WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((Hugs for all who are hurting both mentally and physically)))

I kept the 5 yr old GD and 7 yr old GS after their dad left for work Tuesday. It was only 2 hours, but, I guess I'm too old for this cause I was so tired. Kelly, I don't see how you do it. Took them for ice cream at their favorite place and then came home to wait form mom to get out of school. They fought over what they would watch on tv and then over closing down their dad's laptop. I was so afraid they were going to destroy the lap top that I lost it and yelled at them. They looked at me with astonishment. I was embarrassed and had to soothe over hurt feelings. Their mom is so good with them. She can quietly talk to them (especially the boy) and they straighten up.

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: With super saturated soils, landslides are all too likely and very dangerous. Only a few years ago an entire Washington town was wiped away by a landslide. Our little town was built on basalt. There is a hillside behind us that is basalt so we aren't very worried it will slide down on us. Our place is not so sturdy. It was built on fill as near as I can tell. :ohwell:

Karen in VA: Pup-tent living has no appeal for me. I'm not fond of tent living or sleeping on the ground. Retirement is another matter. It is quite lovely. We spent several summers living aboard our boat. I will always treasure them. I'd do it again, but DH won't & we'll likely sell the boat this year. :sad: Our electric teakettle is a Sunbeam and we got it as a wedding present. It still works great, 47 years later. I'll admit we don't use it frequently. :smiley:

Re: You're making excellent progress!!!!! WTG! I have no advice about the possible job change except to say that it won't hurt you to talk to the man, especially since you already know and like him. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: I'm glad Jake will soon be home. :bigsmile:

Becky NY: I can easily understand your sadness with your mother's passing. Mine died from cigarette smoking. She was a lifelong smoker and smoked one after another. Emphysema is horrible. I am sorry for your loss. :flowerforyou:

Beth: I'm adding my prayers and good wishes for your dad & your family. :heart:

Lenora & Allie: (((HUGS)))

Pip: Thinking of Rocky in Heaven. We have some wonderful fur babies there, too. :heart:

I plan to go to yoga today. I'm looking forward to it. I haven't been as regular as I'd like to be for weeks due to DH's eye surgeries and medical appointments. He's worth it. :heart:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    <3 Heather
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Heather, Kate, Sharon, and others in the UK Watching the television concerning the situation at UK Parliament and Westminster Bridge. It's horrendous. I'm so sorry.

Gloria The rhythm is called sinus arrhythmia, but it doesn't have anything to do with sinuses. Just with breathing. The sinus alluded to is a pacemaker in the heart (sinoatrial node). Sorry, didn't mean to be confusing.

Karen in Virginia

p.s. Happy Birthday Lenora!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Feeling like I am a turtle today!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    LENORA ~ Happy Birthday!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Lenora- Happy Birthday! Have a great day Celebrating!
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Lenora!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LENORA (insert birthday cake emoji here)

Becca its okay to be a turtle sometime!

NYKAREN
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Going to check in more often and not get too far behind again...... famous last words! I am going to have lunch with my friend. She wants to go to Mimi's Cafe. Fine by me. I have my salad planned out and will enjoy a muffin guilt free. Planned the rest of my day to stay under calories and still under 120 total carbs for the day. Now I need to stick to it. Forgot to mention that my study group finished our course on forensic investigation and have begun one on the National Parks. Mondays lectures were about Yellowstone. I have never been there but have always wanted to see it. The other ladies in my group are well traveled and have seen it. The lectures included a great deal about the geologic features and what caused the park to develop. Very interesting.

Lisa- I loved the poem about your mom. I can tell she was a very special lady.

Heather - Enjoy your outing!

Allie - Hang in there.

Pip - awww Rocky in Heaven with my beloved Pip! Hope he gets along with kitties.

Jolene - We must live close to each other because I experience that strange dark storm yesterday, too. Woke up from a nap and thought I'd slept til 7:00!

