Is this offending?

Options

Replies

• tracykreczmer
    tracykreczmer Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Who serves cream puffs at a shower??? And who tells someone NOT to eat?? There is always food left over!! I hate baby showers and bridal crap and I'm married and have kids! Sorry but I am offended she said THAT to you! I doubt very much u ate the whole plate and even if u did I would THANK you for eating! Whoever this person is she FLUNKED good hostessing 101..wow..am beyond stunned she said that..hello food..eaten..#worsthostessever!
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    There needs to be more info:

What were the other food selections?

Cheetohs and chips

So she hosts a party and the menu is cheetohs, chips and cream puffs? Was there any booze at least?

No alcohol at this party. We had water and tea

This was part of the problem
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    This seems to be a really petty thing to be offended about. Someone invited you to a birthday party to share a moment with you and they felt that you were close enough to be part of it. Perhaps more people showed up than expected. Maybe the host had something important come up and couldn't run to the store to get extra cream puffs and was trying to make the most of what they had. Maybe they are poor planners and figured that cream puffs wouldn't be that popular. Usually when I go to a party that someone has invited me to, it's to spend time with those people. It is an added bonus when they provide food and drinks.

Nah...F uck that. B)
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I would've been mortified that someone commented that I was eating "too many" of something. Thankfully, I've only heard stuff like that a couple of times in private, although the way I used to post up next to the food, there was plenty of opportunity.

30 cream puffs is a lot for 40 guests, likely just half would eat some...not likely more than two, though. Were there other desserts options?

You said they ought to have a backup in the kitchen just in case. Did you mean just in case someone houses them? They probably figured guests wouldn't make a meal out of the cream puffs as it's not fair to other guests. Unless they state that there will be more of something coming out, assume what you see is all they have.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Cheetohs and chips

did everyone only get one chip?
    More than 1 chip per person

They had all you could drink right?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    My Cream Puff Has A First Name.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    This seems to be a really petty thing to be offended about. Someone invited you to a birthday party to share a moment with you and they felt that you were close enough to be part of it. Perhaps more people showed up than expected. Maybe the host had something important come up and couldn't run to the store to get extra cream puffs and was trying to make the most of what they had. Maybe they are poor planners and figured that cream puffs wouldn't be that popular. Usually when I go to a party that someone has invited me to, it's to spend time with those people. It is an added bonus when they provide food and drinks.

Maybe they shouldn't throw a party if they can't plan. People don't unexpectedly show up at a party. She invited them and they confirmed. Did I really need to waste 50 bucks on a gift to be told not to eat cream puffs? To me this woman just throws these *kitten* parties to get gifts while spending the least. That's what it sounds like to me.

Wow. I can't even. Was the bday party for her or one of her kids?
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Who serves cream puffs at a shower??? And who tells someone NOT to eat?? There is always food left over!! I hate baby showers and bridal crap and I'm married and have kids! Sorry but I am offended she said THAT to you! I doubt very much u ate the whole plate and even if u did I would THANK you for eating! Whoever this person is she FLUNKED good hostessing 101..wow..am beyond stunned she said that..hello food..eaten..#worsthostessever!

Relax hun, this was a bday party.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's not about you. Whoever threw the shower didn't put much into it. They probably noticed very quickly and were self conscious about it.
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options

Cheetohs and chips

Tea. I wasn't offered any.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

Cheetohs and chips

Tea. I wasn't offered any.

crazy pants.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Where was the birthday cake and ice cream?