WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    Did an hour on the recumbant bike today. The plan for tomorrow is to do one segment of 10 Minute Solution Slim and Trim Pilates DVD, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

litehouse - welcome! Fantastic weight loss, especially over the holidays

Did a load of laundry yesterday because I got a stain on the pants that I want to wear today and tomorrow. Went to the church to pick up the donations for the Corner Table. I'd really like to do it on Saturday, but she didn't have anyone on Sunday so I told her that for the 3 or 4 times a year, I'll go to the church. I don't want to make a commitment to go every week so that's why I'm not telling the lady who makes up the schedule for the Eucharistic Ministers and Lectors to switch me. As expected, there weren't any donations. That's probably because last week when the priest reminded everyone there wasn't anyone in the church, we'd had snow which turned to ice.

KJ - those pics of the shower look really really nice. I especially liked the favors. What did you use for the "diapers", just cut material?

Chris - so proud of you with you coworkers. You go girl! What great advice

gotu - great improvement! How do you gauge your calories burned?

Marcelyn - congrats!!!! You certainly deserved that medal

Well, we got more Christmas items put away, I got most of the non-Hallmark ornaments off the tree. Vince likes to keep the Hallmark ornaments in their boxes. In many ways, he's very OCD so I just stay out of his way.

Michele in NC
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Barbie, belated Happy Anniversary. Glad the two of you did what makes you happy.

Rori, Belated Happy Birthday. I fear many of us are facing dementia and/or Alzheimer’s in our DH’s. It’s very scary. Happy Anniversary to you as well.

Cheri, I hope you have a wonderful time in Disney. But who wouldn’t??

Penny, sending healing thoughts your way and wishing you a speedy recovery. (((Hugs)))

Lanette, I wish I didn’t care for meat as much as I did years ago. Unfortunately I still “love” it.

Mia, what a great gift. Wonderful work, too. Keep up the sharing with us.

Heather wrote, “PS - I sometimes think this thread is like a really wonderful psychotherapy group. We each react in the way we tend to do in life and by observing that we can learn such a lot from each other. Thank you.” I totally agree!!!

Katla, I hope it warms up for you so you can ride again.

Allie, sending love and support for you. The others have given good advice and I know you are taking it all in. ((((Hugs))))

Kate, congrats on getting rid of the holiday pounds. I’m working on it, slowly but surely.

Kelly, everything looks great for the shower!!!

Sorry I’m still not caught up but doing my best. Tomorrow the movers come to load my friend’s things. Today we finally decided not to try to rent her house as it would cost too much money to get it ready. It badly needs all new flooring. I’m so relieved as this means I can see the end in sight. Also I got a call today on her Golf Cart and think I have a buyer for it. It’s parked in my garage and I’d love to get it out of there. Keep your fingers crossed. The movers can be there as early as 7 am so I have to get to bed early.
    pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.
    I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    No workout today, at least no gym workout. Will hit it tomorrow
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

So been MIA but just because we have had some non-rain days and some sun, so I have been fitting 2 weeks of gardening into just 4 days… I’m exhausted. I usually garden 3-4 hours at a stretch that is just as much as my body can take, but for 3 days I have done 5-7 hour days, every where is tired. And today while it was dry it was under 55 degrees all day and by the end of the day I was bone cold…so warming up slowly –

I read or scanned all the comments, but no way can I respond –

Loved all the pictures
    Loved all the comics
    Love teaching the parrot to bark….
    love the glittery nails…

Vacation Nerves… sorry to hear you are dealing with it but love the planning making it better… Take care, have fun, enjoy

Katla – sorry to hear about delayed eye surgery and the wait and see mode…I’m also a one at a time dog owner… I have always (before Levi) gotten older rescues, my oldest was 10 when she moved in and 14 when she passed…and they seem to all have had some special needs/issues that I was better able to provide for one at a time.