Toni in Tennessee

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    Hope Heather is safe terror attack in London....
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Oops forgot to say

Yeah, Leigh! You are doing great on your path to healthy!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I forgot Heather was off to Nottingham via London today. Tubes are closed on several lines due to the terrorist attack at UK Parliament and Westminster Bridge. Hope you are safe, Heather. <3

Karen in Virginia
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Accountability Post
    March Goals
    Tuesday's Progress (3/21)
    ✔1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B5, L15, D25, MS5, AS13, BBS8= 71g)
    ✔2. Fiber 30g (29g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    ✔5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes.
    ✔6. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter: ✔Office Supplies, Electronics, Music, Craft Supplies, Cleaning Supplies, ✔Utility Drawer, Utility Closet

• Declutter -Got utility drawer done.

Busy day planned. Wish a great day for you all.

Prayers for London. <3
    --Ginger in Texas
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Been out most of the day and only just put SkyNews on horrendous attack hope Heather is OK
    I suppose it was only a matter of time before London was hit again

Kate UK
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,060 Member
    Options
    Heather prayers for London

Lenora Happy Birthday!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Didn't attend my TOPS meeting. Just didn't feel like going. One of those days. Tomorrow shall be better! Sometimes I just can't do this. Hmm I need summer is what I need!
    Becca
    Blue in beautiful Oregon
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Re, you look fantastic. I know you have to feel good. On the job front, that is a hard one. That kind of money is hard to turn down if it’s a job you think you’d like. If you put most of the extra away from now until you retire that would go a long way on helping you be very comfortable and being able to do extra things. Perhaps you have a great retirement plan going and that’s not something that is important. All I can say is once you get my age you don’t have many options on getting extra money if you want/need it for things.

Gloria, glad the doc didn’t find a problem with Zac, so hopefully the Cardiologist won’t either. Definitely better safe than sorry. That is good to know your program would cover a knee/hip replacement. Good luck searching for a new job. There seems to be a lot more part time than full time around here so I hope it’s an easy search.

Rori, even though you may have picked up a pound it’s great to have the body say otherwise. Go girl!

Becky, I really commend you for adopting your daughter. It’s a challenge at an advanced age and especially one with issues. (Not that all teenagers don’t have issues.)

Beth, I hope you take the time to take a breath. My heart goes out to you hearing that everything happens at once. When your son’s care giver is a no show do they ever come back or what is the deal? I can’t imagine anyone doing that other than if they had an emergency. (((Hugs))) Prayers for your Dad.

Lois, TEN INCHES in the waist???? Wow, woman!! That is terrific. Keep up the great work.

Sharon, your DD has a beautiful family. You should be proud.

Allie, so sorry you don’t have support from the home front but please know our support is real and we are with you all the way. (((Hugs)))

Kelly, I laughed at you talking about the way your DH did certain things in your absence. Sometimes I just shake my head at things my DH does when he knows that “I do them this way!” Then I stop and think, at least he did put it up or do so n so. What is it about us? LOL

Lillian, don’t you wonder where these hubbies think the meals, clean clothes, clean house, etc. comes from if we do nothing but sit in front of a computer all day.

Jolene, great news on that job suddenly going up a few pay grades. Good for you if you decide to take it.

CarolGA, I think I’d probably be the same way with young children at this point in my life. I do wish I had some grandchildren to find out. I know my DH would have been the best Grandfather in the world. He has always had a way with kids. When our DD was 2 or 3, he was so popular with the neighborhood kids that one day a little boy knocked on the back door and asked if D.D.’s Dad could come out to play. (My dear daughter’s name happens to be D.D.)

Katla, how are your DH’s eyes doing? I hope all is good.

Becca, it must be something in the air because my DD is a bit blue in Oregon. New day ahead.

I hadn’t see the news but hope we hear from Heather soon.
    pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I thought I was going to have to take my friend t get her car at the dealership but they finished before the shuttle was finished and took care of it. I was glad because it was going to make me rush to get to the Moose lodge on time to help sell raffle tickets. I’m leaving early to go deposit money in the bank for my friend who’s car we sold. Even though we got a certified bank check for the car, my bank put a 24 hour hold on it before we could take out the whole amount. Go figure. The buyer made it out to my DH.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you. Wishing you all the best that things can be.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC