Options
    Mfpbff
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Mr_L33 wrote: »
    orangegato wrote: »
    saw 2 accidents today so far, do people not know how to drive? wait its ny..

Miami is worse

Yup. My friends in miami and he texts me pretty much every few hours showing me an accident. Actually just talked about one a few minutes ago lmao

I ask you two to come visit Atlanta. We can teach you guys a thing or two about having absolutely no clue how to drive. God forbid it starts raining, people forget how to steer, all of the sudden brakes don’t exist, side and rear view mirrors seem to disappear, cars are spinning out of control, crashing into guard rails or other cars. And that’s before I even leave my drive way.

:rollingupsleeves: so it’s a pissing contest now huh? Miami drivers will crash into you, don’t have any insurance and will flee the scene. Or pretend not to speak English. Or are 90 years old and demented.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Finished a marathon yesterday. Miles 19-26.2 were me thinking about how crazy I am for signing up for a 50 Mile trail race. What was I thinking?!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    saymyname2 wrote: »
    saymyname2 wrote: »
    been here for 45days lost 41lbs
    I can't even get excited about it. :/

Thats amazing.. why can't you be excited?

It's this mental block I have.
    I know how much I have to loose in the end and this loss is only a drip in the bucket.
    I hate the damn scale. I dont think i'll be going on it again any time soon lol

I know what you mean.. try not to think of the journey as a whole but as a lot of steps. Concentrate on each step.. I found when I played the mind game of thinking of each step as a day I did much better. I never thought about what was done in the past or the end line in the future, I just concentrated on my day, nothing else but that one day and getting it right. Some days I didn't, but when I woke up I reset, and had a new day ahead of me.
    You've done a brilliant job to get so much off in a relative short space of time..congrats :smile:
  • orangegato
    Options
    My dog is getting neutered tomorrow morning and I have a hard time looking at him in the eyes today :D

awww. Better have some good treats around and baby him a lot
  • orangegato
    Options
    Finished a marathon yesterday. Miles 19-26.2 were me thinking about how crazy I am for signing up for a 50 Mile trail race. What was I thinking?!

You were thinking that you really don't like your toenails?
  • orangegato
    Options
    saw 2 accidents today so far, do people not know how to drive? wait its ny..

Miami is worse

Yup. My friends in miami and he texts me pretty much every few hours showing me an accident. Actually just talked about one a few minutes ago lmao

I ask you two to come visit Atlanta. We can teach you guys a thing or two about having absolutely no clue how to drive. God forbid it starts raining, people forget how to steer, all of the sudden brakes don’t exist, side and rear view mirrors seem to disappear, cars are spinning out of control, crashing into guard rails or other cars. And that’s before I even leave my drive way.

:rollingupsleeves: so it’s a pissing contest now huh? Miami drivers will crash into you, don’t have any insurance and will flee the scene. Or pretend not to speak English. Or are 90 years old and demented.

Alright, I’ll give you that, I grew up in Florida. But in Georgia, some a-hole from Illinois wearing tube socks and Tevas will sideswipe you because he has a coffee in one hand and trying to update his Facebook status with the other in a mini van full of pastey fighting kids while his skin sack of a wife tries to navigate and he’s going 90 mph, trying to make “good time” on their way to Disney. Or worse an uninsured 1991 Honda Accord full of tweakers from Kentucky are making their way down to Florida on the OxyContin Express (75) for the easily accessible pain clinics, will blow through a stop light and T-bone you and maim you’re entire family.

Uncle.
    I cannot compete w/ this description of motor vehicle driver ineptitude that reads like good poetry from a creative writing class.
    Note to self: stay away from Atlanta
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    where can we go to leave the "mind" behind?