What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    The words "If you hurt yourself tonight, don't call me", as I walked out the door to go bowling...

Be careful.. bad back is serious.. I hope you win
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Why are prom dresses in the $700 range??

Where do you live? They don’t cost that much here wow
    neurogirl wrote: »

I'm with her. That seems excessively high. You can RENT a very nice dress for the night online. They send you 2 sizes just in case. Much cheaper option. When I went and bought myself a floor length evening gown the other day, it was only $89. I would compare the price of my prom dress to what you're finding, but seeing as that was sooooo long ago (now that I think of it), I'll refrain.
    When I graduated (a while ago) there were dresses that cost $700.00 - it just depended on where you looked. Mine was $100.00.

We were at a formal gown boutique. Didn’t buy anything. We spent $400 last year and I thought that was high but was real sticker shocked today.

I didn't *kitten* so much about the gown but all the damn extras.. a heap of them wanted a stretch limo so at least the cost of that was shared, then hair, makeup , nails, shoes, purse, earrings.. geez I thought it would never end.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

I'm with her. That seems excessively high. You can RENT a very nice dress for the night online. They send you 2 sizes just in case. Much cheaper option. When I went and bought myself a floor length evening gown the other day, it was only $89. I would compare the price of my prom dress to what you're finding, but seeing as that was sooooo long ago (now that I think of it), I'll refrain.
    When I graduated (a while ago) there were dresses that cost $700.00 - it just depended on where you looked. Mine was $100.00.

We were at a formal gown boutique. Didn’t buy anything. We spent $400 last year and I thought that was high but was real sticker shocked today.

I didn't *kitten* so much about the gown but all the damn extras.. a heap of them wanted a stretch limo so at least the cost of that was shared, then hair, makeup , nails, shoes, purse, earrings.. geez I thought it would never end.

The kid isn’t going to be happy until she bankrupts me but I got her covered on shoes and purses.

I have 3 daughters ..so the money I put into buying formal gear I could have bought a new car.. lol
    So what colour is she going with?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

The kid isn’t going to be happy until she bankrupts me but I got her covered on shoes and purses.

I have 3 daughters ..so the money I put into buying formal gear I could have bought a new car.. lol
    So what colour is she going with?

Deep red. She has the skin of Snow White and it looks so good on her. It’s her last prom so I want it to be special but she’s killing me.

Sounds beautiful.. my last daughter went with deep burgundy and she's pale also, looked great.

They only got one formal each thank god.
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Not going to lie though the idea of prom scares me now lol

Don't forget homecoming dances and winter formals and sweet 16's.

Just shoot me.

I’ve got a sweet 13 next month too!

Y'all shouldve had boys :)
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options

Just shoot me.

You Americans have too many proms and dances.

I had one prom when I was graduating high school. Other than that I think I only attended two dances.

I only attended homecoming and prom my senior year. The big expense for my parents was my Quinces (Spanish version of sweet 16 but at 15 years old). I didn't even really want the party but my mom did!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    That's all crazy...
    Not sure if we're going to be the type of parents that we had, and make them get a job and pay for that *kitten* themselves...

Probably not, but they will need to do something to earn it, make them volunteer somewhere or do something
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    That's all crazy...
    Not sure if we're going to be the type of parents that we had, and make them get a job and pay for that *kitten* themselves...

Probably not, but they will need to do something to earn it, make them volunteer somewhere or do something

Lol..its all good Jesse..Now they all have jobs Im getting it all back :D Starting with making them pay when we go out for dinners :p
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options

Just shoot me.

You Americans have too many proms and dances.

I had one prom when I was graduating high school. Other than that I think I only attended two dances.

I only attended homecoming and prom my senior year. The big expense for my parents was my Quinces (Spanish version of sweet 16 but at 15 years old). I didn't even really want the party but my mom did!

Lol don’t you love coming from a cultural family!!

Oh yes! I currently live in an area that's not nearly as culturally diverse. It's interesting trying to explain things from where and how I grew up and the traditions. I have gotten a lot of comments. Makes me seem exotic to some people (although I don't consider myself to be :D )
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Not too far fetched from real life
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Microsoft thinks I’m a 55% match to Aziz Ansari so I guess this is my life now.
  • purpleannex
    purpleannex Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    People who accuse you of "trolling" (made up idiotic Americanism) because they disagree with your ideas, clearly they're concerned their views are wrong if they feel the need to censor someone else.

This is exactly why I don't normally bother with forums, they're pointless unless you want your views heard and challenged.

1984 here we go.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Something you don't want to hear your hair stylist say.."Ooops" :(