WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Lost my post :s

Re I agree with Lanette. Nothing ventured, nothin gained, get in there with your requirements by front loading them, nothing to lose by negotiating what would be better for you and if they say no, you've got your steady gig with better hours---your transformation pics are inspiring, especially the look of energy and happiness growing with each pic.

Beth sending good thoughts of strength to your dad and ((( <3 )))) to you

Big food drop off at the pantry today as I coordinated this year's drive at school. Don't think we did as well as last year, but I just didn't nag as much :( I know that is a calorie burn o:)

Ah well, freezing cold day today. Stay well everyone.

NYKAREN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,353 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Off in a minute for the train to London. Then I have to cross it on the tube and catch the train to Nottingham. :D
    Horrible rainy weather!
    Speak later.

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Press day, so short on time, but know that I love you all...

And Re: You're in the best possible position. You love the perks at your current job; they need to ENTICE you to leave it. You don't have to say those things--you just walk in with the knowledge that you are on the top of the power curve. It always shows in an interview if someone doesn't need that particular job, they're simply intrigued by what's offered. Puts your confidence levels high, and makes them want very much to have you on their staff. That's when the hard part comes, is deciding whether to take an offer or not. This stage is just fun. :)

Allie, my love: hang in there, don't assume the worst. If she's being hired as office manager, maybe she won't be breathing down your neck forcing you into constant movement just to keep from being fired. Hope for the best, honey... we're all hoping for you that it turns out well.

Lisa
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,801 Member
    Options
    I have to put it in the good Lord's hands ..But boy it's hard
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,706 Member
    Options
    ReRe- looking good, looking good
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Fighting the crud, again! Seasons are changing and spring allergies are kicking in. Blah.
    Allie-thinking of you and sending good thoughts/vibes. New situations at work are so hard; but as the others have said, hopefully the new o.m. is not there with her sights set on you and your job. Just keep your chin up, do the great job you always do with your wonderful personality!
    Kim- So great to see your posts again! I hear you on the insurance woes. With my dh's job soon to be a memory and no insurance from my own daycare business, we have started looking at insurance and have been stunned by the costs. $900/month for the two of us is the least expensive I have found (and the coverage is less than what we currently have)! Yikes!
    Lisa-I always love to read your posts! Your poem was lovely and your advice to the rest of us spot on. Thinking of you as you head for your next adventure and say goodbye to the presses!
    Rita- So excited for you as you begin your RV adventures!
    Re- Lots to consider! $10-$15K is a lot to consider; but all the money in the world isn't enough if you don't like where you are. You look amazing and you should be proud of the work you have done to get there!
    Rori-I say, if you feel good, it's good! Go with it!
    Gloria and Beth- Thinking of you both as you manage family health issues! <3

I haven't had time to take the MB test, yet. I would be interested to know where I fit in the results. For instance: I have been home now for four days and I am finding "things" that my hubby did while I was gone (like laundry, dishes, basic cleaning) and as I come across things, I constantly wonder about the state of his mind that would tell him that putting something in a certain place is okay, or folding things the way he does (who does that?), he used how many dryer sheets per load of laundry? Why? Then I wonder what it says about me that these things irritate me... B)
    Ah well, another day. Kids arriving. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,091 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Thanks for all the prayers and support.

Sharon love the title of the book Extreme Self Care.

(((Allie)))

Gloria prayers.

Lisa good luck today with paper,

:heart: Margaret
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    I have to put it in the good Lord's hands ..But boy it's hard

:) I read somewhere that there should be one more Commandment "Thou shalt not fret". Just show up at work with a smile on your face, a willingness to be useful, and stay in the moment.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Gloria - prayers for you and DGS. (((Hugs)))

Re- fantastic transformation! You do look happier with every pound loss!

Lisa- looking forward to hearing about your next big adventure.

Allie - maybe she will be a great office manager and a help for you. She would be if she did her job correctly.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Re - Beautiful pic, you go girl!! And about the job offer - I agree with Lanette.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    ieqcnyszgevg.jpg
    Rocky
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    ieqcnyszgevg.jpg
    Rocky

Good morning Rocky... no you can stay on the bed and just have a "jammie" day :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    BR-1X5X 75

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 3
    Russian kettle bell swing-10X7X 35

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    Nicer weather today! I am going to take 2-2 mile walk today. Just getting ready to go on the first of my 2 mile walks today.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Lilymay2 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    ieqcnyszgevg.jpg
    Rocky

Good morning Rocky... no you can stay on the bed and just have a "jammie" day :)

:smile: unfortunately, my first born rocky is up in heaven having his jammie day... oh how i could wish i could have one more day with him. this pic was taken when he couldn't go upstairs anymore and i was sleeping downstairs with him.
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy Goof Off Day, World Water Day, and As Young As You Feel Day!

Heather - I'm OK with peanut butter and hummus, but I'm hoping the produce boxes will lean more toward the hummus since we generally have peanut butter on hand. If not, they have a more customizable box and I might switch to that.

Re - Loved the photo montage. You look beautiful!

Lois - The high insurance deductibles wouldn't be so bad if the monthly premiums were reasonable. At over $1100 a month for insurance for two non-smoking, basically healthy individuals, there's not much left over to save toward medical expenses.

Jolene - Glad to hear your boss found a way to sweeten the pot for that job!

Another option for those looking for medical care would be to see if you have a community health center near you. You can check here: https://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/
    These clinics receive federal funding and are mandated to serve everyone regardless of ability to pay. They're a highly efficient model for health care delivery. CHCs offer sliding fee discounts depending on your household income for anyone with income up to 200% of the federal poverty guideline. If you have insurance they'll take it, and if you don't they'll generally work with you. The quality of care should be the same wherever you go, but some CHCs struggle to make ends meet and make do with older, more rundown facilities. Others have enough local population and diversity in their patient base to support very nice facilites. It's worth checking out.

I broke the exercise drought yesterday with half an hour on the Nordic Track. Today someone on NextDoor posted about a lost dog just a few blocks from where I live, so I think today's exercise will be taking a walk to see if I can help find the little guy. Best to enjoy outdoor activities while I still can, as it's already starting to get uncomfortably warm.

I'm lifting up everyone who is struggling with jobs, illness, or other worries.

-Yvonne in TX