The Real Housewifes of MFP

Options

Replies

• kellylynnshonting
    kellylynnshonting Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    idk1970 wrote: »
    This my sound old fashion, but my husband works really hard long hours I don't expect him to do any housework

I am the same but shhhhh, be careful who you tell. Some women here will tear you a new one for being some mans doormat.

They can say doormat if they like but I like my mothers saying. " the man is the head and the woman is the neck and she can turn the head anyway she likes :)

I completely agree with you 100 percent on this (and everything else). I know that I am not a housewife yet and though there is nothing wrong with being an independent (working) woman, the older I get the more I look for something like the Cleavers.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    This my sound old fashion, but my husband works really hard long hours I don't expect him to do any housework

I am the same but shhhhh, be careful who you tell. Some women here will tear you a new one for being some mans doormat.

They can say doormat if they like but I like my mothers saying. " the man is the head and the woman is the neck and she can turn the head anyway she likes :)

Pretty sure it's Maria Portokalos that says that.

Yes but my mother said it long before her
    Italian woman are far from Greek woman

* not far from Greek woman. God, I never proof read before I post
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    What if I do 90% of the housework and work all day at a job?
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options

The Greeks invented Italian.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »

Then your wife is a super lucky lady and should be thanking you in other areas.

I do 90% of the house and yard work, plus work two jobs and do all the kid stuff... without appreciation.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options

The Greeks invented Italian.

I was invented by the Greeks?
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options

I do 90% of the house and yard work, plus work two jobs and do all the kid stuff... without appreciation.

That would only be ok if your wife is sick if she's not remove the couch immediately
  • jnichel
    Options

I'm a computer geek and sit on my *kitten* all day; she's an OR tech and spends all day on her feet (3pm - 11pm)...I wouldn't get any exercise if I didn't do the housework. :) I don't fold clothes though...I'll set them on fire and buy new ones before I fold them.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options

I'm a computer geek and sit on my *kitten* all day; she's an OR tech and spends all day on her feet (3pm - 11pm)...I wouldn't get any exercise if I didn't do the housework. :) I don't fold clothes though...I'll set them on fire and buy new ones before I fold them.

Ohhhh you made it sound like she didn't work. Whatever works for you guys works
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Well that makes more sense. She works and works hard. Whatever works for you guys!
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    I have so much *kitten* too do I don't know how I can keep doing it. At this point I need a maid and a nanny. Or some clones.

I work 1 full time job, a part time job and have a side job. I am up from 5am to 12am. I have to take my kid to hockey nearly every morning. Between him and I we are are busy 7 nights a week with sports, dance and fitness classes. Then I have to take care of the house and be a mother.

I know I should be counting my blessings but lately I just feel like I am drowning.

Let it out girl!!! It's healthy
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    The house is mostly my domain. I'm the one who gets stressed with too much surface clutter but he's the one who will vacuum the baseboards and blinds and clean every crevice. But only once a year! :) I just do what can be seen!
    We both work and I shoulder most of the day-to-day stuff, but he'll do anything I ask. He just doesn't "see" mess the way I do. He's the dish doer, salad maker and trash taker-outer. And does ALL of our car maintenance, most yard work and any handy work around the house. So we're pretty even.
    But I do tend to be a bit more old fashioned. I see things in more of a "you do nice things for those you love" way versus "he's a rotten misogynist pig because you do the housework" kind of way. *shrugs*
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options

I couldn't agree more. But I was quite literally attacked in a thread a few months ago for viewing it that way. Some homely piece of trash told me that my husband visited prostitutes. I try to keep my opinions on the matter to myself anymore.

There will always be opposition just do you!! :)
  • jnichel
    Options
    lr58iovuvjx4.gif
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    lr58iovuvjx4.gif

It's going down for real
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options

It's totally fine to divide the duties in the house however you see fit. If you are happy and he is happy, just do it.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    I see no sign of the intruder nor do I smell Krispy Kreme stay vigilant
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    9B39nfn0MD1Je.gif