WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I've also found that when I cannot 'cut & paste' it might be because someon else is posting at the same time, and maybe MFP is recording what they can fit on the bottom of the page; and, not accepting mine for some reason. I usually copy it back to my WPP and just wait a few minutes.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Gloria – I’m sorry to hear your son has been in-and-out of the hospital; and, Heather, that you son suffers from depression and that he is employed. I know it is hard on everybody, probably more than it is for him. First-hand knowledge; but, prayers going up for all of you. Maybe by being there, they can get him on the right road to recovery. I had to be in the hospital so they could get my medications tweaked. Once tweaked I was discharged. I have bipolar disorder and I can’t be ‘textbook therapeutic’; if so, then I suffer more from depression than I do when I am one step on the manic side. My mantra has been, “I don’t suffer from mental illness; I enjoy every minute of it.” That’s because I can’t change it and it is out of my control.

The only times I have been admitted into the hospital was because I did hit that 'iced over pond' and broke through that "textbook therapeutic' barrier, and gone to the 'other' and 'dark' side. It gave me an entirely different perspective of what the 'depressed' side of being manic/depressive felt like. I'm glad I don't suffer from depression all the time - that is REALLY a huge cross to have to bear. Neither 'Bipolar Disorder' or 'Depression' are understood by most of y'all who have never had either. I think that "Bipolar Disorder" is the PC way of describing 'manic/depression'. Being 'depressed' is probably worse that being severely 'manic'. The few times that I have been 'depressed' all I want to do is lie in the bed and not get up. Being severely manic I am feeling very 'hyped up'. But, I do not like for my PsycheMD to get me into what is considered 'textbook therapeutic' because I swing too much. He keeps me where I feel the best (which is a little baby step on the manic side. But, I do have days that all I want to do is 'cry' ... and that sometimes 'upsets the apple cart'. Because, for me ... I am getting 'too' manic and my meds need to be tended to.

I will be taking medication for the rest of my life, but, that also is something I have learned to accept. How I wanted to be changed; but, it took all this to be changed. Hopefully, he will see that taking the right type of medicine will be more of a help than doing street drugs. He’ll get the proper help and the right medications, when he has admitted he has a problem. Whether he is in-and-out is because he can sign out or if the hospital cannot keep or control what he does, I hope he stays there to let them help him At some point you have to let him ‘face-plant’ so he can ask for help (from someone other than you) … as his mother. I think the hardest thing is standing back watching him ‘fight’ it. Kudos to you.

Allie – You are being very smart and proactive in getting paperwork to take to an attorney. When you say you are having a renter, do you not have a 3rd bedroom? Or is a way for you to keep the house? You said that Tom is leaving on Friday; do you have a way to find out where he is going once he leaves? Maybe using a different car; or having someone drive you while you watch? Do you know where is he ‘supposedly’ going? Does he know that you want to divorce him? I’m just ‘gleaning’ that when you said that you were packing the car today. Prayers and a lot of {{{{{UGS}}}}}. LOL! Won’t he be surprised?!?!?

Mary from Minnesota – That having a good ‘female’ attorney is good; because they can empathize with you by knowing how it would feel to them. Female attorneys are not quite as willing to be a pit-bull when representing men; but, if a wife is cheating on the man, they do try to make is so that she does not totally strip him. My son has a ‘female’ attorney; his ‘settlement and child support was reasonable; right down the middle for his income and the fact that he only had one child. Again, I would suggest that you ask your attorney about ‘claiming any money he is ordered to give you as ‘alimony’; if it can be wording in the Settlement Agreement and that he is responsible for paying the taxes as it would be considered ‘income’ to you. He’d have to pay taxes on that as he would be considered an employer. This might not be possible in the state you reside in; but, I know my sister, in Florida, had her ‘alimony payments’ set up that way. His ‘alimony’/settlement’ won’t stop until he dies, it won’t be stopped if she decides to retire, it only stops when he dies, and, he had to keep a policy of insurance naming her as the beneficiary and keep it current and not allow it to lapse. If he has an insurance policy that names you as beneficiary, make sure he does not cancel it, if he does make he buy a new one. So that ‘if’ he dies before you do, you’d still have money coming in that you could invest and then maybe the interest you’d receive, either monthly or quarterly would also help you with living expenses. I decide that the money I inherited and invested would roll over and the interest would be to buy more interest so it builds up. I’m not having to worry about it either. My financial advisors has his own money invested in the same things that his clients are invested in.

I’m hoping they will find out why it is occurring and ‘fix’ it; I am going to email them again; and, tell them I am still having these issues. Maybe they will try and fix it so it will stop doing it. So far, I have not had that problem with PM’s but I can use it if the person is a friend; and, making a friend request comes from clicking on their ‘name’ and it will either ask you to send a message or ignore it – which blocks that person.

