The things you remember doing when you were young?

Options

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Almost exactly like ^^^^ We rode bikes, skate boards, roller skated in the street, going to the roller and ice rink, went to the pool. We were outside all day.

Same..I never came home till dark.. We still only had 1 tv..lol

Same here, my first personal tv was black and white.
    And hell you didnt adjust the colour on the family tv.... you could never get the colour back the same again!

That fancy 3 button remote we had to our color tv never turned the tv off right.. you had to press the button on the tv and then the remote, or some crazy sequence I could never remember. I used to get in trouble for messing with the buttons on the tv and remote, cause I wasn't supposed to be watching it without them present..

You had a remote.......ohhhhlala... we had a push pull not which doubled as the tvs volume. To change a channel you had to go up to the tv and press the channel button. Think of the exercise.... LOL.

It was on/off/ volume.. the on off did not work...

we got color tv way after everyone else in the neighborhood did..

• everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I grew up in the country side. I was never indoors much and was encouraged to go outside and "play".

As such, many of my memories are of me riding my bike, going on "safari", having adventures with my cat, digging in the ground for treasure, playing "jungle" in the woods, etc.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Gimsteinn wrote: »
    I remember buying a CD and feeling disappointed cause they didn't have the lyrics in the leaflet.. So I had to play the bloody song again and again to learn them

I remember blown up furniture that I convinced myself I needed and that it was super comfy though they weren't

I remember butterfly clips I used to wear in my hair.. The black tark pants every girl in Iceland had to own and finally, the Disel jeans we matched with our super cool Buffalo shoes.

I remember making freestyle dances to almost all of the songs The Spice Girls released and putting on a show in my school.

I remember writing silly notes to my friends in class and passing them on.. And all the games we made up cause we were bored..

Oh I need to ring some of my old friends right now and get drunk with them.. Now I'm feeling Nostalgic lol

Do you mean cassette tape??? I remember sticking the pencil in the cassette wheels to wind the tape back on trying not to crinckle it... because the tape player chewed it up...lol

Hehe no actually I so mean CD's the cassettes were dying when I was a kid.. They were around when I was about 4 but after that it was just CDs
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    everher wrote: »
    I grew up in the country side. I was never indoors much and was encouraged to go outside and "play".

As such, many of my memories are of me riding my bike, going on "safari", having adventures with my cat, digging in the ground for treasure, playing "jungle" in the woods, etc.

I didn't stay indoors much, bike riding with my friends and playing sports was my favourite hobby.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    Almost exactly like ^^^^ We rode bikes, skate boards, roller skated in the street, going to the roller and ice rink, went to the pool. We were outside all day.

And hell you didnt adjust the colour on the family tv.... you could never get the colour back the same again!

That fancy 3 button remote we had to our color tv never turned the tv off right.. you had to press the button on the tv and then the remote, or some crazy sequence I could never remember. I used to get in trouble for messing with the buttons on the tv and remote, cause I wasn't supposed to be watching it without them present..

true story:

my dad bought our first garage door opener

the same week our neighbor bought a new television with a new-fangled ree-mote conn-trol.

every time our neighbor changed channels, our garage door opened or closed.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    I do rememeber when we got out first color television and of course we kept the one black and white tv. It went into my brothers room cause he was older and we had to watch tv together, cause we hated what mom and dad watched..

We fought like cats and dogs over the 3 channels we had to watch.. so stupid now..

Three TV channels? What about books? Does anybody remember actually reading? I spent a large portion of my time reading books, magazines, comics, and anything else with words on a page.

I was not big into reading..

I was always outdoors!! this tv I speak of was right after school , some after dinner.. etc..
  • kaizaku
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Thunder Cats was one of my favourite cartoon.

exactly........... liono ..

Yup ☺
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

true story:

the same week our neighbor bought a new television with a new-fangled ree-mote conn-trol.

every time our neighbor changed channels, our garage door opened or closed

PMSL..... You made me think about my first remote control car. when you took it to the park to drive it with the other kids in the area you had to watch out when near other cars because some had the same frequency... and your car would just go off crazy!

• kaizaku
    Options

true story:

PMSL..... You made me think about my first remote control car. when you took it to the park to drive it with the other kids in the area you had to watch out when near other cars because some had the same frequency... and your car would just go off crazy!

Oh snap, I remember having a remote control car. My friends use to bring their cars out too but due to being the same frequency the cars use to lose control lol
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Going to the arcades was my favourite thing to do. Sadly we no longer have any arcades here.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    this one time we lived in a mobile home we had a real bad winter we use to jump off the roof. the snow was pretty deep. the good old days
  • blackcomaro
    Options

true story:

Oh snap, I remember having a remote control car. My friends use to bring their cars out too but due to being the same frequency the cars use to lose control lol

Hi five bro!
  • blackcomaro
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    I do rememeber when we got out first color television and of course we kept the one black and white tv. It went into my brothers room cause he was older and we had to watch tv together, cause we hated what mom and dad watched..

We fought like cats and dogs over the 3 channels we had to watch.. so stupid now..

Three TV channels? What about books? Does anybody remember actually reading? I spent a large portion of my time reading books, magazines, comics, and anything else with words on a page.

I was not big into reading..

I was always outdoors!! this tv I speak of was right after school , some after dinner.. etc..

Lucky girl :smile: we had to do our homework once we got home before we went out to play.

Funny how things come back around..... I remember my first sony Walkman....tape player...lol. It had big earphones there was no earbuds back then... now it is fashionable to have big earphones with your smartphone!

• kaizaku
    Options

true story:

Hi five bro!

Hi five :)
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Collecting marbles
  • blackcomaro
    Options
    [quote="kaizaku;38781778"]Collecting marbles [/quote]

I actully have all my collection still..... Another one for ya.... they are in little bitty bins. Remember them?

• kaizaku
    Options
    [quote="kaizaku;38781778"]Collecting marbles

I actully have all my collection still..... Another one for ya.... they are in little bitty bins. Remember them?

[/quote]

Snap, I sure do. My friend still has his collection. Mine all disappeared somewhere. People took them.
  • blackcomaro
    Options
    Right on man! Its funny the things you hold onto.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Right on man! Its funny the things you hold onto.

I know, it's what made us to be who we are today. Our fond memories, our roots kind of thing hahaha
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    I remember Saturday morning cartoons. Best time of the week. Bugs, road runner, Taz, woody..... innocence