Is this offending?

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »

Not sure how "scientific" that is. I think they are talking about empty square footage. According to that calculator, I should be hosting several hundred people in my 1400 square foot house. Right. It'll be standing room only - and very, VERY cozy - intimate, in fact. But it doesn't take into account that there is actual furniture in my home, too. It's not just an empty warehouse ready to be crammed full of bodies. LOL. And...half the space is bedrooms and baths. :D

Guests aren't allowed in bedrooms. I mean if you want to find a way to not make it work that's fine. I only help can-doers!

I need reasons NOT to party.
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    I would have just been happy to have been invited to the party to begin with.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    I'd be embarrassed not offended.

why not both !?

$hitty Parties... the gift that keeps on giving
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    No one asked the important question here...where the cream puffs good or just the cheap ready whip kind?

I like the Redi Whip kind. Those are the cream puffs favored by Anglo Saxons. I respect their ways and personally, I think they're all doing us all a favor by not changing the recipe to cream puffs with cream cheese in them, which would be reminiscent of the Italian sfogliatella and really quite revolting. Redi Whip cream puffs are so light and cloud fluffy, they just melt in the mouth and trays and trays of them can be eaten individually by a single person.

I'm assuming that since this was a Persian cream puff party, the filling was hearty and custardy, reminiscent of the French Éclair and oozing with traditional goodness and artisan quality, as Mediterranean inspired lands take pastry very seriously. As evidenced in this thread.

And now I want a cream puff. Thanks mfp. :/
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    No one asked the important question here...where the cream puffs good or just the cheap ready whip kind?

I like the Redi Whip kind. Those are the cream puffs favored by Anglo Saxons. I respect their ways and personally, I think they're all doing us all a favor by not changing the recipe to cream puffs with cream cheese in them, which would be reminiscent of the Italian sfogliatella and really quite revolting. Redi Whip cream puffs are so light and cloud fluffy, they just melt in the mouth and trays and trays of them can be eaten individually by a single person.

I'm assuming that since this was a Persian cream puff party, the filling was hearty and custardy, reminiscent of the French Éclair and oozing with traditional goodness and artisan quality, as Mediterranean inspired lands take pastry very seriously. As evidenced in this thread.

It was plain store bought cream puffs.
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I would have just been happy to have been invited to the party to begin with.

Don't be so quick to say that...

I hate it when people invite me to dull parties. And then they get pissy bc I head out early.

Yo, life is short. Make your party more fun or peace.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    MadMaxV8 wrote: »
    You get invited to a bday party. You're just eating a few cream puffs and just enjoying yourself. Then the party host comes to you and tells you to eat less so others can have some of the cream puffs also. Would you be offended?

Was it on top of the trash?

eclair.jpg

Max...that's an eclair.
  • PersianKitty94
    Options

I am pretty sure the host got it from the nearest 7-11

Their cream puffs are cheap ;)

Are they really? They sell cream puffs? I want some
  • PersianKitty94
    Options

I am pretty sure the host got it from the nearest 7-11

Their cream puffs are cheap ;)

Are they really? They sell cream puffs? I want some
    Some do and some don't. I found a 7-11 in Brooklyn that sold it. Given that you are Persian, are you in LI? They must have one that sells them.

I'm from Las Vegas, NV. I've never seen them at 7/11.
  • PersianKitty94
    Options
    Why do I assume all Persians are in Long Island :s

Dunno. Never heard of persians being in LI. Mainly in Washington, California, and Nevada.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I went to a birthday party last night. It had cake and ice cream and enough to eat. I was very unhappy.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I went to a birthday party last night. It had cake and ice cream and enough to eat. I was very unhappy.

Did you take your gift back?
  • PersianKitty94
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    You get invited to a bday party. You're just eating a few cream puffs and just enjoying yourself. Then the party host comes to you and tells you to eat less so others can have some of the cream puffs also. Would you be offended?
    40 ish guests. 30 puffs. You had about 5 but that's all you've had at this party.

You can clearly see there are not enough cream puffs for all of the guests to have one. You proceed to eat 5 regardless and are planning to eat more. Host asks you to stop before you polish off all 30. Embarrasing but mostly because you were hogging the cream puffs. Not offensive. If there had been 800 cream puffs then it would have been actually offensive to ask you to reign in your consumption.

The hosts should have provided enough food for everyone to have 1 of everything but they didn't. Possibly they figured most people would eat cake which there was enough of. Maybe they are poor. Maybe they are just cheap. Doesn't matter much.
    As a guest if there clearly isn't enough food for everyone then it is polite to eat less rather than more.

So as an invited guest, I was suppose to eat 1 cream puff and call it a day. Why have a party and invite people over when you can't afford to throw a party anyway? If a host puts the food out and says " enjoy", eating 1 puff does not sound satisfactory. If they can't afford to put out atleast 2. Cream puffs per person, they should have just ommited the cream puffs and maybe put out something less costly like potatos for everyone to enjoy.
  • PersianKitty94
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    40 ish guests. 30 puffs. You had about 5 but that's all you've had at this party.

You can clearly see there are not enough cream puffs for all of the guests to have one. You proceed to eat 5 regardless and are planning to eat more. Host asks you to stop before you polish off all 30. Embarrasing but mostly because you were hogging the cream puffs. Not offensive. If there had been 800 cream puffs then it would have been actually offensive to ask you to reign in your consumption.

The hosts should have provided enough food for everyone to have 1 of everything but they didn't. Possibly they figured most people would eat cake which there was enough of. Maybe they are poor. Maybe they are just cheap. Doesn't matter much.
    As a guest if there clearly isn't enough food for everyone then it is polite to eat less rather than more.

Also, if they couldn't afford more than 1 cream puffs per person, maybe they should have invited fewer people. They prob spend 10 bucks on cream puffs and pulled in about 500 dollars worth of gifts.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    Are you still cream puffin . This is sparta persian kitty . Now back off the cream puffs hahaha
  • PersianKitty94
    Options
    finny11122 wrote: »
    Are you still cream puffin . This is sparta persian kitty . Now back off the cream puffs hahaha

Cream puffs are life. Never have I known anyone not like them.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's going on in this thread but I love cream puffs and also Wine.