The things you remember doing when you were young?

Options

Replies

• kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Chewing on paper :lol:
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I remember listening to cassette tapes and having to use a pencil to wind the tape back into place after the stereo tried to eat it.

I remember, as a kid, watching shows like:
    Cold Water Creek
    Hey Dude
    The Waltons
    Lassie
    The Munsters
    The Ren and Stimpy Show
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    This is bad...for a few years when I was a kid I lived by a lake where there were lots of seasonal cottages.
    I remember my friends and I touring through the "abandoned" cottages...in retrospect they were probably just not often used. The doors weren't locked...so I was told...I was so gullible.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Remember using the women's toilet because the men's were closed. Ah fond memories :lol:
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Go fishing, trying to catch as many trouts as possible.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Writing code for my 8088 TRS-80. Programming code to make 4 part harmony music with my TI-99z rollong dice and playing D&D. 3 line football hand held game, Heathkit electronics. Stuff like that.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    I use to love watching the cartoon called Thunder Cats.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Staying up really late on school nights and worrying about how tired I would be the next day, but being too awake to go to sleep
  • njshola
    njshola Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I remember listen to my sister on the other end of a house phone lol, I remember aol messenger was the best thing ever, listening to cd's
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    This isn't a generational thing, it's just a me thing:

When I was in the upper single digits and lower double digits, I used to run around and play all day, then mix up big batches of oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough and eat it raw in large doses. I also sold portions of it to my siblings and hoarded the cash. >:)

As an adult, I go for long-distance runs and earn a bunch of calories, then I mix up big batches of cookie dough and eat it fully cooked in moderate doses. I also share portions, FOR FREE, with my siblings. So grown up now! o:)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Remember using the women's toilet because the men's were closed. Ah fond memories :lol:

I remember accidentally walking into the men's restroom once. There were no guys in there, but I instantly knew I was in the wrong place when that distinctive, funky smell hit my nostrils. Guys are gross. Just sayin'. :p
  • kaizaku
    edited May 2017
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    kaizaku wrote: »

I remember accidentally walking into the men's restroom once. There were no guys in there, but I instantly knew I was in the wrong place when that distinctive, funky smell hit my nostrils. Guys are gross. Just sayin'. :p

We sure are, some peoples accuracy in peeing inside the urinal sink is off target. Most men don't wash their hands either. :lol:
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Watching rage every weekend, being up so early that the songs were often weird, things that would never make it into the top 100.

well i cant seem to post youtube videos. No biggie, it was just the rage credits :tongue:
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Running to the neighbor kids house and playing and exploring in the little forest till the street lights came on
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Trying to jump creeks with the 4 wheeler
    Playing football in the snow in the backyard
    Sneaking out at night to fish in the pond we weren't suppose to
    Building epic tree forts
    Being excited to go to the doctor so they could test my blood to see if it was green like a ninja turtle
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Jen12143 wrote: »
    I remember playing this.....my nephew just took it out of my parents attic recently!

WoAh, does it still work?
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Doing bong hits in college!
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Pogs use to be inside walkers crisp. I use to crush the crisp in the store trying to figure out which one had the pogs inside.
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    djwar9858 wrote: »
    Playing outside, drinking from the hose, mom yelling to come for dinner, and be home when the streetlights come on.

Same here. Those were the days of fun.