March 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    3/1 - cross-training - strength training
    3/2 - 7 mile general aerobic run (Holy wind Batman!)
    3/3 - 8 mile general aerobic run
    3/4 - cross-training - zumba
    3/5 - 11 mile long run
    3/6 - rest
    3/7 - 5 mile general aerobic run w/6x :12 sec (gentle) uphills
    3/8 - rest - sick
    3/9 - 4 miles - still sick

March Total: 35/145

243 miles/2,017 miles - goal for the year

I'm still sick. Ugh. Was hoping for 8 miles today, but I was not feeling good in my chest and had a couple coughing sessions while running, so cut it in half. I think this cold is more in my chest than I realized. Grrrrrr!!!! I am so sick of being sick! This is now 3 weeks: 2 weeks of sinus infection and now 1 week of this head/chest cold. :s I'm also thinking that my HR transmitter might not be needing a battery replacement, but that it could just be an elevated heart rate from being sick. When I started out on my run today it was reasonable enough, 124 as I was just starting, but there where a couple points, a couple miles in, where it hit 199. Possible battery issues, but also possibly just elevated from illness. I just know that in the past with battery issues it's been really obvious, like readings of 220 or 30, lol. Anyway, whatever this is, I hope I get over it soon because seriously, I can't even.

Btw, sorry for the rant guys, but I know you peeps get it! Just feeling so frustrated.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

3/1 - 5 miles
    3/2 - 8 miles
    3/3 - 16 miles

3/5 - 7 miles
    3/6 - 6.5 miles
    3/7 - 6.5 miles
    3/8 - 5 miles
    3/9 - 6 miles
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    Got interrupted during a light run around town. One of my favorite birds drying off in the sun. . .
    kerptpcv7v6c.jpg

Those kind of interruptions are good!!!! I stop for the deer along the trails quite often!!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 have you or anybody you know run the Red Deer Marathon (Woody's full)? I just realized it is a BQ certified event and early bird reg is over on the 21st so not much time to decide :/ . It's also a hair less than a month out from Banff...why can't I just run all the things?!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    why can't I just run all the things?!
    That's why I only do Ragnars.

• Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    01/03 3.52 miles
    02/03 5.02 miles
    04/03 4.5 miles
    08/03 5.16 miles
    09/03 3.54 miles

exercise.png

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    why can't I just run all the things?!
    That's why I only do Ragnars.

Do you know your team members or do you find them through the Ragnar community? Personally, I've always thought Ragnar was too expensive and it just isn't worth the travel and time finding team mates. They seem like they are over-hyped, though I admit I don't have any experience actually doing them. I'm more of a lone wolf anyway, so they don't appeal to me (except the bling looks nice).

ETA: Not trying to be rude or anything, just a "to each their own" type of thing.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Does any one know of a running app or device that you can set to alert you at a set number of miles?

I love my fitbit charge hr but I'd prefer something that can give me an alarm at x miles ran.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    Does any one know of a running app or device that you can set to alert you at a set number of miles?

I love my fitbit charge hr but I'd prefer something that can give me an alarm at x miles ran.

My Garmin (Fenix 3 HR) vibrates and displays a lap summary after each mile when tracking a run. I'm not sure if other Garmins will do that as well. The Fenix 3 and Fenix 3 HR are higher-end models.

The Zombies, Run! app also gives me a summary every mile. It will tell me: X miles run in Y minutes Z seconds. It is not as reliable on longer runs if I decide to complete a mission and start a new mission, because it resets of course.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

My Garmin (Fenix 3 HR) vibrates and displays a lap summary after each mile when tracking a run. I'm not sure if other Garmins will do that as well. The Fenix 3 and Fenix 3 HR are higher-end models.

The Zombies, Run! app also gives me a summary every mile. It will tell me: X miles run in Y minutes Z seconds. It is not as reliable on longer runs if I decide to complete a mission and start a new mission, because it resets of course.

My current Garmin Vivoactive and previous Garmin Forerunner 220 vibrates after every mile and shows the time for it as well.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

I think most phone running apps can be set to give audio alerts every x amount of time or miles. I used to use Endomondo, and the voice would go off every half mile (I set it to do so) with the mileage, time, pace - it used to confuse people the first time they were out with me (the rest would ask me for updates on our mileage). Many will let you set a goal mileage for that run and alert you when you are done.

I have a Garmin 920XT - it can be set to auto-lap at set intervals with an alert or just alert at a certain point or do a set workout with a certain amount of mileage.

• autumnblade75
    Options

You can change which goal is the "main" goal. It would count from midnight, though - not so much how many miles you've run in your workout.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

My 230 also has distance alert options for the alerts setting, so I'm assuming that, in addition to the alert every mile, with the split time, it could be set for a custom range.....though I'm not sure what reason there would be for that.
  • autumnblade75
    Options

And You can set Zombies, Run! to play missions back-to-back! A handy hack for running a set number of missions before starting Radio Mode is to only download as many missions as you want to run back-to-back.

I bought a phone with a memory card specifically to have storage for all 5 seasons of missions, so I could stop deleting them to make more room... Not a strategy I employ.
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @RuNaRoUnDaFiEld @midwesterner85 @MNLittleFinn The Garmins that have the auto-lap feature are preset to every mile, but can be changed to anywhere from 1-99 miles, as far as I can tell.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

And You can set Zombies, Run! to play missions back-to-back! A handy hack for running a set number of missions before starting Radio Mode is to only download as many missions as you want to run back-to-back.

I bought a phone with a memory card specifically to have storage for all 5 seasons of missions, so I could stop deleting them to make more room... Not a strategy I employ.

Oh, I need to figure out how to make those missions run back to back. It will save some time stopping to finish a mission and start a new one.