March 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Went over my training plan (revised) and it looks like I MIGHT be able to squeak out 100 miles this month.....down 80 from the original plan, but, well, that's what happens with injury/illness/recovery. Next month looks pretty normal though.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    Anyone know of any virtual races with bling?

I've done 8 HMs and only got bling for one of them, but I think I might like to get something as a memento for the 30 km I'm planning to do on my own soon.

Do you like pie? No, not that pie, the 3.14.... kind of pi.

https://pi5k.com/

You intentionally got my hopes up Stan. I thought​ we all were having pie! Maybe there pie at the finish line?

I aim to please.
    Is it fitness pie?

Only if it is fitness pizza pie.

'ey youse, this ain't Chicago! Or Jersey. Haha!!!

You ever hear za referred to as pie in the south? Confuses 'em!

Oh yeah. I very regularly walk into a pizza place down here in Alabama and they ask me want I want, and I answer, "I like to order a pie." They give me this blank stare for 5 seconds till I say, "a pizza pie".

@ddmom0811 I am so sorry about your friend and glad she will be OK.

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Well, I'd say my area got about six inches of lake effect snow last night. I definitely had a lot to brush off my car before leaving for work. Looks like another dreadmill run for me tonight.

Luckily the temps will get into the 40s again by the weekend so that snow should melt enough to do my usual weekend runs outdoors.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    @chichidachimp you don't have headlamp nor visibility vest?
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @HRKinchen another way of looking at it. if I'm being socail, I'm jogging, if I'm training or running more "seriously" I'm running, so for me running vs. jogging is situational.
  • HRKinchen
    HRKinchen Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @HRKinchen another way of looking at it. if I'm being socail, I'm jogging, if I'm training or running more "seriously" I'm running, so for me running vs. jogging is situational.

In that light, I'm always a runner. At least, so far.