What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I had such a wtf moment at work yesterday.

The boss was on the phone with a client going over their year end numbers and had me come in to give me the outcome so I could do my thing.

He takes account numbers down because I'll be making payments for her (something I do for most of our other clients) but I was telling him she makes her own payments. I was GOING to tell him I'd need the log in info but, and I don't know what the hell I said, he puts her on hold, I repeat what I said, he tells me he's "not playing and doesn't need my sass"???? And I'm just, like, I need the log in info!

I would have called her myself but THEY WERE STILL ON THE PHONE!!
    That would’ve provoked some serious tantruming on my end

Honestly, there are other things he could be yelling at me about (if he even knows...which he probably does) but no one can beat me up more than I can myself.

I tantumed and quit in my head because unemployment would not be pretty on me. :)
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    I had such a wtf moment at work yesterday.

The boss was on the phone with a client going over their year end numbers and had me come in to give me the outcome so I could do my thing.

He takes account numbers down because I'll be making payments for her (something I do for most of our other clients) but I was telling him she makes her own payments. I was GOING to tell him I'd need the log in info but, and I don't know what the hell I said, he puts her on hold, I repeat what I said, he tells me he's "not playing and doesn't need my sass"???? And I'm just, like, I need the log in info!

I would have called her myself but THEY WERE STILL ON THE PHONE!!
    That would’ve provoked some serious tantruming on my end

Honestly, there are other things he could be yelling at me about (if he even knows...which he probably does) but no one can beat me up more than I can myself.

I tantumed and quit in my head because unemployment would not be pretty on me. :)
    That is some admirable fortitude.

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,363 Member
    Options
    The busy stores with people's shopping carts loaded high with stuff. Don't they know the new flyer comes out tomorrow so wait for the new specials??? Then again we're supposed to get a blizzard on Friday and Saturday so I guess they're simply planning ahead. I figure I'm out anyway tomorrow might as well wait til then....pre blizzard 🤣
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,477 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    The busy stores with people's shopping carts loaded high with stuff. Don't they know the new flyer comes out tomorrow so wait for the new specials??? Then again we're supposed to get a blizzard on Friday and Saturday so I guess they're simply planning ahead. I figure I'm out anyway tomorrow might as well wait til then....pre blizzard 🤣
    Yes, it was very busy at my grocery store today. I was picking up a couple of last minute items for Christmas dinner. It was clear that others were stocking up.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,477 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Just now I was playing a game on my phone when an ad flashed across the top that must've been: " ... a better way to stream." I wasn't paying close attention and read it as, "... a better way to scream" and wondered what that might be.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Its a practice game for when you have to go back to work 😎
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    What I need to get at the store today. Will I be able to get close?
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I switched my weather app to show the temperature in Celsius and it’s much more menacing that way
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    If you wore sparkly eyeshadow yesterday and then used makeup remover and washed your face and took a shower, you are wearing sparkly eyeshadow today
  • glassyo
    Options
    I’m going to learn how to draw hands well in 2023. 20 minutes a day five days a week for the whole year or until I get bored
    hlfxqtua8942.jpeg

Did you draw that because the ring finger that's a little crooked? My finger! And you nailed it :)

And a coworker brought pastries. After lots of bread yesterday. And the dessert I actually didn't want to stay for at our Christmas dinner Friday night.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I’m going to learn how to draw hands well in 2023. 20 minutes a day five days a week for the whole year or until I get bored
    hlfxqtua8942.jpeg

Did you draw that because the ring finger that's a little crooked? My finger! And you nailed it :)

And a coworker brought pastries. After lots of bread yesterday. And the dessert I actually didn't want to stay for at our Christmas dinner Friday night.
    Yes! What an endearing little quirk!
  • glassyo
    Options
    hlfxqtua8942.jpeg

Not when it happened! :)
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    hlfxqtua8942.jpeg

Not when it happened! :)
    😧
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    This storm that's coming...will it be as bad as they're predicting
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    What I still need to make for Christmas. Need lemon squares for my mom and a friend. What to do with the leftover egg whites...guess we're getting meringues
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Seriously. Has your electric company ever warned you that you will probably lose power tomorrow?
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,319 Member
    Options
    Seriously. Has your electric company ever warned you that you will probably lose power tomorrow?

Well that sucks! 🫤
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

Our hydro has been saying expect to lose power this weekend. This storm is no joke apparently
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

Our hydro has been saying expect to lose power this weekend. This storm is no joke apparently

Wow! I guess it’s nice to be forewarned but I had never heard of that before