NYKaren – Surely you are meaning that you are gargling with ‘salt water’ but not mixing it with the tea. LOL! Sorry you caught it from him. My DGDs don’t come over here if they are ‘sick’ because I tend to catch everything. I’m taking down my Christmas decorations so when packed and out of the house before New Year’s … I will l have ‘figuratively’ thrown the old year out; when the New Year comes in.

Barbie – I also use a laptop and Google Chrome because my technicians say that GC has less issues than IE. It is just frustrating when it does not work the way I expect it to work. Especially when it means I lose some or all of what I have typed. Thankfully, I use a side-by-side method of writing responses to others.

Sometimes being sick just means you don’t have the strength to do exercise. I take a break for doing ‘exercise’ other than the walking I do in the course of the day. Might be 5 or 10 minutes here and there.

MRSGLT – All 3 of us had to take ‘sewing lessons’ but we took them at Singer shop near where we lived; but, Mother also worked with us at home. I took Mechanical Drawing over Home Ec. And both parents taught me all the other things I would need when I started living on my own.

I think the strangest thing that ever happened to me was having a check in my statement, which took money out of my account which was not drawn on the bank I used and the neither the person who wrote it out nor the one receiving it banked at my bank. They checked all sources they could; put the money back, put back the money they had charged me for ‘writing “bad check” back in it as well, and, also writing letters to 6 or 7 of the companies that had sent them back as ‘insufficient funds’ to tell them it was a banking account and not me personally; then sent the checks they had marked ‘insufficient funds’ back on ‘bank checks’.

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,648 Member
    Options
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Iam home from the hospital again. Blood count still low but they don't transfuse blood at this level. I wonder who made that rule. Normal is around 12. My normal is around 10. But they don't transfuse until around 8. Hemoglobin carries oxygen around to the body so if yours is low, you don't get a good oxygen carried around. If your back doesn't hurt before you go in a hospital, it will hurt when you come out. They give you your sleeping pill at 9 PM and then give your last meds of the night such as blood pressure medicine at 11. The hospital is out of stock of the muscle relaxant.

I'm tired but am home. Charlie is off to Sams to pick up new scripts, Michelle will pick up a vaporizer for me and I need tissue paper to put in bags. Christina bought all the presents for her kids from us and stuff for stockings.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Blue crisp skies today. We are driving to PDX to pick up middle son this afternoon. On my roller coaster ride of missing my eldest son, and excited to see middle son. I think my eldest son had a good relaxing time with us. I taught him how to make fluffy tapioca pudding. I gave him a large index card and told him to write (in his words) what I was doing. One step was "move Owain out of the way"....his younger brother! Haha.... We sat on the couch periodically when watching something on TV and I let him rest his head on my shoulder while we hugged. He is a big kid! When he had to leave yesterday, he put on his younger brothers tennis shoes by mistake! He knew they weren't his when they felt really big, so of course we all laughed because the teenager's feet are bigger than his oldest brothers, and he is taller than his middle brother.... strange eh?

Didn't attend the TOPS meeting because I was doing laundry before we have to travel to the airport. Saw my 90 yr old neighbor and she said she wants to give the teenager a "Fire" or something like a Kindle notebook. She said that she just can't see the directions and has no interest in learning how to do it. I was really touched by her generosity!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,868 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Have been to the YM this morning. I went planning to do yoga but I was the only one there and they will not teach a class for less than 4 people so I just did my own thing in the pool. After teaching water exercise for over 40 years I can come up with a quick lesson plan for myself. Sun is out so hoping it warms up this afternoon.

Gloria - Sorry about your son. Hard to not know what is going on.

Barbie - Hope the dizziness continues to subside. That is no fun.

Re - Hope your life gets less busy soon. I miss your posts.

"A comfortable house is a great source of happiness. It ranks immediately after health and a good conscience." - Sydney Smith

