Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Yvonne in TX - wrote "Janet and other coffee drinkers - I'm curious, do you log your coffee? The only thing I log as water intake is water or herbal tea."

I really don't count the coffee. At my doctor visit a couple of weeks ago she said drinking 2-3 cups of green tea daily was good for releasing fat from the fat cells so I have been including that. I drink two quarts of water daily, so I really don't have to worry about getting my liquids in.

Janetr OKC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    qfyac69m828v.jpg
    Happy Tuesday Y'all!!
    My first cup of coffee without any sugar. Today will be interesting! I have already messed up and chose syrup instead of honey, when I was making some BlackBerry compote to put on my waffle. Aaack!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,837 Member
    Options
    Cheri- Lovely afghans! Were you the one that made the temperature afghan last year? So many talented women!
    Janet- Yea! Mia's home! I think I knew that, but I must have forgotten.
    Michelle- "Smart" technology is sometimes not so smart. Your statement about not wanting people to know when and where (what restaurant) you are eating at reminded me; my DOS had to go into his phone settings and turn off the "location" setting because it notifies people on facebook of where you are if you log on while you are out. He had a young woman stalking him and his smart phone settings were making it very easy for her to find him.
    Well, my weight has stayed the same this month. I guess that is okay. The same is better than up. I made my lunch today with leftovers and it tasted so good, I was afraid of how the calories were going to add up when I entered them. Whew! It actually wasn't that bad. I had a four ounce bnls chicken breast (leftovers) and I made five raviolis using five wonton wrappers and I stuffed them with mushroom, sundried tomato and feta. Then I topped the raviolis with the leftover mushroom, sundried tomato and feta and a bit of basil. It was yummy. All the kids napped which meant I got to eat my food while it was hot! That, in itself, is a reason to rejoice! All in all only 352 calories. ttfn KJ
  • coastalgosgal
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Cheri. Such glorious afghans!!! Love the bright colors!!
    Becca
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,837 Member
    Options
    Becca- Hello Gorgeous! Love your coffee mug! And please, every time I see the words "Hello Gorgeous" I have to say it in my best Barbara Streisand voice. Can't remember what movie she said that in...Funny Girl maybe?
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Heehee. I know Billy Crystals persona said it" hello gorgeous, you look muuuavalos!!!!
  • coastalgosgal
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Chris. Could I share some of your quilt pics to my sister on Facebook? Asking permission first.
    Becca
    Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    6p9bxnigqomg.jpg

Cute pic of my son! Over a 5 year span I think. He looks more settled with life, smiling with his whole face!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    bum0klyx9qtl.jpg
    This is what I let him do his Senior year of high school! Piercings called "snake bites". They were out before he went into the Navy! That was the deal!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    e54ducwn6pw4.jpg

Me, way back in 2011! I was tan, slimmer, but not happy! My husband was getting sicker and sicker. My life was pretty much out of control.

d9txem2rdqqu.jpg

The whole pic. It was our middle son's graduation.
    Found this pic in my sons Facebook pics. This is a prime example how smiles don't reflect what is in your heart or head.

Becca
    Oregon
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    Yvonne I am not sure if campho phenique has tea tree in or not. I just remember my dad thinking it was a cure all and it has a strong smell like tea tree oil. It probably reminded him of the tea tree oil. Thinking about it just triggered that memory for me. It more than likely had camphor in it. ( a strong smell too)

:heart: Margaret
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Becca ~ Thanks for the picture treats. Yes, you do look very tan. I am glad that bad time in your life is better today.

We have walked the Pom 3 times today and he still has done his business. Hope I don't have to clean up a mess in the morning. I have read you should give them pumpkin when this happens but there is no way this spoiled pet will ingest that.

Carol in GA
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Margaret - my grandfather (WWI veteran) believed in campho-phenique. When I was 2 - I got into an ant bed and had bites on my feet and legs. Grandpa doctored me with campho-phenique. I swelled and bruised. Mom took me to doctor... they thought someone beat me. I was allergic to the camphor. Flash forward 20 years... I had a fever blister. Put campho-phenique on it and the blister spread across my lip and up my nose. I called my Mom... she said: THROW THAT STUFF AWAY! YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO IT! Now I know...

--Ginger in Texas
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Rita - so sorry you were scammed. I hate how the world has changed to make it harder to trust in the goodness and honesty of people. There have always been scammers - but with the internet and cell phones it's become much easier for them to reach more people.

There are scams where they pretend to be the IRS. Or a Windows Technician. YouTube has lots of videos where people play along with the scammers to waste their time or aggravate them.

In 2010 was scammed out of $70 for craft supplies I purchased online and never received. I paid with PayPal. The seller kept giving me excuses until the time ran out and it was too late to dispute through PayPal. I tried sending her payment requests through PayPal. I set up another email account and contacted her again as a different person - and she was very willing to fill my huge phony order. Right! I just wanted yo see if she was still scamming...I regret I didn't pursue it and take her to court or something. She disappeared off the internet for a while. But I see her on FB now. Pictures with her children and grandchildren. Think I'll reach out to her again to see if she'll make good on it.

Just checked the internet and see several complaints about her - one into 2012. Makes me angry when I think about it.

--Ginger in Texas
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    JanetOKC: I log my coffee & drink it black. It says that 5 cups are 12 calories. I doubt that all our cups are the same size, but it does give me a summary of what I'm consuming. I don't add creamer and my sweetener is stevia sweet drops unless I am travelling by air. I don't demand scientific level information on coffee calories as long as I'm not adding sugar. :noway:

Becca: I like the positive message on your coffee cup. :smiley: I love your family photos. :heart:

I have been cooped up too long. I'm feeling tired after doing nothing, and grumpy without provocation. It isn't nice outside, but I might take the dog for a walk anyway. I suspect it will make a difference in the right direction to improve my mood.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"Normally I'm quite normal . . ." The Gods Must be Crazy

• coastalgosgal
    Options
    My lunch is a repeat of last night's dinner. 1/2 cup rice-a-roni, walnuts, and 100 grams of fresh spinach, with 1/2 of a health bar.

23pl50now34a.jpg

Glad you enjoyed my family pics Katla, I sure do miss that boy!

Nursing a sugar detox headache! Grrrrr!

Becca
    Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Do you ladies mind if I post these plate photos? Helps me take notice what I eat.
    Becca
    Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Katla. We are hearty Oregonians! We shall get thru this season, and see Mr, Blue Skies! I have friends in CA where that darn heated orb seems to hang out. I have instructed them to talk with heated orb too come up and visit for Pete's Sake!! Heehee. Hope your walk lifted your mood! We love ya!

Becca
    Oregon