The things you remember doing when you were young?

Options
kaizaku
kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
edited February 2017 in Chit-Chat
I remember I use to have Sega mega drive, every time the game cartridge didn't work I. Use to blow on it to get the dust out lol ah, I miss those days.

What memories do you have on the things you did?

Replies

• kaizaku
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    We had an Atari. Like the original one cause it was new then. I'm old

Wow, I had one. Is that the one with a joystick and one red button?
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

We didn't even have that...I was like 10 when the 2600 came out. :)

Lincoln Logs and Legos.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »

Joystick? Button? What are we talking about...?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options

Yup
    And we had a PC Junior
  • kaizaku
    Options
    I remember blowing in the Nintendo cartridge when the game wouldn't play.

Also skip it's! Those were awesome.

And Pogs. I loved those.

Ah, pogs I remember those ☺
  • kaizaku
    edited February 2017
    Options

Joystick? Button? What are we talking about...?

Ol skool retro game console
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I remember I did not have cool video gaming stuff.. I learned computers in high school on a Tandem Computer..
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I remember buying a CD and feeling disappointed cause they didn't have the lyrics in the leaflet.. So I had to play the bloody song again and again to learn them

I remember blown up furniture that I convinced myself I needed and that it was super comfy though they weren't

I remember butterfly clips I used to wear in my hair.. The black tark pants every girl in Iceland had to own and finally, the Disel jeans we matched with our super cool Buffalo shoes.

I remember making freestyle dances to almost all of the songs The Spice Girls released and putting on a show in my school.

I remember writing silly notes to my friends in class and passing them on.. And all the games we made up cause we were bored..

Oh I need to ring some of my old friends right now and get drunk with them.. Now I'm feeling Nostalgic lol
  • RoxieDawn
    edited February 2017
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Almost exactly like ^^^^ We rode bikes, skate boards, roller skated in the street, going to the roller and ice rink, went to the pool. We were outside all day.

Same..I never came home till dark.. We still only had 1 tv..lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Scratching a vinyl record and listening to it skip and repeat over and over again. That sucked when it was a song you liked.
    Tightening cassette tapes with a pencil or pen when they unwound.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Almost exactly like ^^^^ We rode bikes, skate boards, roller skated in the street, going to the roller and ice rink, went to the pool. We were outside all day.

Same..I never came home till dark..

Me neither! and even then I wouldn't have, but that was one of the rules with my mom. We had to be home by dark.

When mom had to scream to call your ars home, you were in trouble...lol
  • RoxieDawn
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I do rememeber when we got out first color television and of course we kept the one black and white tv. It went into my brothers room cause he was older and we had to watch tv together, cause we hated what mom and dad watched..

We fought like cats and dogs over the 3 channels we had to watch.. so stupid now..
  • nimrah_ishfaq
    nimrah_ishfaq Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    smiling more often and hugging my mom every night
  • RoxieDawn
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I do rememeber when we got out first color television and of course we kept the one black and white tv. It went into my brothers room cause he was older and we had to watch tv together, cause we hated what mom and dad watched..

We fought like cats and dogs over the 3 channels we had to watch.. so stupid now..

Haha 3 channels! I remember that! My mom still has one of our old console tv's in her family room!

I remember the Lawrence Welk show, HeHaw and the Carol Burnett shows very well.. Don't forget Mash.
  • UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I grew up with a Sega Genisis. But I didn't get one until somewhere in 1998-2000 ish.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

Haha 3 channels! I remember that! My mom still has one of our old console tv's in her family room!

I remember the Lawrence Welk show, HeHaw and the Carol Burnett shows very well.. Don't forget Mash.

and Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Threes Company!

I loved loved these shows! Gilligans Island and Brady Bunch was on every afternoon I got home from school.. If mom was working I got to watch until she kicked me out of the house till dinner... lol
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

and Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Threes Company!

I loved loved these shows! Gilligans Island and Brady Bunch was on every afternoon I got home from school.. If mom was working I got to watch until she kicked me out of the house till dinner... lol

Yes! lol Did you watch Night Rider? lol

OMG, yes.. That was coolest freakin show at that time!!