The things you remember doing when you were young?

Options

Replies

• blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I remember Saturday morning cartoons. Best time of the week. Bugs, road runner, Taz, woody..... innocence

Yesssssss!!!!! Sat morning cartoons and sitting super close to the tv.

OMG this and on my bean bag!

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Going to the arcades was my favourite thing to do. Sadly we no longer have any arcades here.

We have an old skool arcade here in town.
  • CoffeeandDumbbells
    CoffeeandDumbbells Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Fishing in the summer and boarding in the winter with my Dad.
    Those stretchy wwe action figures
    Bobbys world
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Almost exactly like ^^^^ We rode bikes, skate boards, roller skated in the street, going to the roller and ice rink, went to the pool. We were outside all day.

Same..I never came home till dark.. We still only had 1 tv..lol

A black and white TV?

Anyone remember rotary antennas? We lived in the same town as mt grandparents to but we were higher and on good days got channels from Ohio. They got nothing "foreign"
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I remember Saturday morning cartoons. Best time of the week. Bugs, road runner, Taz, woody..... innocence

Yesssssss!!!!! Sat morning cartoons and sitting super close to the tv.

OMG this and on my bean bag!

lol I just sat on the floor.

Floor here too.
    If anyone is from northern NY..the commander Tom show with Davey and Goliath. That was my Sunday school

Or running home from school at lunch to catch as much of the Flintstones as possible and spiderman
  • CoffeeandDumbbells
    CoffeeandDumbbells Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Almost exactly like ^^^^ We rode bikes, skate boards, roller skated in the street, going to the roller and ice rink, went to the pool. We were outside all day.

Same..I never came home till dark.. We still only had 1 tv..lol

A black and white TV?

Anyone remember rotary antennas? We lived in the same town as mt grandparents to but we were higher and on good days got channels from Ohio. They got nothing "foreign"

For years all we had was a rotary antenna. My Dad would come and put tin foil on the one in my room cause the main antenna was only attached to one television. I grew up watching soap operas cause that's all that was ever on my 2 channels.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Going to the arcades was my favourite thing to do. Sadly we no longer have any arcades here.

We have an old skool arcade here in town.

Really? WoAh, lucky you. Do you know the game that is on it?
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Way before cds, we use to have a vinyl, and video/tape cassettes. Remember when I liked a song on the radio I would wait till the dj shut his mouth so I could record the song.

Sadly some of the new generation never even seen what a video/tape cassettes look like. I. Have a whole stash somewhere, I think I should sell it as retro collection. Might make something :=)
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    Sliding down the banister of the stairs.

Crazy bones, anyone remember those?l4jbf8nxxuwc.jpg

I still have a scare on the back of my head from sliding down the stair banister and splitting my head open.

• Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Played sports all the time. Basketball outside in the winter with a net mounted on a telephone pole under a streetlight. Rode my Schwinn all over. 26" no gears, no hands. Stickball at the elementary school with a strike zone painted on the wall. Softball at the little league field. I had an uncle who lived across the street. He could whistle so loud that you could hear him anywhere and it was the signal to come home. Marathon pinnacle games with friends and their parents. Summers at the Jersey Shore - body surfing, fishing crabbing, going to the boardwalk at night.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    Sliding down the banister of the stairs.

Crazy bones, anyone remember those?l4jbf8nxxuwc.jpg

Oh yea, those. Nice. Still in good condition ☺
  • kaizaku
    Options
    I remember before we had mobile phones since it was expensive, pager was the stuff. Thinking about it, the mobile phone use to have a 3'' green screen. In 25+years look how things changed. I guess seeing the change makes you cherish the old stuff since that is where it all began.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I had a black Space Invaders bicycle as a kid but had no idea what space invaders was until later. This black bicycle was Zorro's horse Tornado to me. I rode it around with a transistor radio antenna shoved through my belt and drew Z's on everything I could think of. I can't remember how many ladies or peasants I saved.
  • Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Aurora slot cars! You could buy stuff at the hobby shop to make them go faster. Silver contacts, special armature motors, sponge slicks.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Climbing way up a tree in the front yard, & falling down. Dad comes to the rescue.
    When my parents would hit the garage door button, as the door would go up, I would grab & hang on the door as it lifted me in the air a couple times.
    I was facinated with Sally Field in The Flying Nun. I made myself a lame little hat. And would jump off the brick flowerbed area. And wondered why I couldn't fly like she did.

https://youtu.be/qhQaoVcaAa8
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    jnco jeans.... I thought they looked ridiculous but all the rocker boys wore them right before the skinny jean came into effect in high school. That super gelled down pony tail with the two slicked strands on either side of your face like mentioned earlier, yep. Tamagotchi, yep. Ferby!? Lindsey Lohan vs Hillary Duff. Backstreet boys Vs NSYNC. MASH the game that was really a ploy for your friends to know which boys you liked at school. Gel pens. Me and my whole family collected Pokemon cards. Beanie babies were big at some point.
  • kaizaku
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I remember watching Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan movies. Then use to push and kick the pillow, doors like I was the man :o)