Calorie Counter

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• TomAmreinTomAmrein Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
    TomAmrein wrote: »
    Hello! I am not new to MyFitnessPal, but I am 37 and have been on a weight loss journey since October of 2018. I have lost 93 lbs.

Fantastic!!! What's brought you here? More accountability to loose the last bit?
    I'm on the same trend. I'm down 55 and I am back to MFP for tracking and accountability. Need to really dial in these last 30-35 pounds

I am here to meet people with the same goals and just help anyone that may need some motivation or ideas for Low calorie dense high volume foods. I follow the be good most of the time rule.
    Hello! I am not new to MyFitnessPal, but I am 37 and have been on a weight loss journey since October of 2018. I have lost 93 lbs.

that's fantastic - welcome!

Thank you!

Wow, 93lbs.. thats fantastic 😀

Good morning Middle-agers.. well a glorious spring morning here and I'm off to enjoy it.. have a great day all :)

Thanks! I am very happy with the weight loss and how much better I feel.
    Good Morning all! Feel free to add me as a friend. :smiley:
  • kristingjertsenkristingjertsen Member Posts: 218 Member Member Posts: 218 Member
    Got a little off track yesterday. Made brownies. Not a good decision, so back on track today. Ate a healthy breakfast and going for a bike ride now. 2 steps forward, 3 steps back, but I will get back in the saddle and keep losing weight. I now fit in pants and jackets that I could not fit into since 5 years ago.
  • FutureFit2020FutureFit2020 Member Posts: 120 Member Member Posts: 120 Member
    @forestfreek whenever your posts come up I think you have a picture of Claudia Winkleman as your profile pic!

Had no clue who that even was so I had to google.
    Good gawd😣
    I can at least say I haven’t butchered my face with surgery.

No offence meant- I think she is beautiful in fact that is literally her job :) She's a model and a presenter and very famous in the UK. I suppose she probably has had work done recently. I think most TV people have!
    edited October 14
    Got a little off track yesterday. Made brownies. Not a good decision, so back on track today. Ate a healthy breakfast and going for a bike ride now. 2 steps forward, 3 steps back, but I will get back in the saddle and keep losing weight. I now fit in pants and jackets that I could not fit into since 5 years ago.

Congratulations on your weight-loss. You have to feed the cravings otherwise you will binge over and over or at least that is how I am. I am meticulous about tracking everything and keeping my calories in check, but I also indulge. I have indulged quite a bit over the past week. But everyday is a new day and you will get back on track as will I. :smiley:
  • LunaTheFatCatLunaTheFatCat Member Posts: 175 Member Member Posts: 175 Member
    @forestfreek whenever your posts come up I think you have a picture of Claudia Winkleman as your profile pic!

Good gawd😣

:D:D:D

Well she has shiny hair and no dandruff.

She's also famous for her fake tan.
  • forestfreekforestfreek Member Posts: 5,388 Member Member Posts: 5,388 Member

Good gawd😣

:D:D:D

Well she has shiny hair and no dandruff.

She's also famous for her fake tan.

I’ll take the shiny hair and no dandruff part 😂

• AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 36,288 Member Member Posts: 36,288 Member

Good gawd😣

No offence meant- I think she is beautiful in fact that is literally her job :) She's a model and a presenter and very famous in the UK. I suppose she probably has had work done recently. I think most TV people have!

I know someone who is on tv and often when is we her she looks slightly different. Isn't it too bad they feel they have to get work done
    Why is it I keep turning off my fitness tracker when I shove it into my pocket? So I always end up with weird tracking.

Happy middle of the weekend middle agers
  • cnb124cnb124 Member Posts: 36 Member Member Posts: 36 Member
    Hello. I'm unfortunately considered middle aged and need all the friends I can get. Please add me.
  • coffee_n_weightscoffee_n_weights Member Posts: 72 Member Member Posts: 72 Member
    Happy Wednesday folks! A little behind here - I see I've missed shiny hair and brownies - both sound good.

And - today is always a new day to get on track, start tracking, and take a step towards your goals.
  • balanc41balanc41 Member Posts: 1,509 Member Member Posts: 1,509 Member
    Good afternoon all you sexy middle agers! I hope today has been a good one
  • teristwinteristwin Member Posts: 10 Member Member Posts: 10 Member
    HI Everyone! I've been on this app for a long time. I roller coaster all the time. I am ready to make a final change in my health and my live. I turn 50 in June and I am determined to be at the best I can be. Fell free to friend me.
    Happy Friday's Eve! Nearly there.

Moooore restrictions here in Ireland, no visits allowed anymore. I was supposed to see a friend tomorrow night for wine and chats, but that's off now. Can this covid malarkey just eff off now please!
  • IslandGal3IslandGal3 Member Posts: 401 Member Member Posts: 401 Member

Treats are ok. We just get right back on track. It's a great feeling to get back in those old clothes. Congrats!
  • FutureFit2020FutureFit2020 Member Posts: 120 Member Member Posts: 120 Member

Moooore restrictions here in Ireland, no visits allowed anymore. I was supposed to see a friend tomorrow night for wine and chats, but that's off now. Can this covid malarkey just eff off now please!

Having my daughter's friend over tomorrow. His mother is pleased as they can't have anyone over as they are already 6 people in their family.

Trying not to think too hard about the government logic that says it's safer for her son to come to my house but not for my daughter to go to his. (rule of 6 in England)

Happy baby Friday!

We were asked to not have people over. There's three regions in our province that have partial restrictions. I am watching on the news people are going from my area which is restricted to the neighbouring non restricted area to use gyms and restaurants.

The first lockdown worked here let's get this one done and over with is my opinion. I'm now unable again to visit my mother, i don't think curling will be starting since you have more than 10 people gathering inside. Hopefully it gets cold soon and they open he outdoor rinks soon.
    No curling or skating here! We don't even have a rink. Although we do have the pop up ones around Christmas normally.

Our gyms are still open, however it's for individual training only. So all classes are suspended (and that's what I went for) but they still can have lots of "loose" people training. Makes no sense to me (just like your rule of 6 FutureFit).

We were allowed to have visitors from one household but even that's gone now. But you're right, we got to do what we got to do right.