No sugars and no carbs

Options

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I questioned my doctor about the bacon because he said no fried food and I also know it's fat is high.

Pigs do not contain sugar.

But the babies are so sweet!

Lm5JL.gif

I'm never eating bacon again! :sad:

Grown up pigs aren't nearly as cute, and that's where we get the bacon!

pig-adult-halloween-costume_506440.jpg
  • Knightsmom5
    Knightsmom5 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Nothing wrong with your Drs program! It works for me and actually saved my life! We do not NEED sugar or starch to be healthy!! Starting wt: 513, Current 360!!! The Low Carb Support group on Facebook is great....and you can find plenty of recipes just by looking for Keto or Low-carb....I don't know how to add friends on here, but you're welcome to contact me.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Nothing wrong with your Drs program! It works for me and actually saved my life! We do not NEED sugar or starch to be healthy!! Starting wt: 513, Current 360!!! The Low Carb Support group on Facebook is great....and you can find plenty of recipes just by looking for Keto or Low-carb....I don't know how to add friends on here, but you're welcome to contact me.

you do need some carbs to be healthy(no carbs means no fruit or veggies also).
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I questioned my doctor about the bacon because he said no fried food and I also know it's fat is high.

Pigs do not contain sugar.

But the babies are so sweet!

Lm5JL.gif

If I had to choose between giving up bacon forever and killing that poor sweet little adorable piggy myself.......hand me the knife, I'm hungry.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    *shakes head*
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    Sugar didn't make you gain weight...EXCESS CALORIES DID!

Well yeah, obviously! Overeating sugar ;) Bash fat all you want, but I can tell you that I have never sat with a tub of butter, unable to put the utensil down because I just HAD to have another bite. Substitute butter with ice cream however, and you'll see where my weight problems come from.

If you re-read my post, I had nothing bad to say about restricting all calories and keeping sugar in your diet. It is (not-so-simple) physics of energy in, energy out (not-so-simple due to the variables that can change the rate (metabolism) of the individual's energy expenditure, but simple due to the easy to understand concept of what goes in, must come out) This was just my viewpoint on a type of diet that a lot of people seem misinformed about. I don't think many people just jump on the ketogenic diet without doing some research first. And the research predominantly states that it's hella good for my purposes.

Check the nutrition info on the ice cream and you'll see it likely has as much fat as sugar.

The ice cream I eat has 17g sugar and 6g Fat for 200g. Calorie for calorie it has a tad more fat than carbs/sugar, or am i mathing wrong?

Since you asked ... you're mathing wrong.
    17 X 4 = 68 calories of sugar in 200 g serving (and probably more calories of total carbs, but you didn't give us the carbs grams)
    6 X 9 = 54 calories of fat in 200 g serving
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Sugar didn't make you gain weight...EXCESS CALORIES DID!

Well yeah, obviously! Overeating sugar ;) Bash fat all you want, but I can tell you that I have never sat with a tub of butter, unable to put the utensil down because I just HAD to have another bite. Substitute butter with ice cream however, and you'll see where my weight problems come from.

If you re-read my post, I had nothing bad to say about restricting all calories and keeping sugar in your diet. It is (not-so-simple) physics of energy in, energy out (not-so-simple due to the variables that can change the rate (metabolism) of the individual's energy expenditure, but simple due to the easy to understand concept of what goes in, must come out) This was just my viewpoint on a type of diet that a lot of people seem misinformed about. I don't think many people just jump on the ketogenic diet without doing some research first. And the research predominantly states that it's hella good for my purposes.

Check the nutrition info on the ice cream and you'll see it likely has as much fat as sugar.

The ice cream I eat has 17g sugar and 6g Fat for 200g. Calorie for calorie it has a tad more fat than carbs/sugar, or am i mathing wrong?

Since you asked ... you're mathing wrong.
    17 X 4 = 68 calories of sugar in 200 g serving (and probably more calories of total carbs, but you didn't give us the carbs grams)
    6 X 9 = 54 calories of fat in 200 g serving

Dammit, i knew something looked off! Numbers and early mornings do not a good mix make!

Carbs are also 17g, 12g Fibre.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Holy cow, this thread, the woo.

OP, some people have great success doing keto or low carb, so if you want to give it a shot, go for it.

But your doctor has no clue what he's talking about. Please find the Low Carb group here on MFP and get more solid info on how to eat that way correctly. Best of luck

exactly one doctor told me to go down to 1200 calories if I stopped losing weight, my BMR is more than that and I wouldnt have safely been able to eat 1200 with my activity level,I would have done harm to myself.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Hi @microwoman999,

What a flurry of advice!

If you are interested in eating a lower carb diet, and that does seem to be what your doctor was recommending, - although, as the others have said, he got a great deal incorrect -:

Come on and join the people at the Low Carb group on MFP. There are low carbers, ketoers, slow carbers. pre-diabetics, diabetics and many successful, supportive and informed people there.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • Firesprite93
    Firesprite93 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My dietician has put me on something similar. I'm only allowed a total of 105g of carbs a day. And they have to be consumed in small 15g increments except lunch which is 30g.
    It is because I am insulin resistant, and have hypothyroidism. Making it very difficult to lose weight, even on a calorie deficit
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some friends that would be on a diet like this so I can get recipes ideas. I'm having a hard time finding things I can eat easily during the day. I can not have any sugar not even diet pop or crystal light products. Hoping someone else is on this crazy diet.

the low carb and loving it facebook page will help u!! i did this and lost 100lbs in 5 months.
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    This is basically a Ketogenic, or high fat/low carb diet (HFLC). I've eaten this way for over a year and have lost over 30 lbs.
    This type of diet is good for those who have a lot of weight to lose. The fat consumed helps increase the feeling of satiety; allowing for decreased cravings and hunger.
    Mainstream nutrition generally doesn't agree with this type of diet, but it works.

i too had great results from this over a short period of time. i definitely recommend it.. but not forever since it can be hard on the heart
  • CathReese33
    CathReese33 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Personally this is the only type of 'diet' that works for me. However, I struggle as I am lactose intolerant too, so cannot have cream or cheese, so is very limiting. It does improve all of my health conditions though, so something in it must work for me.
    This kind of diet certainly helps if you are 'always hungry' as it eradicates cravings and hunger fabulously. Good luck
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I saw someone say I was probably long gone but I'm not. I'm still here reading the good and the bad. I'm choosing to read but I have kept my thoughts to myself. I'm taking in ideas and sites to look at and gaining some new friends along the way. I've been busy at work today so I've been getting pieces through the day. I logged my food for the first time today and I will have to go from there. Thank you for the help. I will continue to read as more posts pop up.

It's good to still see you are here.