Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • marylmarvel
    marylmarvel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello all, Love reading the posts. I am from North Dakota, just got done with a blizzard. I do love to walk in the snow if it is decent outside. I am setting up my plans for the week. I have fallen off the wagon of tracking and exercising. Go to the Chiro and will take the exercise one day at a time. I thank everyone for the support.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    <3

Kate UK
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    :(
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    So loving all the pictures!
    Pip - sassy lady nails
    Heather - great before and after
    Really enjoy seeing Christmas trees and grandkids.

Janetr - prayers for your sister.

Sherry - Yeah! Home sweet home!

Heather and Barbie - HUGS for you. Our pets mean so much to us.

Toni in Tennessee loving this drizzly day
  • rocknrobin65
    rocknrobin65 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm Robin, 51, live in middle Tennessee with my partner and two teen daughters. I'm having a breast reduction on December 12 and I'm SO excited! It will make exercise so much easier. So, my goal is to lose a few pounds until then, and focus on recovery for the rest of the month.

I would love to hear from some women who have had breast reductions.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    megblair1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I am going to do my best to start coming back here daily. Lots has been going on and I have lost all sense of accountability. Hope you all have been doing well and had a nice Thanksgiving. My December goal is to just get here. Take care, Meg

Meg, so nice to see you back. We've missed you. You taken the first giant step, its so easy to let it all fall be the wayside. Good December goal.

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Hi Meg - WELCOME BACK! :flowerforyou: Love to know what's been going on with you. <3 Great that you found your way back again!

I am off up to London tomorrow morning to be with my friend while she has chemo to help with her terminal cancer. I have texted her because I am pretty sure I am incubating the grandchildren's cold and I am worried about giving it to her. Haven't heard back yet. Going to catch the 9.40, so need to leave at 9.15. Therefore no exercises. I hope to do a bit of walking before I get to the hospital. I'm sure it will be a very tiring day, but worth it.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Meg good to see you post again.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-
    Fitbit
    Rowing machine- 30min, 5054meters, 61aw, 171mhr, = 261c
    Jogging- 14.24min, 9.15ap, 6.4-7.5sp, 176mhr, 2.5k, 1.55mi = 166c
    Total cal 427
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Meg- welcome back! So happy that you are here!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Just watching a TV programme about the Arctic Circle part of it was filmed last year during the worst storm for 40 years in Svalbard Isn't that where
    Penny lives?
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    Just watching a TV programme about the Arctic Circle part of it was filmed last year during the worst storm for 40 years in Svalbard Isn't that where
    Penny lives?

Yes it is!
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Cold and wet day today but good day for a nap.
    Meg_so good to "see" you again." Been missing you and hope you are well.
    Janetr- your granddaughter is adorable. She reminds me of my youngest. If she isn't talking , you can be sure she is asleep. Prayers for your sister.
    Sherry- we visited the Columbia River area and drove up to the Dallas. So glad you are happy. You will be much more comfortable now that you are reaching out and making friends.
    Gloria- so glad your new job is going well. Great job on your loss
    SueBDew in TX
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Pip Nifty Nails! Nice job!

Janetr I am so sorry for the disappointments and worries you have had recently. Prayers for your sister.

Meg Glad you're back! c0123.gif

Barbie We have an older Yorkie who has aging joints. He does get relief from doggie joint treats with chondroitin and glucosamine, but I see him losing strength in his rear legs and getting more wobbly as he ages. It is heartbreaking.

Heather We had lovely Siamese "talking" cats when I was a girl. I loved them beyond measure. We had one that was so smart. We had a friend that was afraid of cats - one time when she was visiting, Dad put him in the basement. Twice, he came stalking into the kitchen. So my dad put him back in the basement, and then sat in the hallway and watched the door. The doorknob wiggled, the door swung open, and the cat, whose paws were around the doorknob, swung onto the landing and dropped to the floor and stalked right past my dad into the kitchen. He had figured out how to open the door by observing us...amazing cat. He kept us amused, and we really admired that smart cat.

