10 a Day (800g) Veggie&Fruit Challenge Participants Check in!

Options

Replies

• abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Lettuce 85 x 3
    Hummus 30 x 2 if it counts
    Carrots 115 x 2
    Broccoli 200 roughly
    Tomato 142 x 2
    Jalepino 15
    Cauliflower 300

1358.. I am so full lmao
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,481 Member
    Options
    Today is hard to count - another dang restaurant, so low veggies, short on protein - ugh. At least it was tasty and filling, unlike most restaurants that believe vegetarians want a big heap of white pasta or bread.

224g Mixed berries (frozen, thawed)

Restaurant:
    - Zucchini noodles - 1.5C?
    - Marinara - 1C?
    - Grilled veggies - 1/2C?
    - Green salad - 2C?
    So, maybe 5-7 servings in that?

And another ounce of crispy broad beans, partly crispy stuff and salt, but partly broad beans.

So, I dunno . . . somewhere between 7-10 servings? Still coming up short, maybe. And I still need another few grams of protein, but am over my slow-weight-cutback calorie goal, though still under true maintenance (I think).

Should be eating at home, thus more normally, the next few days - fingers crossed!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I had several days of restaurants or work lunch last week-- killed my intention to get back to normal after the holidays (and a bunch of emotional stuff). Nice to be back to normal and able to have complete control over my own meals.

Today:

147 g butternut squash
    103 g kale, mustard greens, collards mix (frozen)
    108 g fennel
    103 g cauliflower
    122 g broccoli
    199 g green tomato
    145 g turnip
    103 g carrot
    99 g radishes
    cup of arugula (fresh) (about 30 g)
    cup of spinach (fresh)
    bunch of parsley

same mixed bean dish with other veg from before (2 servings)
    another serving of black beans (separate meal, on a salad with hot and cold veg)

119 g orange
    160 g apple (estimated, bit smaller than the one I weighed yesterday)
    72 g cherries
    30 g cranberries
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    I just typed in everything while my cat was trying desperately to get on my lap and at the end I managed to hit something wrong and it vanished, argh! I was commiserating as last week I felt like I was going out or having a work thing every day and at least one meal would be not as I wanted. Feeling back to normal right now.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Trying again:

147 g butternut squash
    103 g mixed frozen collards, kale, mustard greens
    108 g fennel
    103 g cauliflower
    122 g broccoli
    108 g mushrooms
    199 g green tomato
    145 g turnip
    103 g carrots (103 kind of day)
    99 g radishes
    cup of arugula (fresh)
    cup of spinach (same)
    bunch of parsley

same mixed beans with other veg (serving of beans, serving of other veg)
    serving of black beans (was on salad with hot and cold veg)

72 g cherries (frozen)
    30 g cranberries (same)
    119 g orange
    160 g apple
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Oh, just saw what happened, one of those "when it's approved" things. Annoying, not redoing again. Anyway, good day, better than yesterday I think.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Today is hard to count - another dang restaurant, so low veggies, short on protein - ugh. At least it was tasty and filling, unlike most restaurants that believe vegetarians want a big heap of white pasta or bread.

224g Mixed berries (frozen, thawed)

Restaurant:
    - Zucchini noodles - 1.5C?
    - Marinara - 1C?
    - Grilled veggies - 1/2C?
    - Green salad - 2C?
    So, maybe 5-7 servings in that?

And another ounce of crispy broad beans, partly crispy stuff and salt, but partly broad beans.

So, I dunno . . . somewhere between 7-10 servings? Still coming up short, maybe. And I still need another few grams of protein, but am over my slow-weight-cutback calorie goal, though still under true maintenance (I think).

Should be eating at home, thus more normally, the next few days - fingers crossed!

I agree about restaurant eating. There has been many times I've ordered 2 salads to get close to enough vegetables!

Today and yesterday have been the same...

Lunch
    200g zucchini
    150g mushrooms
    150g broccoli
    50g capsicum
    30g avo

Dinner
    300g lettuces
    150g pumpkin
    75g tomato
    100g cucumber
    50g capsicum
    50g cabbage
    50g celery
    50g alfalfa
    50g pickled onion
    30g Beetroot
    30g carrot
    30g avo

125g berries

1670g?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I only managed 5 servings yesterday with eating out.

