The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I watched "The Magic Pill" documentary this morning and am currently throwing out all of my processed food :)Anyone have thoughts on keto diet? And can one form cauliflower to look, taste, and feel like pasta...asking for a friend.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @Grammytryingtogetfit I love it. <3 Maybe that will be my dance later today. :D:*

@RandJ6280 you may be on to something. :p
  • LiveInLeggings
    LiveInLeggings Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    39 and planning to be in the best shape of my life by 40
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    Hey @mllncmpfan2000 .....we think that @Grammytryingtogetfit knows you all to well. lol

Maybe just a tiny bit.....LOL
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Aderlay wrote: »
    Good mornin' all... don't mind me limping around- Zumba kicked my butt last night. But slightly less than last week, and even lesser than the week before. =D

This is just AWESOME!!!!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Great day all ~ let's make it a great on.... yes Tony... but how will do this?
    Share a smile
    Open a door for someone
    pay it forward
    lend a hand
    Just be nice!

Always :):):)
  • maryehoustonauthor
    maryehoustonauthor Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I began this journey back in August. I have lost several pounds so far and have plateaued. I need some encouragement and motivation. I have spent the last 5 months hovering around the same weight. I am sick of it.

I will be 37 this summer and have been overweight most of my life. I was diagnosed borderline diabetic at age 7. I have 3 children and 3 step children. I am trying to get my weight under control so that I don't have to go on cholesterol medications for my birthday.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Hey @mllncmpfan2000 .....we think that @Grammytryingtogetfit knows you all to well. lol

Maybe just a tiny bit.....LOL

Okay, I'm working on my dance moves now. :D:D:D
  • Silkyjohnson210
    Silkyjohnson210 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How’s it going everybody!!! Trying to get in shape here in south Texas feel free to add this 38 yr old trapped in a 28 yr olds body lol
  • StepUpToTheChallenge
    StepUpToTheChallenge Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Love those dance moves.
    @Grammytryingtogetfit I love it. <3 Maybe that will be my dance later today. :D:*

@RandJ6280 you may be on to something. :p

• dblbbl88
    dblbbl88 Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Hump Day!!!
  • Craig_King_1967
    Craig_King_1967 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Busy day today but managed a 20 minute blast on the cross trainer before going home. I am very please with myself and my workrate so far. Looking to up it next week even to the point where a jog may enter into the routine !! :o:o
  • jtrain252
    jtrain252 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    hey everyone 30yr old here started at 350lobs 8 yrs ago got down to 250lbs and the last 2 years have been rough on me im back up to 330. Need some motivation and simple stuff to get my *kitten* motivated
  • Chesirekate
    Chesirekate Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    40 is rounding the corner. Giving myself the gift of health...would love if anyone could add me.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    dblbbl88 wrote: »
    Hump Day!!!
    ... ye sit is.. but you forgot the HAPPY part. lol

• JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    hello! 50's rock...:)
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    JustaJoe00 wrote: »
    hello! 50's rock...:)

YES WE DO!!!!!
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    stetienne wrote: »
    I watched "The Magic Pill" documentary this morning and am currently throwing out all of my processed food :)Anyone have thoughts on keto diet? And can one form cauliflower to look, taste, and feel like pasta...asking for a friend.

Not cauliflower, but zucchini makes great zoodles!
  • MattJM69
    MattJM69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As one of the joys of getting old, anyone in this group trying to get fit with AFIB?
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    stetienne wrote: »

Don't know about cauliflower pasta, but I make this cauliflower casserole sometimes. I have learned to portion some out for future lunches before I let the vultures in my house serve themselves. There are never any leftovers.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/loaded-cauliflower-casserole-3696425