Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((Barbie & DH))) :'(
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about Brandy, I love my dogs & have always had dogs & have been thru this heartache many times. ((hugs))
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Barbie For some reason your post about Brandy took me by surprise, even though you have been preparing us for a few weeks, and now I am blubbering. So sorry for you but so glad for your dear Brandy that her people can help her when she needs it most. A gentle pat for Brandy, and a warm towel around your shoulders when you get back from the vet. Will be thinking about you and Brandy.

Karen in Virginia
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn: Welcome back. You are lucky to have such a big family. :star:

Lois: Sending good thoughts for healing to your DH. Mine has major health problems, too. He's doing somewhat better now after a long slide. His MS doctor was amazed. Give your DH a hug and encouragement to never give up even though progress is slow. One day at a time. (((HUGS)))

Sherry: Your raccoon story is a nice one. I hope ours turns out well, too, but so far it is horrible. Our neighborhood is next to the river and there are MANY raccoons in the vicinity. We found that the ones that were bothering us are STILL bothering us and have been back under the house. They'll be out Friday to put heavy duty metal grates over all of the vents. We will also eventually have to have our insulation replaced because the raccoons have made it a total mess. This is a huge expense that we don't need right now. :sad:

Barbie: My heart breaks for you & Jake. This is a tough decision and you're making the best one you can. :heart: :broken_heart::heart:

We have a plan for our raccoon problem and it will cost less than the company usually charges, but it is still a big bite for us right now. It will be over $600, but far less than their usual solution and will work better in the long run.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    barbie, Jake and Sasha sending love and peace. Knowing that Brandy won't suffer is important, so sorry for your loss. NYKAREN
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Barbie So sorry to hear about Brandy didn't know when I posted pics I wasn't being insensitive No doubt you have many happy memories which will comfort you when the pain subsides a little (Hugs)

Kate UK
  • sherryminch
    sherryminch Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey now....

I'm up and getting ready to head into Portland (uuuggghhh)....

Barbie - I am so so sorry about Brandy......I know it will be difficult for you and Jake.....just keep in mind that you guys are doing the best thing for her, you may be giving her pain meds but until dogs learn to speak English or we learn to speak dog we never know how much is enough, unfortunately.....so this is more likely the best thing for her.....please be strong, keep your chin up and try to remember she will be in a better place with no pain.....love and hugs for you all.....

Katla - keep plugging away at your raccoon problem, you'll get it solved......keep your chin up too.....I'm glad you have a less expensive solution that will work better in the long run, even though it is still expensive..... :s ...

OK ladies, it frosted over last night so I need to go start the car and let it warm up.....I want to get this show on the road in 15 minutes....I want to get this trip done and over with in as little time as possible......

Oh yeah.....I called the cable company and you wouldn't believe how much they want to hook me up.....all said the first month's bill would be roughly $400 (with hook up fees and everything) and then the monthly bill after that would be roughly $100 just for about 10 channels of TV and my own WiFi.......HOLY COW!!!!!!...........think I will go with satellite TV and forgo the WiFi and just keep using the personal hotspot on my phone for internet.....just not sure if I should do Dish Network or Direct TV, I have had each one before and like both so I guess it comes down to whoever has the best channel package for the best sale price.....

OK, gotta run, time to head out.....

Sherry in "frosty" Dufur
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    :*
  • PinkDaisiesYellowRoses
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just started back today and have quite a lot to lose (weight) and gain (movement). My plan is to track the remainder of December so that I can formulate a good plan starting in January. I know this sounds cliché, but that's what I'm doing. I need to REALLY see what I'm eating and how much I'm NOT moving in order to figure this thing out well. I live in Central NC and would love to chat with anyone to exchange ideas and give/receive motivation. I am 61 years old and have been retired for 3 years.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Barbie... so very sorry to hear about Brandi. Comforting thoughts and prayers are being sent your way.

Beth
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Bwcetc- yes there is wind, not slit but there is that damn wind!

Thanks to all for the compliments on my nails
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Kinda bummed, no snow :0(
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Barbie, I am so sorry. As much as it hurts, though, I know that you guys are making the right decision. We waited a few days too long with our precious cat, and I think that made it even worse - that we knew our selfishness contributed to suffering he shouldn't have had to endure. We knew the time was near but couldn't let go. I'm proud of you and Jake for making the hard decision.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just started back today and have quite a lot to lose (weight) and gain (movement). My plan is to track the remainder of December so that I can formulate a good plan starting in January. I know this sounds cliché, but that's what I'm doing. I need to REALLY see what I'm eating and how much I'm NOT moving in order to figure this thing out well. I live in Central NC and would love to chat with anyone to exchange ideas and give/receive motivation. I am 61 years old and have been retired for 3 years.

Welcome! Awareness is very helpful. Sounds like a great plan to me.

• pipcd34
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :'( We made the decision that today will be Brandy's last day. We don't want to wait for her to collapse or be in respiratory distress before we let her go. We will go to the vet later today and send her over the Rainbow Bridge.

<3 Thank you to all of you for your kind thoughts for Brandy. She has been the light of our lives since 2005.

I'm so sorry. It is a strong and thoughtful decision to put your baby down. Sometimes we keep them alive to make ourselves feel better and not what's best for them. We had our rocky put down at home, with bullwinkle and Floyd there. That was a hard day8f6thukcokfw.jpg
  • yegpac
    yegpac Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello all, and forgive me if this isn't the place to post this question, but I'm 51 years old, was happy to find a room with similarly aged women, and just joined MFP this week! I have a question. Thus far, I've just been tracking food and steps taken (via Vivofit tracker), but today I thought maybe I'll resume a 30-day plank challenge. I wanted to find PLANKS among the list of exercises (that you can put into your diary), but it's not on either list (cardio or strength)!! I was surprised and disappointed. Has anyone else noticed this? TIA, Lisa
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    Options
    Barbie so sorry about Brandy. It is never an easy decision.
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    So sorry about Brandy, Barbie. :heart: From reading your posts about her (and everything else), I know she has been blessed by having a thoughtful, considerate and clear-headed mistress. I hope you can find comfort in the thought that you have given her a good life.

/Penny, mainly just lurking now because of stern demands on my time and energy
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :'( We made the decision that today will be Brandy's last day. We don't want to wait for her to collapse or be in respiratory distress before we let her go. We will go to the vet later today and send her over the Rainbow Bridge.

<3 Thank you to all of you for your kind thoughts for Brandy. She has been the light of our lives since 2005.

Hugs and warm thots, its just never easy.

Janetr okc