Is this offending?

Options

Replies

• PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    This seems to be a really petty thing to be offended about. Someone invited you to a birthday party to share a moment with you and they felt that you were close enough to be part of it. Perhaps more people showed up than expected. Maybe the host had something important come up and couldn't run to the store to get extra cream puffs and was trying to make the most of what they had. Maybe they are poor planners and figured that cream puffs wouldn't be that popular. Usually when I go to a party that someone has invited me to, it's to spend time with those people. It is an added bonus when they provide food and drinks.

Maybe they shouldn't throw a party if they can't plan. People don't unexpectedly show up at a party. She invited them and they confirmed. Did I really need to waste 50 bucks on a gift to be told not to eat cream puffs? To me this woman just throws these *kitten* parties to get gifts while spending the least. That's what it sounds like to me.

Wow. I can't even. Was the bday party for her or one of her kids?

Herself. She's 60.
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Where was the birthday cake and ice cream?

There was no ice cream. There was a bday cake. She cut small pieces for everyone and put the rest in the fridge before anyone can ask for a second piece
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's not about you. Whoever threw the shower didn't put much into it. They probably noticed very quickly and were self conscious about it.

was still a pretty rude way to handle the situation. Probably should have just let it roll and just run out of creampuffs.

You are talking about people who decided it was ok to invite 40 people over, serve tea, chips and cream puffs. And not enough of any of them. And expected gifts.

So. Yeah. Fine manners were not on display to begin with.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Where was the birthday cake and ice cream?

There was no ice cream. There was a bday cake. She cut small pieces for everyone and put the rest in the fridge before anyone can ask for a second piece

Birthday cake hoarder, this tells the whole story!
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I would've been like, "Only 30 eclairs in this joint?!!! Kitten, haven't you heard of Costco?"

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I would've been like, "Only 30 eclairs in this joint?!!! Kitten, haven't you heard of Costco?"

Someone could have offered to go on a "creampuff run", surely?