"You can eat whaver you want, as long as you eat at a deficit" is true, but it's garbage advice.

Options

Replies

• CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    ccsernica wrote: »
    While I know I can have french fries whenever I want, I have only ordered them ONCE since July of 2018.
    OMG YOU'RE FROM THE FUTURE!!1!

Do you happen to know the winning Powerball numbers for next week? Not asking for any particular reason; just curious.

Lol!! I meant 2016. That is funny. I must need to eat more (haha), my brain isn't working. :)
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I can fit 1/2 of a large, thin crust ham and pineapple pizza into my daily calories relatively easily, so why shouldn't I?
    Because pineapple shouldn't be anywhere near a pizza... :tongue:

You can't be Australian to say something so rediculous
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    dania201 wrote: »
    I'm not an expert at weight loss or anything, but I do think that you need to let people have some lee-way to eat the things they need to get by, honestly

Not everyone can be a kale freak all the time lol

I made homemade pizza last night and decided to add kale to see what it would be like. I actually enjoyed the flavour and liked the fact that there was more colour. Surprising on what you experiment with when you are trying to hit nutritional goals. Today's experiment was scrambled eggs with tuna.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I've found it truly remarkable how my palate has changed over the last three months since I changed some habits:

I used to be a sugar junkie. Now I enjoy stevia and cinnamon in my coffee.
    I used to eat too much ice cream. Now I enjoy plain greek yogurt with blueberries - a lot!
    I used to drink soda with dinner. Now I prefer plain water.
    Rice, pasta, or bread were once the highlight of every meal. Now I crave vegetables and green smoothies.

I agree that telling all people, "Eat whatever you want but stay within your calorie limit" is not always the best advice, especially for those who feel overeating is an overwhelming problem for them, and particularly for those who have a health problem relating to their food choices. These people (like me) need someone to offer them hope that a diet of healthful foods can taste good, be satisfying and be sustainable.

The exceptions to the rule don't necessarily need to become the rule.
  • SpotLighttt
    SpotLighttt Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I agree

I love pizza, and cannot restrict myself to a slice.
    Almost always I will go over my calories but then I balance it out over the week.

So in essence I do agree with you OP but I found my way around it as I refuse to give up pizza, burgers, cakes etc
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    certainly if you binge all your calories in crappy food you wont be eating much and you will be hungry. but using your spare calories for a slice of pizza or a chocolate bar every now and then is crucial to not falling off the wagon and binging all over again.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I can fit 1/2 of a large, thin crust ham and pineapple pizza into my daily calories relatively easily, so why shouldn't I?
    Because pineapple shouldn't be anywhere near a pizza... :tongue:

You can't be Australian to say something so rediculous

Pineapple on pizza *sigh* I have enough calories left to eat this right now :smile:
This discussion has been closed.