The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• tshap40
    tshap40 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I suppose I'm a middle ager too, please add me :smiley:
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps....TGIF!
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Good morning! I’m supposed to be on my way to Spin, but on my phone instead. Decided on gym after work for a run and then chest, back and legs. Is hating leg day a universal truism? My gym has a cardio cinema. If they play the same movie today as yesterday, I’ll run in there so i can see the second half of the movie. Makes the TM more palatable. Carpe Diem!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Friday we all made it! All right let's get Friday done and get a workout in good luck all have a good day
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    Welcome to Friday we all made it! All right let's get Friday done and get a workout in good luck all have a good day

Thanks. Starting my Friday now. Heading off to the office for 7:30am.
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday to all Monday to Friday types.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Goodnight middle agers, have a good day and step closer to those goals :*
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!! Hope Everyone has a Wonderful Friday!!! To all the Momma's out there Happy Mother's Day Weekend :):)
  • dblbbl88
    dblbbl88 Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Friday!! Yay!! Get your weekend prowess on!!
  • StepUpToTheChallenge
    StepUpToTheChallenge Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ITS FRIDAY!!!!
  • BacktheBlue18
    BacktheBlue18 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi all...feel free to add me. I have no friends.
  • bmaw01
    bmaw01 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yo!
  • wjf42q
    wjf42q Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    pam2733 wrote: »
    I can't deny it any longer. I've gained weight. I lost more than 100 pounds about 15 years ago when I was in my mid-30s and managed to keep it off all this time. But it seems the minute I turned 50 last year, the weight started creeping back. This time it settled on my lower stomach and hips which is not where I typically would put on weight in the past. My pants don't fit and I feel sluggish and tired. No matter how much I exercise (and I've kept up a daily 30 minute 4 MPH treadmill routine since I lost weight the first time) or how much I tried to eat right, I've managed to gain 20 pounds in the last 8 months. So, here I am, back on the calorie counting/diet train. This time feels different, however. The issue is that I am a 5 foot tall, 50-year-old woman. My metabolism is non-existent. How am I supposed to lose weight and keep it off? I don't think I was eating that much when I was gaining weight. I've managed to lose 3.5 pounds in 5 weeks by eating less than 1200 net calories per day so I'm on the right track but I'm worried I won't be able to keep it off. Will I ever get to eat chocolate chip cookies again?

Pam, I would suggest a quick trip to the doctor. Your age is right for entering menopause, which can trigger thyroid issues. I am NOT saying that is what this is. I am saying there are many things it could be...thyroid, hormonal, metabolism changes due to slowing down from age/aches/pains, etc. Have a simple blood test and checkup to be sure.
    I have close to the same issue myself, and that is where I am headed within the next week. Better safe than sorry.
    Good luck to you.

• Deisler26
    Deisler26 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Saturday morning y'all!

I'm off to bed, but all of you have a great weekend! And congrats to the Caps for taking a 1-0 series lead against the Bolts
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning ! Lets all have a great Saturday!
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Good NJ rainy morning. Down .6 this week. Gym done for today. Big, fat Italian dinner in South Philly tonight...probably extra long gym visit tomorrow! Carpe Diem!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday all keep up the good work over the weekend
  • ReinaMaja
    ReinaMaja Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I cannot find an add button. I'm usually around feel free to me. About to be 47 because my oldest child of 5 is about to be 30. I'm aleays looking for inspiration.
  • bamamom02
    bamamom02 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked I'm here on the middle agers board in a few weeks, but I hope everyone is making progress towards their goals! I'm still trudging along (literally) and trying to keep myself motivated--so far so good!

Happy Saturday from Alabama, y'all! Have a great day!