WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Janetr okc sending healing prayers for your sister!

Cheri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Hello and good morning~
    JanetR~ prayers for your sister and your family..
    Sherry~ sounds like it was just a wonderful move for you... where God Closes a door he opens a window...
    Have apple cinnamon bread in the oven , and will be working on getting the house clean so it will be set for when we leave.
    Homer doing just great and hoping it stays that way, Tom doesnt want me stopping the mail until we know he will be fine for the trip.
    I sent him an e-mail with a bed and mattress I want , but we shall see how that all goes.. slept on the futon again last night and geesh I need me a bed..
  • csofled
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    [
    Did anyone else watch a program on pbs called food recovery? All about good food choices that heal, really informative, think I can add a few choices, chia seeds and pumpkin purée to a few meals. and of course it never hurts to hear the common strategies- drink water, eat your leafy greens etc
    Enjoy your Sunday everyone NYKAREN

Can't seem to locate that title on the PBS website search engine...grr....is that the exact title of the program? Interested in watching. Already sprinkle food with chia seeds!

Thanks

Cheri

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Janetr prayers for your sister!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    cheri. Can't find the title but the author is JOy Bauer and she has a website that looks really interesting. Oh just found it, it's calle "Food remedies". Her website looks chockful of info.
  • csofled
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    cheri. Can't find the title but the author is JOy Bauer and she has a website that looks really interesting. Oh just found it, it's calle "Food remedies". Her website looks chockful of info.

Thank you. I think she is the nutrition guru on The Today Show. She always has really sensible information to share with her viewers. I will look this up. Always love the shows I watch on PBS!

Cheri
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Olivia, granddaughter spending the weekend.
    ndtukj1qs58l.jpg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Janetr - Aaaaaahhhhh! <3

Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    I don't do all nails with designs. Just two on each hand. Y? Cuz that's how I roll

nwpme3e2p76z.jpg
    kbbzqr3smv7c.jpg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: Astoria is a great town. We visit often and go out to Fort Stevens when the weather is good or awful. We're less likely to visit Fort Stevens in drizzle. :wink:

Gloria: The weather forecaster said there was a possibility of snow in the Portland area. I'll believe it when I see it. :flowerforyou:

Janetr: I have put your sister in my prayers. I hope she improves soon. I am happy that you had a visit from your DGD to bring some joy into yours life. :flowerforyou:

Sherry: It sounds like Dufur was a great place to move. Yay!!! I'll look forward to hearing more about your new community. :bigsmile:

NYKaren: I missed the pbs food recovery program. I'll see whether I can find it online. It sounds interesting. :flowerforyou:

Suzy PA: Welcome back! :smiley:

The pest control guy was here in the middle of the night. He found where the raccoons are getting under our house and plugged the opening. He will be coming back later to reinforce the vents. At this point he's charged us $500 for plugging our screen and the neighbor's screen, too. I hope they'll contribute to the repair costs. We need to talk to them about it. There is more work to be done and he's coming back Tuesday.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

December Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • vernalwicks
    vernalwicks Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Dear Annr and Barbiecat, Thank you so much for your greeting! You guys are awesome!!! With love, Verna
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, raccoons used to come up on the deck at my parents' house in Eureka, CA....they put out dry dog food and a bowl of water and enjoyed watching them through the sliding glass door. It was very entertaining until the raccoon population began to grow and the demand for food got huge. When we moved into their house after they died, we replaced the deck and while it was down, the neighbors down the hill called and told us that all the raccoons were coming to their house. The raccoons didn't come back to our house after the deck was rebuilt.

:) There is snow forecast for here tomorrow. We have line dance performances in the afternoon and two of the dancers are concerned because they live up steep hills and won't drive in either snow or ice. Fortunately another dancer goes skiing a lot and has no concern about driving in any sort of weather so she's agreed to pick them up, if necessary. I think it will snow but will probably be all melted off by noon.

:'( Brandy is slowing down more every day and limping. Jake has gone to the store to buy some chicken to add to her supper to give her a special treat.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington
  • vernalwicks
    vernalwicks Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Katla49, Thank you. Love, Verna
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    :) Thanks, Heather

Janetr okc
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Janetr - healing prayers for your sister and family. I have a cousin with diabetes who is also very heavy and eventually had to have a leg amputated. Thank goodness for darling grandchildren like your Olivia who remind us of the joys in life. (((((((HUGS)))))))
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Barbie ~ So sorry Brandy is having problems. She will love the chicken. Lean chicken and pork are just about all our Pom will eat. He won't eat dog food.

Janet ~ Very Cute GD! Know you love her.

Heather ~ Loved the picture of your pretty GD and her dad.

We had our birthday lunch for DH and the Dnl and grands left shortly after 1PM. Fun to see them. Son always has to work on the weekends so is never here for special occasions.

Cold Rain Today! But, after our months of no rain at all it is welcome. Walking the Pom in the cold rain is not fun.

Carol

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Barbie - Sending you hugs for you and Brandy. <3 My pain was so great at my childhood pets' passing that I have never been able to have a pet as an adult. I admire anyone who can. I have never forgotten my beloved pets. :'( I would like to pay tribute to my Seal point Siamese Oscar. A cat beyond measure. <3 He really talked to me. It was true love. I am crying now.
    Sending love. <3
    Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    Supposed to b 26 on Monday and Tuesday! Let the cold bike riding weather begin, bring it!