March 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    @juliet3455 have you or anybody you know run the Red Deer Marathon (Woody's full)? I just realized it is a BQ certified event and early bird reg is over on the 21st so not much time to decide :/ . It's also a hair less than a month out from Banff...why can't I just run all the things?!

@JessicaMcB I know of 1 guy in our community who has run Red Deer, unfortunately he is away on a extended South Pacific vacation (close to Orphia & emmab0902) with his famdamily and won't be back until early April so I can't ask him any questions. The only concern I can see looking at the course map is there are a few 120-280 degree turns which can really slow you down. I remember people talking about that from Kelowna.

Swim club tonight so no running to report.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @dpwellman I LOVE that medal rack! Did you make it yourself???
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    10/03 - 30 min- 3.75 mile increased speed run, followed with Interval & Shoulder workout

exercise.png
    Coming up:
    • 10/03 - 10K Run The Solar System (thanks for the tip)
    • 11/03 - TM Half Marathon (plugged in the MK HM route - attempt 1 :) )
    • 01/05 - Milton Keynes HM
    • 02/09 - Bedford HM
  • 07KatieP13
    07KatieP13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Date,,,,,,,,Miles,,,,,,,,Total
    1/3,,,,,,,,,,,,,4.1,,,,,,,,,,,,,4.1
    2/3,,,,,,,,,,,,,4.0,,,,,,,,,,,,,8.1
    3/3,,,,,,,,,,,,Rest,,,,,,,,,,,8.1
    4/3,,,,,,,,,,,,Rest,,,,,,,,,,,8.1
    5/3,,,,,,,,,,,,Rest,,,,,,,,,,,8.1
    6/3,,,,,,,,,,,,,7.1,,,,,,,,,,,,15.2
    7/3,,,,,,,,,,,,Rest,,,,,,,,,,15.2
    8/3,,,,,,,,,,,,,4.3,,,,,,,,,,,,19.5
    9/3,,,,,,,,,,,,Rest,,,,,,,,,,19.5
    10/3,,,,,,,,,,4.0,,,,,,,,,,,,23.5

exercise.png
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB I didn't make it. Was a birthday gift.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Great to hear it went well @MNLittleFinn!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Great to hear it went well @MNLittleFinn!

Thanks dude. It's good to see you running again!
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @snowyne Have you considered immunotherapy? I did it and started to see results within just a few months of the course; in all, I did two years of it, and now I don't use allergy pills at all unless high winds are blowing pollen in from miles away (the immunotherapy I took just treated for local pollens).
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @ko4q Absolutely nothing wrong with treating yourself every now and again!
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    @snowyne Have you considered immunotherapy? I did it and started to see results within just a few months of the course; in all, I did two years of it, and now I don't use allergy pills at all unless high winds are blowing pollen in from miles away (the immunotherapy I took just treated for local pollens).

@garygse - I've considered it, but haven't followed through. Just laziness on my part! You've prompted me to think about it again, though and I'm glad to hear it's been so effective for you. Now that I've started running, I really need to get my allergies under control. I'm pretty certain my biggest trigger is grass...as soon as it starts to grow in early spring, my head explodes. I take a Zyrtec every day, spring-early fall.