WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    gotu52 - One of the reasons some of us open up a word processing program (some us up put the side by side; although where you would usually 'expand' a page; there are 2 pages in the icon. Sometimes I find it easier to expand each, then minimize it so it is easier to read and I don't have to use the side-to-side scroll bar. IF you go back a page without saving (posting or post reply, you will 'lose' what you have typed in the 'pale yellow box'. If you want to edit a post, there is a 'gear' that will appear in the upper right-hand corner of the same post; but, honestly, you would be better off posting it and then posting a 2nd one; because there are all of us that might be posting at the same time and the MFP community will stick in whatever page that will hold you post and it might be carried over several posts. When you do post, I find it best to make sure I am at the end of the postings; but, you don't really have ... it will automatically put it at the end. But, then you might miss a few posting because it will only take you back to your 'last' posting. I generally read the last 5; unless I can tell that my post really is/was the last one posted. The other icons across the top are pretty well self-explanatory when you roll your mouse over them. To post a picture you would go the the page with the upper right-hand corner turned down. I haven't posted a picture lately, so I can't tell you how; but, I do know it will ask you to ''browse' for the picture. I'm sure that Pip or Heather or anyone who has posted a picture can take you to the end of these directions. The icon that has a link to it is probably what Barbiecat uses to post the 'link' to the next page. Other than that I don't know how to use it. The face will give you some emoticons; but, not nearly the ones that you'd find on a 'private message ('PM'). When we put a D in from of other initials it can mean "dear", 'damn" or 'dumb" or 'dingaling', or any other adjective that start with a 'de' to describe what or who you are talking about. You can pretty well tell which one they are using based on their posts. Some use their names of family members, some don't. We ask for the 'newbies' to sign their posts with what they prefer to be 'called'. It help us in identifying which person is posting. If you have a fairly common name; I'm going to use "Karen" as an example; we have at least 3 of them on site; so either name where you live or make up something that will let us know which one we are responding. We like to have so information about you such as - where you live (specifically or generally), married or not, family , hobbies, goals, where you are in that goal, and question or answers or {{{{{HUGS}}}}}. We are a very 'chatty' group; so it is best (if you can) to check here because it does not take long for you to end up having 80 or more posts since the last time you posted. We 'try' not to discuss 'politics' or 'religious ideologies' ... because of others living I other countries. If you must discuss them with another do it in a 'private message' so that the person is the only one seeing it. If you get a PM, do NOT post it on the thread. Watch what type of pictures you post, and, think 'would this upset someone, or make them angry or piss them off. Some people get off and others get back on ... rather than making others feel like they must take sides, there is a way to 'block them'. It's easy and it works; but, if you want to know how - I would suggest that maybe you contact Rita (Kevrit) since she was the one who posted the instructions.

We might not all agree with things that get posted; but, we all have become relatively friends ... even if we live in other countries. Some of us can be very 'vocal' and if you want to PM them, then you have to make a 'friend request' ... if you click on 'find friends' ... then in the last box it will ask you for their User Name, or if you know their name you can type that in ... in the boxes before that.

We vent, rant, or rave about things and we give suggestions and what has worked for us.

