WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,832 Member
    Options
    well found out my poor aunt had a severe vertigo attack and is in ICU.. this is the one who's husband just passed yesterday.. she is talking and feeling a bit better..
    I am tired because I woke up at 3:30
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm back. Got home around 3. Actually, got home around 2 but while we were dress shopping I showed Denise one of the dresses that I'm comfortable in and she really liked it (it also is the most expensive <sigh> but she wanted to see a pic of me in it. So I went to the store and had them take a pic. Now I leave it up to her. I did find out that Vince is going to be in a gray tux. Pete mentioned that he had a black tux so I assumed that all the guys were wearing black.

Did about 15 minutes of yoga today. Jess left for work at 7 so I didn't think it right for me to stay there until Colby got up so I left.

Loved all the pics

Welcome coastalgosgal....lol

Beth - congrats on the auction

Heather - (((HUG))). We all would go so far out of our way for you

Karen - look at Olivia!!!

There is a Keurig at the Green Room and I only use it to make tea. I'm not a coffee drinker. Out of one pod I can usually get 3 cups

Kim - tell Sherry that good thoughts are coming from NC

Lenora - you'll love the movie. I did

Keeping Mia in my thoughts

DJ - no, Denise doesn't realize how she hurts me. I was HOPING that by her being in Kennett Square and close to Pete's mom that she'd help Denise mature. But that didn't happen. We did go to see the place where she's having the wedding. Seems she's paid them $4,000. Now I know we've only paid $2500. I'm suspecting that Pete's mother is paying. I'd really like to find out. They gave Denise copies of all her payments and she wouldn't let me see them (what's to hide???)

Colby helped me re-download a navigation app. The one that's in my car is good for long trips, but I'm thinking this one might be better for shorter trips. When I went to one bridal shop in Charlotte, the place was so new that it wasn't even in my GPS! It will be in this app.

Welcome everyone new!

Alison - my deepest sympathies. Hope your aunt gets better real fast

Michele in NC who is glad to be home
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Oops...forgot this

Charleen - you always make such gorgeous quilts, and Drama Queen is no different
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,745 Member
    Options
    Floyd
    qeeavwflsk5t.jpg
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    KAREN - you noticed my deliberate mistake (not) LOL

Kate UK
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »

Kate UK

Lol. Nice try, Kate. <3
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    spikeyhair wrote: »

Kate UK

Lol. Nice try, Kate. <3

Only one typo wasn't bad though

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,102 Member
    Options
    Becca a carrier lotion is a lotion you add to the essential oils. Instead of a lotion I like to use coconut or almond oil. Some use an unscented lotion you buy. If you have a favorite unscented lotion you add the oils to them.

I get my essential oils at a local co-op, at a grocery store called Byerly's, and I have found some a TJ Max, too. Tea tree you can find at Target and Walgreen"s. Target occasionally carries some like lavender, but it is hit and miss. I have learned that one way to check quality is to see if the Latin name is on the label. If you buy an organic version it will cost more just like when you buy organic produce. I have also seen them online, but I have yet to buy them that way. I like to smell them before I buy. Often where they are sold they have testers. TJ Max does not, but they are cheaper there. What they carry is also hit and miss. Aldi's just sold some, but they sold out quickly because of their price.

:heart: Margaret
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Accountability Post
    March Goals
    Sunday's Progress (3/26)
    1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B0, L65, D34 = 99)
    2. Fiber 30g (19g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes. (Got 15min)
    ✔6. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter: ✔Office Supplies, Electronics, ✔Music, Craft Supplies, Cleaning Supplies, ✔Utility Drawer, Utility Closet

Sunday was a day trip day. Drove 5-6 hours.

Today was my Monday weigh-in day. Gained 4.6 lbs. Not happy with the scale. Putting that bït¢h in a corner until she apologizes. ;-) But, actually there are a few factors contributing:
    • I'm retaining food... had a couple of binge episodes - I'm working on a way to curtail those.
    • I'm retaining fluid... traveling in a car tends to make me retain more fluids... so I'm drinking lots of water today.
    • Fell asleep without my CPAP mask last night and that can affect my weight too. Though not sure how much one night would contribute.

I'm hopeful I'll be able to reverse this quickly this week. We'll see.

