10 a Day (800g) Veggie&Fruit Challenge Participants Check in!

Options
1272829303133»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I was going to cook tonight but got home late due to work stuff (sigh, great Friday), so happily I made enough yesterday for leftovers. Work lunch, but because of Lent (needing to have meatless options) they had more veg than usual, hooray (of course, our other default Lent option is Giordano's).

Anyway, for breakfast huge smoothie (had leftovers was going to have with lunch if no veg, had it at around 7 since I knew I'd be at work late). Servings of cauliflower, kale, spinach, mango, blackberries, avocado.

Lunch was cucumber salad, chickpeas (I'm counting that in the falafel, whatever), broccoli salad -- I'll count 3 (I ate too much). Israeli couscous with raisins, hummus too.

Dinner: rice porridge thing: about a serving of edamame and carrots each (but I guess if I count chickpeas I can't count edamame), plus celery, onions, mushrooms (about a serving total), and a serving of broccoli. So 3.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Bump.

I'm not logging regularly, but counting servings and consistently eating over 10. No good cooking time, so been kind of dull in my choices -- made a fun "use up what's on hand" mix of potatoes, celeriac, sweet potatoes, carrots, and greens with some apple, onion, and raisins which turned out good that I've been eating as breakfast or lunch (had with a mix of asparagus, tofu, and pistachios on the side yesterday for a big breakfast, added zucchini and mushrooms today).
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    This thread is kinda limping lately.

I still try to hit that 800g, but it's something I really need to focus on.

Recommitting.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Not gonna list it out, just trying to be more mindful and hoping others will see this thread.

So many food diaries that people open up when they're struggling have 0/no vegetables for days and days. I know it's something that has always helped me feel more satiated and makes weight maintenance easier.

...and ...all those candy/over-indulge holidays are right around the corner.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Maybe I'll start a new thread.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    Kinda not into the forum reporting right now as a daily practice, but here's yesterday, just to be supportive:

100g mixed berries (frozen, thawed, in oatmeal)
    230g cucumber, raw
    90g lupini beans (from jar, weighed before removing skins - seems to be how the jar label sees it)
    33g onions
    53g drained sauerkraut (so mostly cabbage)
    125g cherry tomatoes
    463g cooked (boiled) beets (my neighbor brought me a vat of cooked beets, and a bag of raw ones - yay!)

Total: 1,054g (grams discounted slightly for estimated lupini skins and sauerkraut salt) = about 13 servings.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,975 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @cmriverside
    I’ll definitely do this with you — this thread or a new one. Your choice!

I did a random check of 5 days in August
    800 grams = 28.5 ounces

16 (atypical day)

It made me realize I was eating much more fruit/veg earlier in the month when I was “never hungry” & recently I’ve been fighting hunger some & saw I was eating fewer vegetables, in particular. So, thank you! This is really going to help me!

Aug 22 so far: 3.8/28.5 ounces

I’ll go back to shooting for 9.5 oz per meal. It’s really not that hard if I keep that goal in mind :)

Thanks again!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a BABS (boring as bat *kitten*) diet at the moment, and my vegie intake has been reduced to

150g spinach
    150g zucchini
    200g mushrooms
    175g broccoli
    100g green beans

... 775g...so close (yet so far from the amount I love to eat!)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    I’m definitely increasing my fruits/veggies!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    I’m doing this! Anyone else?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I’m doing this! Anyone else?

Im doing what I wrote above for the next week. I normally eat 1.5-2kgs a day
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lanaehorner
    lanaehorner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would like to be in this group for October please. How do i know the grams of the fruit?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I would like to be in this group for October please. How do i know the grams of the fruit?

Weigh fruit in grams on a food scale.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1
  • lanaehorner
    lanaehorner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Back on the produce wagon. :smiley:

100g blueberries
    145g green & yellow string beans
    80g lima beans (I actually had 125g but only 80g of legumes count per day)
    200g carrots
    103g pickled beets
    237g Honeycrisp apple

Total: 865g