• Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    jnichel wrote: »
    lr58iovuvjx4.gif

It's going down for real
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    idk1970 wrote: »
    This my sound old fashion, but my husband works really hard long hours I don't expect him to do any housework

I am the same but shhhhh, be careful who you tell. Some women here will tear you a new one for being some mans doormat.

It's totally fine to divide the duties in the house however you see fit. If you are happy and he is happy, just do it.
  • Carbkiller1970
    I see no sign of the intruder nor do I smell Krispy Kreme stay vigilant
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    9B39nfn0MD1Je.gif
  • Carbkiller1970
    9B39nfn0MD1Je.gif

The first one to cry Loses :'(
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    I work a full time job and while I can say that I wouldn't turn down a maid if one were given to me, I don't usually mind doing all the house/kid work. I am a pretty traditional person.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    You expect a man to pimp his ride. Why don't you expect and demand that he pimp his crib?
  • Carbkiller1970
    You expect a man to pimp his ride. Why don't you expect and demand that he pimp his crib?

You lost me :/
  • Carbkiller1970
    MeganAM89 wrote: »

You don't look like a housewife. What are you doing in here

Lol be careful how you respond Jerome may I suggest an offer of Krispy Kreme to the goddesses
  • Carbkiller1970
    MeganAM89 wrote: »

You don't look like a housewife. What are you doing in here

Lol be careful how you respond Jerome may I suggest an offer of Krispy Kreme to the goddesses

I'm just trying to keep you alive
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I am a full time working single mom. I feel like I'm failing at life most days. I need an Alice.

I'd be your Alice, I damn sure would.

Will I have to wear a blue dress and a white apron?

*please say yes.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member

My husband would be insulted if I tried to prevent him from cleaning/keeping up with his own house. He has actually stopped me from cleaning and shoo'd me away so he could do it instead while insisting I go relax. I will always accept the chance to read one of my books instead of doing dishes, lol.

(I married a man that likes to cook and clean thanks to how his mother raised him, but whatever works for your relationship dynamic. :) )
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member

Heck, I like to clean and I especially like to tackle laundry.

* I don't do windows
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    My husband is a clean freak. We both fold laundry and clean the house equally.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    My husband does his own laundry and the dishes every day... It's great!
  • Carbkiller1970
    My husband offers to help and I always decline I think that's why he offers. :/
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    As others have said, do what works. We both work full time. She probably does 60/40 (she might say 70/30), but I also handle all the cars/lawn/etc. 99% of the time if she asks me to do something I jump up and do it. She makes a great home for us. Plus she can decorate, which I cannot.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    sklarbodds wrote: »
    I have so much *kitten* too do I don't know how I can keep doing it. At this point I need a maid and a nanny. Or some clones.

I work 1 full time job, a part time job and have a side job. I am up from 5am to 12am. I have to take my kid to hockey nearly every morning. Between him and I we are are busy 7 nights a week with sports, dance and fitness classes. Then I have to take care of the house and be a mother.

I know I should be counting my blessings but lately I just feel like I am drowning.

Honestly I read that and think..."What's my excuse for not working out? She's running a madhouse and still gets workouts in". You sounds like a badass :)

Right? She makes me feel like a lazy *kitten* lol. My husband and I both hate cleaning, which isn't good when you can't afford a maid. Our apartment is generally a bit messy, although we make sure it never gets to actually being dirty because, you know, ewww. :#
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    I am a full time working single mom. I feel like I'm failing at life most days. I need an Alice.

I have an Alice...I call her Unice but she only comes every other week

I'm a spoiled housewife and don't like to clean so we have a housekeeper. I cook the meals and drink the wine but I love cooking so I would anyway and I do the laundry because I don't like how anyone else doe sit but we could get Unice to do it if we wanted to.

I get to stay home, because I'm not good at getting along with others and I wouldn't make enough money to make working worthwhile, I take the boy to his activities so that we can have our weekends free to do family stuff.

I also get to have time for my fun stuff like skating and curling and drinking wine at the club with friends
  • Carbkiller1970
    synchkat wrote: »

I'm a spoiled housewife and don't like to clean so we have a housekeeper. I cook the meals and drink the wine but I love cooking so I would anyway and I do the laundry because I don't like how anyone else doe sit but we could get Unice to do it if we wanted to.

I get to stay home, because I'm not good at getting along with others and I wouldn't make enough money to make working worthwhile, I take the boy to his activities so that we can have our weekends free to do family stuff.

I also get to have time for my fun stuff like skating and curling and drinking wine at the club with friends

I have to admit I'm a little jealous
  • LiftingRiot
    TlK63EXaV0gG8UIpnfa.gif
  • synchkat

I'm not as spoiled as many I know at the club who stay home and have nannies!!!

I get that I'm spoiled but I do lots around the house, just not cleaning. I can't tell you the last time I cleaned a toilet and I remember when I did I had to ask someone what kind of cleaner I had to use.
  • LiftingRiot
    26ufjZUMvSqp8CMaA.gif
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member

I'm not as spoiled as many I know at the club who stay home and have nannies!!!

I get that I'm spoiled but I do lots around the house, just not cleaning. I can't tell you the last time I cleaned a toilet and I remember when I did I had to ask someone what kind of cleaner I had to use.

Are you looking for drama haha . The hater brigade will be out for your blood .
  • synchkat
    isn't it funny how people with housekeepers or cleaning ladies always seem to have the messiest houses anyways?

because we rely on them to do that sort of thing.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Rather your a stay at home mom like me or a woman who does it all we all need to vent a little to decompress , so purge it here even if your not any of the above maybe you would like to add some advice please do

I've been a SAHP for almost 17 years. I homeschool my dd. I do the cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. I don't have complaints about it except I hate washing dishes.
    My dd is almost 17. What am I going to do when she goes off in the world? I don't really have a plan. I feel kind of useless thinking about that. If someone here has transitioned from being out of the workplace for decades while they cared for their children or house to doing something else I'd love to hear something from them. Or if you plan to be a housespouse for life how do you make that work for you?

• Carbkiller1970
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Rather your a stay at home mom like me or a woman who does it all we all need to vent a little to decompress , so purge it here even if your not any of the above maybe you would like to add some advice please do

I've been a SAHP for almost 17 years. I homeschool my dd. I do the cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. I don't have complaints about it except I hate washing dishes.
    My dd is almost 17. What am I going to do when she goes off in the world? I don't really have a plan. I feel kind of useless thinking about that. If someone here has transitioned from being out of the workplace for decades while they cared for their children or house to doing something else I'd love to hear something from them. Or if you plan to be a housespouse for life how do you make that work for you?

I left my work 17 yrs ago after my first born I just felt and still do that being a mom is a full time job and the position must be filled so I'll be a stay at home mom until they are gone I could go back to work but the money is not needed but keeping an eye on these kids priority number one for me