Welcome to the newcomers! I was welcomed so warmly into this group a few months ago and the women here have become very dear to me. I hope all of you will continue to drop in often and experience the support and comraderie that this group can offer.

Karen in Virginia
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Busy, busy, busy, busy...weekend. Holy cow! I am on that ball that keeps rolling faster and faster as the holidays get closer. Tree is up, hanging planters made, wreaths and greenery hung outside. I started a pot roast this morning; so that's what we had for dinner (thank God for the wisdom to plan ahead). I got my Christmas cards out AND fifty baby shower invites addressed and mailed! Getting ready to sit down with a glass of wine and a Christmas movie.
    Meg- Hello friend! Welcome back!
    Robin- Welcome to the group. Unfortunately I have no advice as far as breast reduction is concerned. From TN? Hope you are not in the fire line! Great to have you with us <3
    Janet-special prayers going out for your sister! Love and hugs to you! Your granddaughter is darling!
    Sherry- So happy you are in a better place! It is wonderful to hear your happy voice posting on here!
    Pip- Love the red holiday nails! >:)
    Off I go! I will check in in the morning! The plan is to get up and shovel. Yessssss! We have snow! FINALLY! <3B)

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Yesterday did Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds video. Today I did Mari Windsor's Lower Body Pilates DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a bit of the Butt Lift DVD, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

I know I won't go to mahjongg tomorrow night. The one gal is highly obsessive about health. One gal had a cold last week and she put the mahjongg tiles in her dishwasher. It's just not worth it. Plus, I understand another one of the ladies is sick. So assuming everyone else comes, that'll just be three of them. but you can play with three. I'm sad since that's about the only time I get to play lately, but I'd really rather get to bed early.

barbie - how wonderful for you teaching the whole class. You're on your way. You're so good to Brandy

As I'm reading, I keep falling asleep. Better get to bed early. My body is probably telling me that it needs rest.

Lenora - a hand quilt is worth so much money! If that's all she could "afford" to give you, she gave you a great gift. My aunt made each of my kids a quilt before she lost her eyesight. Denise never used hers, she preferred this 1001 Dalmations one Vince's parents got her. Vince wanted me to get rid of that quilt my aunt made. I just told him that there was no way I was donating a hand quilt to the Salvation Army and keeping one from WalMart, no way on this green earth. If Vince ever used it like your hubby was going to use yours, I would have had a heart attack too. You certainly can have the book and the killer buns and thighs DVD's. You got them. Wish I did have a DVD that concentrated on the abs. I have some, but my love handles are still here. Could you please do me a favor? I know I have your address, only it's not really readily available. Could you please send it to me again?

Welcome everyone new!

Sherry - I'm so so happy for you. That place sounds so wonderful

Lectored at the church yesterday and then traded one day of eucharistic minister (she'll do the 10th for me and I did yesterday for her). I really don't mind at all doing both in one day. As a matter of fact, I can't understand why the lady doesn't put me on both the same day. I understand people who do one or the other but for those who do both, put us on the same day. Well, it's not for me to state.

I'm starting into my "can't wait until this holiday season is over" mode. Wish there was someplace where I can store the cookies that I made. Right now they're in the freezer, too close for comfort.

I thought I'd strung enough popcorn, but we put popcorn on two of the smaller trees and there's no way there's enough for the larger tree. Sigh! I hate having to string it in the house.

katla - I hope our insurance covers Silver Sneakers when I'm eligible for it. Hot apple cider always seems to go over.

Carol - what a lovely pic of your gd! Reminds me of the TSO album. Happy birthday to your dh

Made the pierogi today for Christmas Eve. Only made 53 of them. I like to put them in packages of 10, so those remaining 3 somehow or other found their way into my stomach. Well, at least they weren't in their own package....lol

Charleen - I'm glad you find quilting relaxing. I tried it once, and that's one thing that I do not find relaxing at all. But then again, everyone's different. I would never have thought of needing an RFID

Got my christmas cards written out. Vince packaged up the box to send to Bryan.

