WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Rant coming up:

What are the chances this would happen twice to my daughter?!

About the time she was trying to leave Chicago and move to VA she had to battle a downstairs neighbor who was smoking pot to beat the band. Ros has a Sensory Disorder that "enables" her to have super hyper smell and hearing. The odor gave her migraines and nausea. Had to battle the landlords to let her out of the lease early cause they weren't being proactive about the problem smoker. Lo and behold all was well in her new apt in Va until a new neighbor moved in below her...AND GUESS WHAT SHE HAS BEEN DEALING WITH AGAIN!!! She has had the police out numerous times to document this event. She has been to management numerous times to let them know that her lease is being violated as they are not providing a safe and comfortable living space for her. Now in their defense this landlord is making amends. They have purchased her a high quality air filter and have take her complaints seriously. The police have smelled the odor too. To the point that they were able to get a search warrant for his apt. They found nothing. Go figure. Ugh...her father and I are so distraught that she has to go though this sh&*(&t again. She is soooo sensitive to noises and smells. Apparently the renter demanded of management to know why the police keep knocking on his door and why his apt was searched and demanded to be moved as he thinks it's the tenants living below him that are snitching on him. They have another apt for him and are just waiting for him to sign papers and vacate but he is dragging his feet. A young guy apparently. If he does move and the smell continues (because they really do not have any evidence that it is him) then our daughter may just have a breakdown along with us. We are trying to get her to think about renting/owning a small home. Finances may be an issue but we can think this is the only answer as she works from home her environment must be as noiseless and odor free as possible.

Rant over.

Cheri
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    Rant coming up:

What are the chances this would happen twice to my daughter?!

About the time she was trying to leave Chicago and move to VA she had to battle a downstairs neighbor who was smoking pot to beat the band. Ros has a Sensory Disorder that "enables" her to have super hyper smell and hearing. The odor gave her migraines and nausea. Had to battle the landlords to let her out of the lease ... to be moved as he thinks it's the tenants living below him Finances may be an issue but we can think this is the only answer as she works from home her environment must be as noiseless and odor free as possible.

Rant over.

Cheri

My sister has similar issues as your DD. Only, she was evicted because of complaining too much. We talked to a lawyer that deals with rentals and he said they had the right to do that. This is now her third apartment. Hopefully she has learned that she has to put up with others in a multi dwelling living situation.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Michele - YEAH, you're back!!!! Can't wait to see the Christmas pictures. I'll be taking mine down, probably, tomorrow. When I was growing up my Mother would have them down and all packed up and in the closet under the stairs. DH's family would put their tree up late, like maybe Christmas Eve and leave it up through the Epiphany. We had to come to an agreement about that one. Since I am the one that puts them up and takes them down, they are 'out of sight' before the New Year comes in. One of our neighbors down the road kept their up and lit a couple of years ago, until their son returned from being stationed overseas. One of my DH's regular customers has a closet in the corner, under a staircase and their Christmas tree can be pulled in-and-out with a pulley system and completely decorated. Now, how fine is that????

Mary from Minnesota and Cheri - When my senses get 'hyper' ... I pretty well know I am about to have a seizure - especially the sense of 'smell'. I go sit down and take it easy; I double-check to make sure I have taken my medications for the day. Most of the time, I just get in bed. Gives me a migraine and makes me nauseous, too.

LOL!!! We were sitting here a few minutes ago and heard the loudest racket from the kitchen, went to check what Cracker was into and realize that it was a mouse stuck on one of those 'sticky' traps that DH had just thrown up there earlier today. Those things are terribly sticky; but, the only way to go if you have pets. Don't want either Cracker or Tux to find a mouse that has been poisoned. It must have been pretty big, or very mad. It has finally 'given up' and all is quiet.

Lenora
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    We are home after being gone 12 days. Been reading all afternoon to see what's been going on. Unfortunately there were several sick people on our flight and I started coughing this morning. We walked so much my feet hurt!! But what fun we had with my Ds's family and my youngest daughter's family.
    Carol - so sorry for your loss
    Barbie-hope the meds have helped your dizzy spells. Be careful when you are out walking alone (except for your Puppy)
    I will try to post a picture of of our trip. Oops DH changed some setting. Have to check it out.
    SuebDew
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,370 Member
    Options
    I think I just accidentally deleted someone who sent a Facebook request to me (cheri?). Would you please resend it?

Michele
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    I think I just accidentally deleted someone who sent a Facebook request to me (cheri?). Would you please resend it?

Michele

It looks like it went through as I can see your posts and it says we have 1 mutual friend! However the last post you made was from September?! You could send me a facebook friend request at Cheri Soforenko Lederman.

