WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Morning, all,

Love the Disneyland pics, and the beach, SueBDew...

Allie - protect yourself and your future, dear heart, I have to agree that there's money you don't know about somewhere.

Joyce - thinking of you and worried about you.

We will be heading back down to West Texas this morning, and on the road for eight/nine hours, according to how long we stop for lunch. Just playing on the Internet until everyone wakes up from their well-earned rest. We worked our butts off this week putting up the fence, but it's been out of love, and worth every moment.

Here's a quick pic of my sis and my DH, behind the front part of the fence. We finished the front and back on Monday, the wild side of the yard covered with grapevines yesterday... headed home today.

Love y'all,
    Lisa, soon to be back in West Texas
    kx0kc614btpm.jpg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,764 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    not feeling so hot today.. was bad had a grilled cheese with bacon and tomato yesterday and then warm caramel corn... sleeping on couch as I did the sheets and bedspread in the 2nd bedroom and don't want to sleep in there the renter will be here this weekend. fell asleep at 7 slept till 9 was awake till after midnight tossing and turning and going to the bathroom, and finally got up at 6:15..
    I am planning on packing the car today.. he wants to leave friday..and of course is being nice to me now.. I will let him, but I am not jumping up and making food for him..
    I love Helene dearly(our renter) and will try and make this place spotless for her, as she does for us..
    I am ordering a new bed today as I will have to sleep on the futon in my room and it is not comfortable..
    I will wait until Tom goes to work tuesday to start snooping, and on thursday will get copies made of our paycheck stubs and important papers for lawyer..
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Barbie- (((hugs))) I am sending healing prayers your way. I hope you get better soon!

Sue- your pictures are fantastic! You look great!

Gloria - I will send healing prayers for your son. It is difficult for you to be so far away as well. (((Hugs)))

Lisa- that is a nice fence. I can see how it would be hard work.

Allie- I'm sorry that the futon is uncomfortable I would suggest having Tom sleep there and you sleep in your bed. Great plan for looking for hidden money and other things he might have stashed. I like female lawyers the two I had for other issues were like pit bulls.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    Gloria so sorry about your son. Prayers for him and you.

(((Allie)))

:heart: Margaret
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning, I shouldn't be surprised that I slept so well, took aleve pm and didn't stir until 7:30 am,Whoa :s

Planning a quiet day, my godson/nephew may be here for a few days, we will see 'cause communication is very spotty with this one, takes a long time for him to open up and say whats on his mind.

Well DH's head cold has transferred over to me :/ so I am treating with tea and salt water gargling. Sugar and dairy are off the menu as well as I try to head this off at the pass. Gonna hit the gym this am as well and try to carry on with my New Years cleaning extravaganza - cupboards are reorganized, yearly paperwork filed away and my day planner/journal is tucked away--for some reason I always celebrate the new year with a cleaning surge o:)
    NYKAREN
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,764 Member
    Options
    I am exhausted ,and not feeling good...Gonna lay low and go to the pool later if I feel better..Old Goat going along like nothings abnormal,boy does he have a surprise coming.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Gloria ... prayers for your son and you also ...

Waiting on return call from husband's doctor ... something's not right with his heart/pulse and he's worried. He's being weaned off the last of his opiate pain meds and we suspect this has something to do with how he feels. Need to make sure.

Beth
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,966 Member
    Options
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

<3Allie, sending hugs and encouragement to you...keep the course and you'll get where you want to go

<3 Gloria, sorry to hear about your son

:)Michele, happy to see you posting with us again

:/Lenora, sorry to hear that you're having trouble with MFP....none of those things happened to me...I use a laptop computer and Google Chrome.

:)MRS GLT...that would be great if your granddaughter became a great quilter like you...I learned to knit when I was about 9 years old and still love it.

:)Lisa, best wishes for a safe trip home.

<3NYKaren, hope the cold is gone soon

:) I slept well last night and feel a bit less dizzy this morning. I walked Sasha before breakfast and will meet with friends and walk her again soon. Yesterday I didn't walk Sasha and felt moderately lethargic until almost bedtime when I walked in the house for awhile.....that broke my streak of walking 10.000 steps a day that had gone on since I got my strength back after surgery.

<3 Barbie from chilly NW Washington
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,912 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Rita from CT
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Lilymay2 wrote: »
    Always behind!!

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan

This made me laugh.... it's my life on MFP.... lol
    Nice to know I'm not the only one.

Marcelyn
    suffering with 80° in Houston
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-11 X 10 X 30

KarenNY- I hope you feel better really soon! If you have enough energy you can come over here and clean LOL I usually get in the mood for my spring cleaning in April. Although we have to get to our taxes soon.

Carol- (((hugs)))

Beth- sending healing thoughts toward your husband! Hopefully it is just the meds.

Barbie- glad the dizziness seems to be getting better. Too bad about your step streak. You are doing amazing with your recovery from your surgery.

Lenora - I have also been having issues with MFP on my iPhone. They are similar to what you described. Hopefully they will get the bugs out.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options

I've been getting all sorts of server errors on MFP. Another thing it won't let me do is 'cut and paste' or 'auto correct' spelling or show me the correct spelling. Some of the things my technicians said would be the app; and, they would not be able to do anything about it. If I scroll up or down, it just totally turns white; and, the only way to get back to it, is to "X" out (not log out) and when I go back in, I am back wherever I started having issues. I don't know it if is MFP over all, or just this particular thread. Has anybody else had this type of issue?

Lenora

The messaging system on MFP stinks. It never EVER lets me private message someone unless they are my friend and even then not all the time. I can never PM someone from this thread. I just gave up.

• megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    hi ladies. I was not feeling well yesterday so went to bed when I got home. I have an awful cold. I'm so far behind I just have to be here at work, but I am getting a lot of things done.

Allie: so sorry to hear of your new developments but maybe it's best in the long run. you have put up with far too much for far too long in my opinion. you know we all just wish you the best in life and happiness!

Take care all...sorry this is short but my medicine head is not cooperating today! meg from omaha
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,966 Member
    Options
    :) I think there is a way to send a PM to someone who is not your official MFP friend. I tried it from my laptop and I'll report back when I get an answer.

:'(Meg, take care--hope you feel better soon.

<3 Barbie
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    <3

Kate UK
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    I have never had an issue with sending a PMto anybody friend or not. I just send it to their username and it always seems to work
  • fanncy0626
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I thought maybe some of you may be interested in this new group that I joined. Weigh in is open through December 31. If you would like to join.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/117572-40lbs-by-may-27th-2017-ladies-only
  • fanncy0626
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You do not have to lose 40 pounds. You choose your goal amount of weight to lose. If you have any trouble getting into the group let me know.