WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    I have not stepped on the scale in two weeks. With the stress of my mom's sickness and passing, I have done a lot of emotional eating. Hopefully, after the new year I will settle down. Funeral tomorrow and just hope there is no discord between siblings, etc. With 5 you never know. I think it is neat that 3 of the grandchildren and 3 spouses of grandchildren will be pallbearers. My sister and brother said she looked beautiful. Just hope I keep it all together as I have a tendency to cry buckets. Your prayers will be appreciated.

Allie ~ I have no words for you. I just hope you do what is best for you and that you will follow what your instincts tell you. I think we all have an inner voice that will guide us if we listen.

Carol
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Carol- prayers and hugs for you and your family. I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    carol we are with you in spirit, take it one moment at a time. Every tear that falls is healing. I know what you mean with a big family, it really can be tricky. I will say that I was surprised at my mothers service by all the tiny moments of love that were remembered and I witnessed some little gestures between siblings that took the sting out of some of the other difficult bits. Sending <3
    NYKAREN
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,934 Member
    Options
    name-graphics-rita-105022.gif
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    Carol ... thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow ... and as far as I know, there's no standard measure for tears ... hugs
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Charlene and Rori I'm a January bday girl too! The 17th!

Cheri
    in warm and wet College Station, TX
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    B) Carol - Sunglasses to hide puffy eyes. They'll be more sensitive to the sun when you get out in it. <3
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Oh, Allie, sorry it came to this but happy you are taking steps tomprotect yourself. Hugs, honey!
    Betty
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    <3Carol, sending hugs to you...just stay in the moment and think about all the wonderful memories of your mom..share about the happiness

Barbie
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Did I not finish my post? I am back in the hospital. Last night I was able to gently blow my nose which caused another bleed. By the time I was actually seen in the ER, the nose bleed was over but the main reason I went was the dizziness, and I mean dizziness. They gave me a bolus of. Fluids to see if they could he,p with that and gave me the choice to go home or not since they couldn't find a thing wrong except the dizziness. So after the bolus and supper, I asked to go to the bathroom again. They used the wheel chair to get me there but I was still real dizzy and very short of breath. So here I am, 5 days before our family Christmas
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Mary: that's how we make our stew, I do add cream, need more calories.

Margaret: we had 8 cancel due to flu or weather, still had close to 20 people. The weather did hold until after 12 then 94 closed due to ice and wind .

Happy New Years to all! Gayle Minneapolis
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Carol, Allie, and Joyce - my prayers are with you.

Toni in warm and rainy Tennessee
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Peach – so sorry!!! Sending hugs

Rori – Love the idea of the cat sending cards…

Barbie – feel better soon!!!!

Allie – Tom having a lady friend helps explain his behavior and to me means even more important that you get legal support, get your ducks in a row – and then as pip said, “Ask him about it, straight up” LATER- good job on asking and taking care of you. And Margaret said it all so much better than I ever could.

Joyce – sending hugs.

December Goals:

Write Christmas letter, and have all cards ready to send by Dec1…this was for nov. but still working on it.
    Read and report on a book
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption –
    Lunch with Kyle - Done

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Allie~ Hugs to give you strength in all that you will need to do. I agree with whomever said to document everything. Every conversation you have from him from now on. Having an attorney be the mediator is a good thing. We all love ya and wish only the best for you from now on....
    Becca
    Oregon
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Goodnight everyone - off to work in the morning!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the love..I have an army of friends and family.Tom has no one as he has isolated himself except for this woman he is so called talking with..At this stage of the game I just want to get back home...Told him don't know if I can handle being in the car 2 days with him...And he like what? Nothing's changed...I haven't done anything..