Allie – 401K, house in fl, house in CT, and isn’t there a property in FL too? Don’t forget that - and if there is any debt other than the mortgages be sure that is discussed. Also consider having someone do a public records search in FL and CT to make sure there is not other property that he owns without you… I just don’t trust him. You probably should also discuss custody of the dogs… I know you both love them, also who is responsible for the vet bills. I think the idea of living with Dad for as long as you can a great one, you can invest the money from the sale of all, and then when you retire decide where you want to live. CT doesn’t sound like your happy place..

January Goals:
    Write Christmas letter, and have all cards ready to send by Dec1…this was for nov. but still working on it. Jan. still working on this….**** GET THIS DONE*******
    Read and report on a book –
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday –
    Work on water consumption –
    Lunch with Kyle -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    hello everyone, not on much these days. Reading posts and all of you are handling life, and getting things done. Good on ya! Not to be whining but just haven't had much energy these days. Got my period, after a night of waking up and the room spinning. I think I just have a kink in my neck and lying down was doing something weird. I don't think my period had anything to do with it per say. I haven't had my period since June 2016, so it was a surprise! So light though, its not worth worrying about. I am what you term pre-mentalpausal they say. Yep that is me alright!
    Becca
    Bonkers at the beach in
    Oregon
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn - You are my hero! To go from painful shoulder surgery to rocking a medal in so short a time is almost Superwoman power!! Sleep well and give that medal a big ole sloppy kiss before you close your eyes.

Charleen in Colorado
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Up too late. Enjoying all the news.

Marcelyn - Way to go!

Cary - Are your eyes still bothering you a lot?

KJ - cute shower. Love the literature theme!

Lisa - Are you the one who did the beautiful quilt wrapped around the even more lovely daughter? It was gorgeous!

I believe I have recovered from the 500 people we had in our Y for the b-ball games yesterday. Thank goodness I have next Saturday off! Thinking of all of you as I go night, night!

Toni in too warm Tennessee
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: I read while riding my recumbent bike, but I haven't tried knitting. I might try an audiobook & knitting while riding. Thanks for a great idea. :bigsmile:

Pip: I remember your broken shoulder. I was so impressed with how you handled the whole thing. You triumphed over it. You go, girl! :star:

Heather: I hope you and your DH enjoy your travels. :smiley:

Becca: Stop by when you can. You're always full of things that make me think and often make me smile. :flowerforyou:

We have snow on the ground right now but it is warming up. That might turn out to be exciting for some people if it melts off too fast. I hope it warms slowly enough to avoid serious flooding.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    pip - is everything ok. No gym for you????

Kim - LOL STILL working on those Christmas cards, huh? LOL

Becca - how I hated when I went a couple of months without my period and then got it! that frustrated me to no end. I couldn't wait for the end to come. But it did (thank goodness)

Karen in VA - beautiful gd!

Just can't sleep, so here I am. Going to try going to bed again, hope it works.

Michele in NC
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    I was asleep before 6 pm last night. the last 2 days I have been helping my daughter move stuff out of my dads house , to there new house... Kyle was working both days, so Tracy who weighs 100 lbs soaking wet, was packing and I was helping haul stuff from upstairs at my dads ,into my car, and then into there house.. I am out of shape..so the last couple of days I have ended up taking 3 tylenol and going to bed..
    watching Faith thursday through sunday, but working Saterday and have a dinner party friday that I cant miss.. so I dont now how that will work..
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Morning everyone, slept very well last night which is always a blessing albeit, rare. Ok a weird thing just happened. I tried to bold everyone's first name and that entire part of my post did not appear. Any suggestions. So I will repost but no bold this time:

Christy: have a great time with your boys
    Michele: my treadmill tracks calories and I use videos that offer a range so I always choose the lowest or I use MFP and make the best choice
    Heather: love your way of thinking. I am choosing to be very deliberate with a positive attitude as well
    Cheri: wishing you a magical time
    Marcelynn:.Amazing, congrats