Going to work my plan this week. Moving forward....
    --Ginger in Texas
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Charleen2 wrote: »
    Rori - Since you asked, here is a picture of Drama Queen in her early assembly. The larger parts are not sewn together yet, that will have to wait until more units are made. In this photo she is behaving but that last tantrum was a doosy. We have a long way to go, she will grow up to be almost king size. The photo is just the center of the quilt.

We compromised...I insisted on certain colors and she made it so I had to buy more fabric to get my colorway. Sigh. I wish my quilts would just be like other normal quilts.

wcc3853wsvgf.jpg

Charleen in Colorado (The white squiggles are basted thread matching points)

Absolutely stunning!
  • grogers511
    Options
    I use lavender essential oils in my bath - along with Epsom salt. I bought lemongrass and lemon essential oils to add to my home made cleaners. Just to try it out. I make a general all-purpose cleaner and a laminate floor cleaner. I haven't made a new batch if cleaners yet - but I will this week. Time to do my refills....

I buy them on Amazon.

-- Ginger in Texas
  • grogers511
    Options
    Charlene - love the quilt. I'll have to show it to my mother. She loves looking at quilt patterns.

Drama Queen - great name!
    -- Ginger in Texas
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Charlotte from Western Australia - Some with weight to loose, some are maintaining. I need to loose another 98 lbs. Even have a few quilters in this group. Welcome.

Charleen - OMG that Drama Queen is gorgeous. You are so talented and patient. Can hardly wait to see the finished quilt.

Kelly & Lanette - I make a bug spray from purchased essential oils and witch hazel. I works great for mosquitos and black flys, which we have in abundance. 1small bottle of witch hazel, 1/2 tsp lemongrass oil, 1/2 tsp eucalyptus oil, and 1/2 tsp of citronella. Combine in a spray bottle and shake before using. Tea tree oil works wonders against head lice. My daughter mixes 1 tsp in a spray bottle with 1 1/2 cups of water. She sprays the kids hair every morning before they go to school.

Allie - Sorry about your uncle.

Hugs to everyone. Have a great day.

Paula Y
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Oh Rita / so sorry for your bad luck with the scammer. People are so evil. I think they prey on older people.
    Charleen - wow, looks like another winner.

Do any of you wear compression stockings? I bought a pair of thigh high stockings this morning. I wAs measured and fitted at a local pharmacy. The left leg fits good but the right one rolls down at the top. Don't think I can handle that for a 13+hour flight. Any suggestions. I Also need to get "donning gloves" as those suckers cost almost $40.

Re- you are wise to reflect on what has worked for you and go back to that. I have faith in you. Never, ever give up.
    Better go get something ready for dinner. Have a wonderful evening.
    SueBDew in TX
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am loving all the discussion about essential oils. I am learning a lot and getting inspired. The only things I can add are that I have noticed that my peppermint soap seems to make me less attractive to mosquitoes and other insects, and that toenail fungus yields to application of Vick's Vaporub on the cuticle area but must be applied nightly for many many weeks while the infected toenail grows out.

Rita, so sorry you got scammed. That's a shame. I wish there was a way to catch that person that took advantage of you.

Re You're working it, girl. You will succeed because you are so persistent and honest. You are an inspiration.

Karen in Virginia
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,438 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Rita, so sorry that scammer got you. Did you report it to the police? Even tho he might not live locally it doesn't hurt to file a police report. We nearly got taken by one several years ago when DH was selling a car engine on Ebay. I can't recall the particulars, it started out OK then started to turn "funny" so we cancelled the deal. They are always coming up with new stories. I can think of several nasty diseases and accidents that would be too good for that scoundrel .

Yes, this essential oil discussion is great. Karen, thanks for the tip about Vicks - I'll pass it along to DH. And Paula, great "recipe" for bug sprays, I like the idea of witch hazel. Margaret, you were a wealth of information! Ginger, great idea putting essential oil in the bath and cleaners. Keep those tips coming gals!

Katla, sorry you are feeling under the weather. "Happy Trails" - Roy Rogers and Dale Evans = one of my favorite childhood memories as well.

Charleen, that quilt top is stunning!!

Re, glad you popped in. Changing up your calorie goals sounds like a good way to shake things up a bit.

Heather, I downloaded "Mothering Sunday" - maybe if I get a lot of books to read the weather will turn sunny!

Becca, that is one gourmet meal! Yummy! Gorgeous plate ;)

Welcome newbies, keep coming back and join in.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,745 Member
    Options
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Way too far behind, so I just read the posts! I hate it when I can't check the site during the day.