• Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    9B39nfn0MD1Je.gif

The first one to cry Loses :'(
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I work a full time job and while I can say that I wouldn't turn down a maid if one were given to me, I don't usually mind doing all the house/kid work. I am a pretty traditional person.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You expect a man to pimp his ride. Why don't you expect and demand that he pimp his crib?
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    You expect a man to pimp his ride. Why don't you expect and demand that he pimp his crib?

You lost me :/
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »

You don't look like a housewife. What are you doing in here

Lol be careful how you respond Jerome may I suggest an offer of Krispy Kreme to the goddesses
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    idk1970 wrote: »
    MeganAM89 wrote: »

You don't look like a housewife. What are you doing in here

Lol be careful how you respond Jerome may I suggest an offer of Krispy Kreme to the goddesses

I'm just trying to keep you alive
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I am a full time working single mom. I feel like I'm failing at life most days. I need an Alice.

I'd be your Alice, I damn sure would.

Will I have to wear a blue dress and a white apron?

*please say yes.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options

My husband would be insulted if I tried to prevent him from cleaning/keeping up with his own house. He has actually stopped me from cleaning and shoo'd me away so he could do it instead while insisting I go relax. I will always accept the chance to read one of my books instead of doing dishes, lol.

(I married a man that likes to cook and clean thanks to how his mother raised him, but whatever works for your relationship dynamic. :) )
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Heck, I like to clean and I especially like to tackle laundry.

* I don't do windows
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    My husband is a clean freak. We both fold laundry and clean the house equally.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    My husband does his own laundry and the dishes every day... It's great!
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    My husband offers to help and I always decline I think that's why he offers. :/
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    As others have said, do what works. We both work full time. She probably does 60/40 (she might say 70/30), but I also handle all the cars/lawn/etc. 99% of the time if she asks me to do something I jump up and do it. She makes a great home for us. Plus she can decorate, which I cannot.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    sklarbodds wrote: »
    I have so much *kitten* too do I don't know how I can keep doing it. At this point I need a maid and a nanny. Or some clones.

I work 1 full time job, a part time job and have a side job. I am up from 5am to 12am. I have to take my kid to hockey nearly every morning. Between him and I we are are busy 7 nights a week with sports, dance and fitness classes. Then I have to take care of the house and be a mother.

I know I should be counting my blessings but lately I just feel like I am drowning.

Honestly I read that and think..."What's my excuse for not working out? She's running a madhouse and still gets workouts in". You sounds like a badass :)

Right? She makes me feel like a lazy *kitten* lol. My husband and I both hate cleaning, which isn't good when you can't afford a maid. Our apartment is generally a bit messy, although we make sure it never gets to actually being dirty because, you know, ewww. :#
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I am a full time working single mom. I feel like I'm failing at life most days. I need an Alice.

I have an Alice...I call her Unice but she only comes every other week

I'm a spoiled housewife and don't like to clean so we have a housekeeper. I cook the meals and drink the wine but I love cooking so I would anyway and I do the laundry because I don't like how anyone else doe sit but we could get Unice to do it if we wanted to.

I get to stay home, because I'm not good at getting along with others and I wouldn't make enough money to make working worthwhile, I take the boy to his activities so that we can have our weekends free to do family stuff.

I also get to have time for my fun stuff like skating and curling and drinking wine at the club with friends
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

I'm a spoiled housewife and don't like to clean so we have a housekeeper. I cook the meals and drink the wine but I love cooking so I would anyway and I do the laundry because I don't like how anyone else doe sit but we could get Unice to do it if we wanted to.

I get to stay home, because I'm not good at getting along with others and I wouldn't make enough money to make working worthwhile, I take the boy to his activities so that we can have our weekends free to do family stuff.

I also get to have time for my fun stuff like skating and curling and drinking wine at the club with friends

I have to admit I'm a little jealous
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    TlK63EXaV0gG8UIpnfa.gif
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    idk1970 wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »

I have to admit I'm a little jealous

I'm not as spoiled as many I know at the club who stay home and have nannies!!!

I get that I'm spoiled but I do lots around the house, just not cleaning. I can't tell you the last time I cleaned a toilet and I remember when I did I had to ask someone what kind of cleaner I had to use.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    26ufjZUMvSqp8CMaA.gif