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • StrzyKa
    StrzyKa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and needing to lose about the same amount. :p. Have tried several times in several ways. Always hit a wall & get frustrated & give up.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,766 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Lenora~ our florida house has 2 bedrooms, we are down here until friday a.m. we will be driving back together..
    did more poking and found out the girlfriend is someone where he works.. still dont have a name , but will get one from sources, all going in a file.. as papers go Tom is meticulous with having things organized so shouldnt be hard to find what I need to copy..
    we have 2 cars , and we drove down in mine.. I will ask to have mine payed off in the settlement..will also get both houses appraised to find out just what they are both worth.. and if he becomes a real jerk will ask for alimony in the terms of a monthly settlement as to not pay taxes...
    like the ol saying goes if momma aint happy, aint nobody happy
    and I think he knows we will be divorcing ,he just thinks are gonna go fairly in his favor.. he is acting like he hasn't done a blessed thing wrong :s
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Allie - I thought y'all were already home. Now it makes sense of you 'packing' and 'him leaving'. Probably would be a 'secretary' or one in a 'pool of them'. Someone he would work will fairly often, whatever his job description, she might be one, too. A 'surprise' visit right about the time he comes back to office [let you see who he went to lunch with], and have a 'good' excuse such as "I thought you might have meant to bring this to work with you ...?" You are getting 'wiser' and we all like to see that, under the circumstances.

Becca - This past weekend was nice; but, since Monday has been overcast.

******************************************************************************************

Thought you ladies would enjoy this. Carol sent it to me.

"Lexophile" is a word used to describe those that have a love for words, such as "you can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish", or "to write with a broken pencil is pointless."

.. When fish are in schools, they sometimes take debate.

.. A thief who stole a calendar got twelve months.

.. When the smog lifts in Los Angeles U.C.L.A.

.. The batteries were given out free of charge.

.. A dentist and a manicurist married. They fought tooth and nail.

.. A will is a dead giveaway.

.. With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.

.. A boiled egg is hard to beat.

.. When you've seen one shopping center you've seen a mall.

.. Police were summoned to a daycare center where a three-year-old was
    resisting a rest.

.. Did you hear about the fellow whose entire left side was cut off? He's
    all right now.

.. A bicycle can't stand alone; it's just two tired.

.. When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds.

.. The guy who fell onto an upholstery machine is now fully recovered.

.. He had a photographic memory which was never developed.

.. When she saw her first strands of grey hair she thought she'd dye.

.. Acupuncture is a jab well done. That's the point of it.

.. Those who get too big for their pants will be totally exposed in the
    end.

Hope all are having a 'good' "HUMP DAY" ... it's all down hill from now!

Lenora
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    My mom's funeral was really nice and all went well. All 5 children, spouses, grandchildren, and great grandchildren were there and the church was full. She looked very pretty. I was surprised when I saw the church and annex as it has changed so much since I was last there. This is the Baptist Church that I grew up in. When I was baptized at age 5, it was done in a little cement pool down in the woods - this is a small country church. Now they have an inside baptismal, stained glass windows, and modern acoustics. Neither of the preachers knew her but they did well. I did not lose it until we went out to the graveside and I saw the casket in place to be buried.

Enough said for me. I hope all of you who are going through difficult times with family and illness and work see a brighter days.

Carol
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,766 Member
    Options
    Carol~ never easy.. closure just the same.. so glad you had your family surrounding you... keeping you in my prayers xoxo
  • pipcd34
    Options
    I should b a beta tester for hear rate monitors.

Polar chest strap was not great

Fitbit charge 2 not great

Day one of apple I watch, close to wahoo, tons of features too!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Nice picture of you, DH, and grandkids. How short are you and how tall is he? There used to be a car dealership, somewhere over near the expressway, the owner was well over 6', the wife was maybe not quite 5'. Doesn't seem quite that much of a difference between you and DH. LOL!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    o:)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Allie - And "Karma is a B****, too!"
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Carol ... hugs ...

Well, spent the day in the ER with my DH. Turned out to be A-fib. It settled itself on its own and they sent us home with appointments for tomorrow with primary and a cardiologist. Change in meds is most likely cause as his blood pressure medications need titrated differently now that he doesn't have the sedative properties of the opiates. Serious wake up call to better health as well. His mother had problems with her irregular and racing heart rhythms.

We accused him of wanting attention because last week this time we had my older son in the ER for over 4 hours after he choked on his nighttime medications ... son's aide didn't mix crushed pills correctly, he choked on powder, then apparently refluxed some dinner that got stuck ... he could breathe but not drink/swallow. His other medical conditions made it more difficult to treat ... poor guy ....

All is well that ends well.

My fitbit did not have a party on my wrist tonight ... too much sitting in the ER. Ate wrong when I got home, but tomorrow is another day ... and DH will now be joining me in my endeavors ...

Have a good evening.
    Beth near Buffalo where a storm warning has been issued for the next couple of days ... oh joy ...
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Beth - I hope all turns out well for all of you. You've had a rough few weeks, it sounds like. Sitting in the ER for any length of time sort of 'suxs' ... worse if it is on a weekend night. I think my DH would rather have a lot of things done to him with pliers and hammers than to have to sit in the ER (whether he is the patient of the one waiting).

Prayers for you and your family.

Lenora