Cheri
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,966 Member
    Options
    :) I am still dizzy but hopeful that it will end soon.

<3 Barbie
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Cheri ... sorry about your daughter's rental problems! I tried to send you a message, but I'm getting server errors from MFP. Will try again tomorrow. Would love to have a few fitbit friends!

Beth
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,645 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 13.07min, 13.4amph, 145mhr, 2.9mi= 141c
    fitbit- 146mhr, 123c
    polar- 146mhr, 76c
    JOG- 41.57Min, 13.32ap, 0-4incl, 4.2-5.0sp, 150mhr, 1mi no incl, 2nd mi 2incl, last 1.1mi 4incl 5k = 429c
    fitbit- 179mhr, 404c
    polar- 150mhr, 213c
    ride gym 2 dome- 9.14min, 9.4amph, 142mhr, 1.4mi = 94c
    fitbit- 145mhr, 62c
    polar- 143mhr, 49c
    jog station 2 wk- 6.42min, 163mhr, 11.04ap, .6mi = 74c
    fitbit- 154mhr, 68c
    polar- 152mhr, 42c
    jog wk 2 sta, fitbit- 4.47min, 10.06ap, 154mhr, .4mi = 68c
    polar- 155mhr, 33c
    ride dome 2 hm, fitbit- 19.43min, 7.9amph, 149mhr, 2.6mi = 141c
    polar - 157mhr, 117c
    put 175c for this, my usual w/wahoo hrm
    total cal 981
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,370 Member
    Options
    Barbie - so sorry you're having problems being dizzy

My friend from college just called. She'll probably be here around 1 tomorrow. I'm going to try to get more on track with my eating. These holidays have just been murder, but I'll get there.

Cheri - sent you a friend request. sorry for the mistake.

Michele in NC
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Michele - I tried connecting on FB, too, Nancy Lenora Andre - only got old posts when I looked, could not see any pictures.

Beth - I've been getting all sorts of server errors on MFP. Another thing it won't let me do is 'cut and paste' or 'auto correct' spelling or show me the correct spelling. Some of the things my technicians said would be the app; and, they would not be able to do anything about it. If I scroll up or down, it just totally turns white; and, the only way to get back to it, is to "X" out (not log out) and when I go back in, I am back wherever I started having issues. I don't know it if is MFP over all, or just this particular thread. Has anybody else had this type of issue?

Lenora
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    The pic is from Jean Lafitte Park in Jefferson Parrish, Louisiana. After walking there, we went and did the tourist thing through the French Quarter. 15,000 steps today. I'm exhausted.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: I hope the dizziness goes away & you feel better soon.
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • MrsGLT
    MrsGLT Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies. It's been a busy day. It's warm and humid here in Texas. I had been out this morning and when drove back into my neighborhood my next door neighbor was on his riding mower in shorts, & no shirt. Yuck.
    I spent the morning with my oldest granddaughter teaching her how to use her new sewing machine we gave her for Christmas. She's 11 and wants to learn. I'm going to take her to my quilt guild meeting. I've taught her some basics on hand piecing and she has very nice even stitches. My girls haven't shown any interest in quilting so I'm hoping my granddaughter will take up the quilting torch.
    I didn't get as much activity today. I'm just worn out.
    For those who are hurting, I will keep you in my prayers.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Allie - I’m staying in touch with Sherry, and told her what was going on with you, she asked that I tell her you she was thinking of you.

December Goals:

Write Christmas letter, and have all cards ready to send by Dec1…this was for nov. but still working on it.
    Read and report on a book
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption –
    Lunch with Kyle - Done

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Well today was very quiet at work because hardly anyone was there! I think the attorneys all went to Las Vegas or something and didn't tell any of us . . . lol. I was having a really hard time staying awake. someone brought Baklava today - really good Baklava. Two pieces worth Baklava. Tomorrow I will stay away from it! Today I enjoyed it :wink:

Michelle so glad to have you back!

Now I know where our ducks went for winter!

I found out yesterday that my son who is in CA has been in and out of the hospital for three days. He is either having a mental breakdown or has been severely relapsing on Meth. Prayers would be appreciated.

Off to bed - Coffee with the boss in the morning!

Gloria in rainy WA

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,310 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your son, Gloria. <3 The one we have staying at the moment is my worry. Depression, morbid obesity, left his job, unemployed. I love him dearly, but it's hard. I can't see things changing soon. I know you have been the one to pick up the pieces and I really admire you for it. <3

Going to get our exercises in while my son is still asleep. We all drank too much last night. No alcohol for me today. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx