, I repeat what I said, he tells me he's "not playing and doesn't need my sass"???? And I'm just, like, I need the log in info!

That would’ve provoked some serious tantruming on my end
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I’ve been trying to learn this kind of initiative. I like it, I love it, and I want more of it.
    Try this if you don't have time/aren't in the mood/are too stressed to cook or bake. "Hey, I want to bring something to this year's get-together but I'm swamped at work (or excuse of your choice). I'll grab a gallon of cider (or ice cream if you're like our clan - there's always ice cream) or I can bring extra chips or napkins if you're all set with drinks." Preemptive is the way to go - only volunteer to bring what you can handle.
  • glassyo
    Options

Honestly, there are other things he could be yelling at me about (if he even knows...which he probably does) but no one can beat me up more than I can myself.

I tantumed and quit in my head because unemployment would not be pretty on me. :)
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

Honestly, there are other things he could be yelling at me about (if he even knows...which he probably does) but no one can beat me up more than I can myself.

I tantumed and quit in my head because unemployment would not be pretty on me. :)
    That is some admirable fortitude.

• Alinouveau2
    Options
    The busy stores with people's shopping carts loaded high with stuff. Don't they know the new flyer comes out tomorrow so wait for the new specials??? Then again we're supposed to get a blizzard on Friday and Saturday so I guess they're simply planning ahead. I figure I'm out anyway tomorrow might as well wait til then....pre blizzard 🤣
  • cmsienk
    edited December 2022
    Options
    The busy stores with people's shopping carts loaded high with stuff. Don't they know the new flyer comes out tomorrow so wait for the new specials??? Then again we're supposed to get a blizzard on Friday and Saturday so I guess they're simply planning ahead. I figure I'm out anyway tomorrow might as well wait til then....pre blizzard 🤣
    Yes, it was very busy at my grocery store today. I was picking up a couple of last minute items for Christmas dinner. It was clear that others were stocking up.
  • cmsienk
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Just now I was playing a game on my phone when an ad flashed across the top that must've been: " ... a better way to stream." I wasn't paying close attention and read it as, "... a better way to scream" and wondered what that might be.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Its a practice game for when you have to go back to work 😎
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    What I need to get at the store today. Will I be able to get close?
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I switched my weather app to show the temperature in Celsius and it’s much more menacing that way
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    If you wore sparkly eyeshadow yesterday and then used makeup remover and washed your face and took a shower, you are wearing sparkly eyeshadow today
  • glassyo
    Options
    I’m going to learn how to draw hands well in 2023. 20 minutes a day five days a week for the whole year or until I get bored
    hlfxqtua8942.jpeg

Did you draw that because the ring finger that's a little crooked? My finger! And you nailed it :)

And a coworker brought pastries. After lots of bread yesterday. And the dessert I actually didn't want to stay for at our Christmas dinner Friday night.