Lenora
    GRITSandSLUTS
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    <3
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Kate UK - Are you still on that site of Women 55-65? Maybe I am too old for it since I will be 66 in March.
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    Kate UK - Are you still on that site of Women 55-65? Maybe I am too old for it since I will be 66 in March.
    Yes I still read any new posts and sometimes post
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    As you know I'm 71 but don't think anyone minds nobody has said anything but who knows
  • bonsallduck
    bonsallduck Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi how do I join this group? I've re-started MFP after the Christmas celebrations. Got to get myself back in the mind set of MFP.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,048 Member
    Options
    (((Rita)))
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Kay ~ How wonderful for you...Yeah!
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! Happy Monday! Seems appropriate that I am just posting and the day is half over. I never wanted an extra day added to the weekend, more than I did this morning! Yeesh! Getting out of bed was a horror! Took my daughter to the airport to catch her flight, and it was delayed twice due to tornadoes (hope you Texas ladies are all safe!). She finally boarded and left at about 10pm; I got home at 11:00 and then couldn't get to sleep because I was so worried about her trip. I am not a worrier (I leave that to my DH); but she was so worked up with the delays. She is a well seasoned traveler; having been to many countries and spent LOTS of time on planes and in airports. Maybe it is the extra hormones of prenatal vitamins or pregnancy that was making her anxious and weepy. Anyway...doesn't help a mom sleep when her daughter calls and says "well, I am sitting here on the plane and I just wanted to tell you that I love you, in case something happens..." GAH! Anyway, she made it safely. Her DH was waiting to pick her up at DFW and they made it home to Chappie the Wonder Dog in one piece. Meantime, I groggily make my way through the day... :/
    Michele- the diapers for the Muddy Buddies shower treats were simply a folded napkin. Fold it into a triangle and pull the three corners in and pin them together. They held about 1/3 cup of snack. I cut out a piece of poster board to look like a toilet seat and taped it to the rim of my French White oval casserole dish. Easy stuff. All on pinterest.
    bonsallduck-Welcome! By posting your intent and willingness to join...you have joined! Yea, YOU! Please let us know a little about your self and where you are from. As specific or non-specific as you want. Please sign with what you would like us to call you. Glad to have you! Great group of ladies!
    Pip- OUCH! That looks so painful! When did that happen? And I missed something...why are we bouncing quarters off Kirby's butt?
    Rita- Hugs to you! I hope you can work your way out of the depression. I know it is hard. WE are here with you and for you! How wonderful that your family is calling you!
    Katie Whoot! Whoot! One measly little pound away! You are an inspiration! Go girl! <3
    Sherry Hey now! B) How are you?
    Heather- Hmmm...interesting that your back pain is returning as you begin to feel the pre-travel anxiety...think there could be a link? Well, for whatever reason your back is hurting; I hope it goes away soon, so you can enjoy your vacay!
    Lenora- I dream of dressing as a witch for Halloween one year. But the babies get too scared. One of the babies that I have this year, cried when she saw me in a baseball hat. I went as a baseball player because I figured it was a safe and easy costume. Nope. She is not used to seeing me with a hat and she made sure I knew she was not amused. :p

Well, I am glad DD got on her way last night and made it safe through the weather. It has rained all day today, and now it is ICY! Have to go put down some salt so my parents don't go slippin and slidin away when they come to pick up their kids! ttfn
    KJ (Kelly)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Just popping in to say that I officially weigh less than I have since my children were in middle school. They are in their late 30s. Less than one lb away from "overweight" as opposed to "obese".

WOW WOW WOW How very exciting and what a tremendous accomplishment. We know how hard you have worked and the pay off is great. Good job!!

Janetrr OKC
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,833 Member
    Options
    :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,048 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug Congratulations!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
    Exermom - I know right? Had stuff to do, just didn't end up getting to the gym. Laundry and other stuff to do.

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    yay Dr. Katiebug, that is awesome!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Katla y am I bouncing a quarter or dime off of kirbys *kitten*???? Cuz I can ! It's nice and firm!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I had my physical therapy evaluation today. What he did was did some testing to see what my endurance was, what hurt me and what didn't. He set me up with 2 exercises to do every 2-3 hours. Since I don't do to well getting up and off of the floor he said to just put my sleep number at 100. The 2 are to lie on my stomach and rise up on my elbows and stay there for about 5 minutes. The other was also to lie on my stomach and keeping my waist down on the bed, just do press ups from waist on up using my arms. He said they do have a TENS there and he may put that in the program. But this TENS I have I put on level 15 and it is INTENSE. Maybe I don't know what intense is though. I will go twice a week. So far all he has scheduled is 2 weeks then evaluate whether it is doing any good. I always have to laugh when I fill out the intake forms and it gives two short lines for medicines. I take 22 prescription meds and 8 over the counter. I just give them my list and they copy it. I felt sorry for the guy at the window. He asked for drivers license and insurance card. So I put them on the little ledge and they fell between the wall and the desk. And it was one of those big more than L shaped desk that he had to move to get!

Joyce, Indiana
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yeah it worked. Thanks

Had a good day. Monday's I work with a trainer so she kills me which I appreciate!