Will do better today.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Oh, goodie, when they finally decided my post could be approved both versions got posted. Sorry, all.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Here is the past couple of days:

Tuesday

2 174 g clementines
    1 .5 cup cauliflower
    1 .5 cup chickpeas
    2 150 g tomatoes
    1 .5 cup artichoke hearts
    3-ish? Half Panera Green Goddess Salad
    1.5 tomato soup
    1.5 120 g banana
    3 3 servings freeze dried blueberries
    _____

Wednesday

.5 50 g salsa
    4 4 cups chopped romaine
    1 v-8 juice
    2.25 184 g navel orange
    1 .5 cup cauliflower
    1 .5 cup chickpeas
    1.5 120 g strawberries
    1.5 120 g grapes
    _____

As you can imagine from my repeated motif of chickpeas and cauliflower every day, I am getting pretty tired of this recipe (although it is delicious, super easy to make, and easy to beef up with additional veg): https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1018910-sheet-pan-chicken-with-chickpeas-cumin-and-turmeric

I use 3 cans of chickpeas and throw in a whole head of cabbage florets; I also double the amount of onion used. It's kind of a middle-easternish recipe, so there are probably other veg one could throw in that would make a good contribution to the flavor profile as well. I make it with chicken breasts, but also throw in a few skin-on thighs so there is some chicken fat for the veg to soak up. Any recommendations? My husband won't eat chickpeas so it would be nice to make half the pan with something else that he would eat.

He would not do too well at this challenge.

• AnnPT77
    Options
    @livingleanlivingclean , I've noticed that you seem to eat pumpkin often. How do you like to prepare & eat it? I enjoy it, but am not especially creative with it, so don't eat it all that often.

(Hope this mini-digression is close enough to on topic here!)
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Cauliflower instead of chickpeas or maybe peas? Peas would be a different taste but seem like they might work, although you'd have to mix them in at the end so it wouldn't get combined the same way. I think both chickpeas and cauliflower are kind of neutral and cauliflower would taste good with the taste profile.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Maybe potatoes and carrots, even.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Cauliflower instead of chickpeas or maybe peas? Peas would be a different taste but seem like they might work, although you'd have to mix them in at the end so it wouldn't get combined the same way. I think both chickpeas and cauliflower are kind of neutral and cauliflower would taste good with the taste profile.

I did put a head of cauliflower florets in on this round, and the cauliflower turned out FANTASTIC. It absorbed all the chicken fat and spices better than the chickpeas.

I did think about carrots, and also have a bunch of parsnips I needed to use...hmmm. Maybe I will try that next time. A few halved cherry tomatoes might be good as well.
  • nsgmom04
    nsgmom04 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Will start posting tomorrow
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    @livingleanlivingclean , I've noticed that you seem to eat pumpkin often. How do you like to prepare & eat it? I enjoy it, but am not especially creative with it, so don't eat it all that often.

(Hope this mini-digression is close enough to on topic here!)

In my dinner (giant salad) I bake chunks in the oven dusted with salt and spices (paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper etc) - it starts to get a bit caramelised after a while!

In aus we use it most often as a savoury vegetable, much like sweet potato. I like to use it in soup too - I roast pieces, then add stock and whiz. (curried pumpkin is delicious). Baked chunks are nice in frittata too. I sometimes use it in protein pancakes, but not very often. It's my volume eaters substitute sweet potato!
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    I use pumpkin as a savory veg too, basically interchangeably with any other winter squash (and I love it in salad!). Need to make some pumpkin soup, glad to be reminded that I should.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    In da oatmeal:
    - 100g mixed berries (frozen, thawed)

Omelet:
    - 139g black beans (counted as 80g)
    - 202g onion
    - 62g salsa
    Raw veggie plate:
    - 38g avocado
    - 147g cucumber
    - 48g orange bell pepper
    - 37g sugar snap peas
    - 62g tomatoes
    - 105g celery

Snacks
    - 190g winter squash, roasted
    - 28g crispy broad beans (discounted to 20g 'cos crispy)

1091g = 13.6 servings.

Protein well above my minimum, too. That's more like it! :)
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @AnnPT77 I don't know if advertising is allowed on this app but what the heck!! Look up Pinterest. They usually have really good recipes and as long as you type healthy you can tons of meal ideas. It's usually my go to when I'm looking for an under 100 cal snack, or a meal alternative