Is this offending?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Lol, I wouldn't be offended. I go on eating if they tasted good. But that's me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    I would take my gift back, imply that it was very expensive, and demand the rest of the plate for it.

I got them two 50 dollar gift cards. After such incident, decided to take out one of the cards.

:smile:

I have to tell you something important: never take advice from me.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    40 ish guests. 30 puffs. You had about 5 but that's all you've had at this party.
    Poor people should not host parties.

That's a very classist statement. Very jerk move considering you are "so against the caste sytem," yet here you are telling poor people they can't have social events. Not cool dude.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    rml_16 wrote: »
    The host should have bought more cream puffs. I'm Italian and Jewish and it's in my blood to overdo food. But I find most people don't have enough. If you know you're going to have 40 guests, you buy (or make) enough for everyone plus extra. It's ridiculous to think people will only eat one cream puff ...
    At every party my family and friends have, we make enough for people to TAKE HOME. Talk about over cooking.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    rml_16 wrote: »
    The host should have bought more cream puffs. I'm Italian and Jewish and it's in my blood to overdo food. But I find most people don't have enough. If you know you're going to have 40 guests, you buy (or make) enough for everyone plus extra. It's ridiculous to think people will only eat one cream puff ...
    At every party my family and friends have, we make enough for people to TAKE HOME. Talk about over cooking.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Haha. That sounds like one of my parties. I am bagging stuff up for everyone to take home cuz I over plan and don't want to eat that stuff for the next month.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    40 ish guests. 30 puffs. You had about 5 but that's all you've had at this party.
    Poor people should not host parties.

We can host parties but we make sure to have enough plastic spoons in the can of porknbeans. Geez, we know how to be classy even if we're poor, Mr. Fancypants.
    That was a soundbite statement, not something I would mean to heart ;)

But seriously, some people are so tacky they invite me to a party and they say - well, we bought pizzas and soda. And I stand there like what the fudge.... I don't eat that *kitten* at a party.

Well, I was going to invite you to my pizza party with @littlemissbgiff. Both of us ;ladies were going to be nood. And I was going to let you record the twister game. Damn.

I have been very nice today
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Cutaway hands out iPhone to his guests. That's hard to top

To fix wobbly tables or something?
  • sandiikat
    sandiikat Posts: 104 Member
    I don't think it's rude but I think that's tacky imo. If you're going to have a party then make sure you have everything you need & if you don't invite less people.