Replies

• nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    Who serves cream puffs at a shower??? And who tells someone NOT to eat?? There is always food left over!! I hate baby showers and bridal crap and I'm married and have kids! Sorry but I am offended she said THAT to you! I doubt very much u ate the whole plate and even if u did I would THANK you for eating! Whoever this person is she FLUNKED good hostessing 101..wow..am beyond stunned she said that..hello food..eaten..#worsthostessever!

Relax hun, this was a bday party.

Ugh. Hate people who tell me to relax. .rude is rude.and. .hun really. .leave this stuff for fb k

Relax I was kidding. You're obviously new here. You gotta roll with the punches. Or not, do whatever you want. I'll ignore you going forward. And you'll hate that because I'm fabulous, ask anyone. B)

I wasn't though. She needs to relax.

UGH. Just leave thatshit for FB.

sorry hun

Relax k

<3

Nobody *kitten* with @J_Surita3 ! She's my *kitten* girl!!!!

Ok I'm relaxing now.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Oops...
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Id request a doggie bag just to piss them off :p
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    People are so weird. I would have said no problem, then said loudly...."everybody I licked all the creampuffs...DIBS"

<3
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Cheetos
    Chips
    40 cream puffs
    Tea
    Water

That is not a birthday party. It's what we call a money swindling ponzi scheme. A 75$ party and gifts valued at at least 500$ considering your gift alone was close to 100 bucks.

I have zero respect for people who throw parties expecting gifts and investing very little.

It was the cheapest party I've ever been to.
    Are you all in grad school?

Or is the hostess a person with a job and family??

That really is a sad party. How old is the hostess?

It was a family party. The hostess was turning 60. Has a husband and 2 daughters.

I bet they didn't even hire a dj to perform and probably made you park down the street and walk because there was no valet.

*kitten* old people

did they have plastic over the sofas? Were they wearing polyester suits?

Nope. But they did have people sit in the garage in the cold since they didn't have enough soace for 40 people.
    This thread has been rampaged by comments which don't empathize with you.

Being asked to eat less at a party is very insulting and the trauma lasts a long time.

When I was 8, there was a big family party and my family is one with lots of cousins. This other cousin was 8 as well, our mothers are sisters. At a family party, we were eating and the other aunt (another of mom's sisters) and the hostess, she flatly told us she cannot give more of a certain pastry as there wasn't enough left and both of us were ashamed.

Hours later were were playing in the house and we ran into the kitchen and our other cousin (the hostess' son) and older boy was eating a bowl full of the same pastries our aunt refused to give us.

It left a mark and that is the first thing I remember of my aunt when I think of her today.

You didn't deserve it. You should actually have told the host to eff off. It's a sad party. They should just have gone to the Japanese buffet by themselves and not had any party at all.

I do agree the lady shouldn't have said anything and just let the cream puffs run out. You were 8 when that happened to you. She is 22. BIG difference.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    I'd be embarrassed not offended.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Cheetos
    Chips
    40 cream puffs
    Tea
    Water

That is not a birthday party. It's what we call a money swindling ponzi scheme. A 75$ party and gifts valued at at least 500$ considering your gift alone was close to 100 bucks.

I have zero respect for people who throw parties expecting gifts and investing very little.

It was a family party. The hostess was turning 60. Has a husband and 2 daughters.

I bet they didn't even hire a dj to perform and probably made you park down the street and walk because there was no valet.

*kitten* old people

Nope. But they did have people sit in the garage in the cold since they didn't have enough soace for 40 people.

Being asked to eat less at a party is very insulting and the trauma lasts a long time.

When I was 8, there was a big family party and my family is one with lots of cousins. This other cousin was 8 as well, our mothers are sisters. At a family party, we were eating and the other aunt (another of mom's sisters) and the hostess, she flatly told us she cannot give more of a certain pastry as there wasn't enough left and both of us were ashamed.

Hours later were were playing in the house and we ran into the kitchen and our other cousin (the hostess' son) and older boy was eating a bowl full of the same pastries our aunt refused to give us.

It left a mark and that is the first thing I remember of my aunt when I think of her today.

You didn't deserve it. You should actually have told the host to eff off. It's a sad party. They should just have gone to the Japanese buffet by themselves and not had any party at all.

But how would they get gifts if they did that?
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    shade\
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Should have grabbed the plate and walked out..

This ..... plus a birdie. >:)
  • phoenix74162
    phoenix74162 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This is the most entertaining thing I've read in a while. Not sure what that says about me though. What the *kitten* is up with using *kitten*. Is it a place holder for all words? Always just used it in place of *kitten*.
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Cheetos
    Chips
    40 cream puffs
    Tea
    Water

*kitten* old people

It's not the first time I've experienced this from this family. They do stuff like this all the time. They come to our parties and eat lot. Plates of food. And at the end of the night, they'd tell my mom the food was terrible and disgusting. I feel that they just enjoy being rude.
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    @PersianKitty94
    Were they Indian? :p

Just asking to confirm my suspicions. For ethnic science.

Persians. I'm persian myself.
  • Just_J_Now
    Options
    Cheetos
    Chips
    40 cream puffs
    Tea
    Water

*kitten* old people

It's not the first time I've experienced this from this family. They do stuff like this all the time. They come to our parties and eat lot. Plates of food. And at the end of the night, they'd tell my mom the food was terrible and disgusting. I feel that they just enjoy being rude.

Why do you even bother going to their lame a ss parties anyway? Or inviting them to yours?
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    There needs to be more info:

What were the other food selections?

Cheetohs and chips

did everyone only get one chip?

OMG was there any double dipping going on???

Would you be offended if you were told do not double dip your chip?

Long before the Seinfeld episode a guy in my office explained to me the reasons why I should not double dip a carrot stick. LoL

• Just_J_Now
    Options
    This is the most entertaining thing I've read in a while. Not sure what that says about me though. What the *kitten* is up with using *kitten*. Is it a place holder for all words? Always just used it in place of *kitten*.

Kitten is a filler word for people with potty mouths. I wouldn't know anything about that though. o:)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    No one asked the important question here...where the cream puffs good or just the cheap ready whip kind?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    No one asked the important question here...where the cream puffs good or just the cheap ready whip kind?

I am guessing since they had to sit in the cold garage with out a dj, they were the cheap ones.