Hard boiled some eggs yesterday.

Congrats to all the losers. Why can't it be me??????

Got most of the blowmolds down yesterday for decorating.

janet - prayers for your sister

SuzyQ - welcome back

Michele in NC

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Quilters – At our local Hobby Lobby, there is a woman who teaches a class on quilting; basically the student puts together the pieces; and, then she takes them home, where she has a quilting machine that stitches patterns on them. They don’t make very big quilts; but, at the Heritage Foundation they also have classes and all work on one quilt (on a large loom) and it is auctioned off for a money making project.

My Mimi had quilts on every bed in her house; her mother and grandmother had made them all and they were well worn, as were the ones from my Daddy’s mother. Those, and a roaring fire, were the only ways to stay warm when it was cold. I can remember at my paternal grandmother’s house, the fireplace was very narrow and the hearth … even with the floor was not very wide either; but, that sucker would certain ‘draw’ and they did all this without any fire screens. I’m surprised that more houses did not burn to the ground.

Barbie – My mother knitted all the time; and could do so watching TV; made very detailed patterns and after the first full course, she could remember every twist and turn. She made all 3 of us 3 blankets for each grandchild. I made the mistake of ‘lending’ them to my DOS’ first wife for DOGD and she ‘could not find them’ when they got divorced. DDnL#1 found the sweaters she had knitted for her up in the back of the closet along with some really nasty things - I won't say what they were. My DYS would put his finger through the stitches and would pull at them until they raved. To have repaired them would have meant ripping the entire section up to the hole. I put the only one that was still pretty much in one piece up, just to have it and remember him by it.

When we lived in town, we had a live oak tree that was hollow in the middle; we’d have a family of raccoons in it every year and there were woods all behind our house. The lady’s (that would come clean our house) husband would come and put out traps for them. Said they wanted to have them for training their ‘coon dogs’. We never had any around the house; but, we also had a dog in a pen right up under them, so they’d go out into the woods.

Katla and Becca – That is the kind of ‘small town’ I grew up in; and, also one like I live in now; but, making friends when you live out in the country and don’t attend a local church makes it difficult to have friends, other than my BFF and those of you here, and keeping up with former HS friends on FB.
    I guess the man for the raccoon job has to come when they are out and roaming to make sure of where they are coming in.

Sherry – You sound so much happier! Great that the move did this for you.

Carol – Sweet picture of your granddaughter. Is she the only grandchild you have? We just took Cracker off ‘puppy chow’ and she does NOT like what we bought for her this time. Vet suggested that we buy another bag of puppy chow and mix it together and see if she is picking around the food we bought her. Said that, long term, puppy chow is more fattening. She also said that all dogs love cat food because of its ingredients.

Janetr okc – Definitely praying for you sister. The power of prayer is unbelievable at how much it works! My oldest sister’s husband had a bad stroke the Friday before Halloween; worst, most extensive bleed the MD/Surgeons had ever seen in their practice. From front to back. Either he had a stroke or a seizure which caused him to fall in the bathroom and hit his head. He’s a ‘fighter’ and now they have been able to transition him back to GA. There were in Miami when it occurred. When she called my sister, my nephew answered the phone and told her to NOT let them take him anywhere other than Mt. Sinai in Miami. They were just north of Miami at a hotel when this occurred. She stayed with him all day/all night and my oldest niece would post on CaringBridge.org every day and report what he was going through and what type of prayer he and/or my sister needed. It got over 2500 hits from the time he went into the hospital until the day he got home. This is a wonderful site to go to ‘if’ you have family that is wide-spread or like he was, in another town and state.
    From the past Tuesday until today; I have been staying under my CI and also doing a lot of CO.

Tonight I just totally blew it, even though I exercised (walked) for nearly an hour. We went on our ‘date night’ to Mellow Mushroom and had a beer and shared a pizza; still had enough pizza to bring home and eat tomorrow night. I did not even eat lunch because I knew where we were going. I still went over by 1/3rd of my total daily intake. I would have had to walk another hour to be even ‘close’ to eating it back. Oh well, one day won’t hurt me … but, I am still ‘stuffed’.

Second evening in a row that we’ve had rain. We certainly need it. Yesterday, it rained pretty good; but, it will take a LOT of rain to get us out of the drought of 2 months or more we’ve had. DDnL#2 said it had been raining ‘hard’ out in Louisiana for the past 3 days. So I hope that is part of it.

Heather – Every Spring we’d all go to Mimi’s house in Marietta; and, come home with a kitten. Oldest sister’s always ran away. My Daddy would crank the car and put it in reverse and most of the time, kill my kittens, either because they were sleeping underneath it, or up inside the motor to keep warm. Middle sister was the only one that had a kitten live to adulthood (with one exception of mine). She named her cat “Dorothy” after her boyfriend’s mother; the neighbor across the side road from us ‘hated cats’ and we figured that she was putting out poison for them. We had also had a Dachshund that was poisoned. My Mother went over and told her that we knew she was poisoning the animals around the block and if they continued to go missing she would call the cops. Every afternoon when she came out on her porch, middle sister would call, “Dorothy – Dorothy (until she turned towards her or answered or waved at her) then she’d call “Dorothy, here kitty, kitty, kitty.” Every day for what seemed like forever. Every time, she waved ‘here kitty, kitty, kitty’. One of my kittens grew up; but, I would sneak him into the house and kept kitty litter under my bed. He’d slide down the back of the claw foot tub we had in the upstairs bath and into the water. He loved water. His name was “Kissy Kat” because he always liked to kiss me on the nose. I always think my ‘current’ pet is the ‘best one we’ve ever had’. Shorty, our JRT, was really smart; but, when we moved out here, she became an ‘outside’ dog; and, she preferred Louis over me. Cracker is ‘my’ baby; but, she sure does love DH. If he goes outside and we inside, she will go to the door and whine until I let her out. He says that she does the same thing if I go out and he and she are inside. When DH takes his shower, she guards the door. I just pull the door closed; and, she always comes in to see about me.

Robin – My DDnL#1 is extremely ‘large breasted’. She complains about her back hurting and has begun slouch; her mother had a huge hump on her back from ‘slouching’. I once made the comment that ‘if they ever got health insurance, maybe she could check into getting a breast reduction’ … You would have thought I had slapped her across the face coming and going. She told me with a very ‘huffy’ attitude … that DOS would never agree to that. Somehow I don’t really think that is true (not now that she is over 100lbs overweight).
    A friend of my Mother had one done, when she remarried (to a MD) … said it was the ‘best decision’ she had ever made. No more creases in her shoulder from her bra straps. Also a lot easier to find clothes that fit.

Pip – Is that foot over by the wall a ‘planter’? Love your 'holiday nails'.

Karen in Virginia – I am convinced that Cracker knows ‘exactly’ what we are talking about. If she could speak “English” we’d never be able to shut her up. Our cat, Tux, has allergies. His nose will run for several days and he will sneeze for a day or two, then he loses his voice. Right now, all he can do is open his mouth; but, nothing comes out.

Michele – That’s what I told her ‘it was priceless to me and my favorite gift of all times and I would cherish it forever’. Sure. In a PM. I know exactly what you are talking about ‘can’t wait until this holiday season is over’. I lost my Mother 10 days before Christmas … it has lost it’s sparkle. This year, everybody is getting ‘gift cards’ … that way they can buy what they want and then they’ll not only ‘like it they’ll use it’. Gave my DMGD a beautiful sweater (and her Mother was with me) … I never saw it on her … ever.

Lenora