What's the pettiest reason that would make you stop dating someone?

Options

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    there are moments when I consider divorcing my husband because I find the way he sneezes annoying

Not petty, do it
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    After dinner they ask for the leftovers to take home to their husband.

Now you’re just being fussy. I love when people aren’t wasteful!
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, I tend to be very selective when it comes to things in relationships. If I don't like something, for whatever reason, chances are it is over. It can be really anything.
  • YogiJear
    YogiJear Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Petty reason? I once stopped talking to someone I was seeing because they didn't know Africa was a continent. They thought it was a country.

giphy.gif
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I once broke up with a guy because he had a deeper and more fulfilling relationship (for him) with comic books than with me. I like comic books... they're cool to read on a weekend, but he was OBSESSED. His entire day revolved around them. All his conversation revolved around them. He chose to not have a job and move back in with his parents because he wanted to 'focus on his comics'.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    If they're not as supportive of me in my sport as I am of their goals/passions. I have an ex who's an ex for that reason.

I don't need them at every event, but if you have every weekend off, and nothing planned, then ya, come join me once in awhile, especially if I'm attending your events with you. Just being okay with me doing my thing (exclusively and never coming with) I'm just not okay with. I want someone who's as involved in my life as I am theirs.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Bad voice. If I can't listen to you talk it wouldn't last very long.
  • juliedesabrais
    juliedesabrais Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Well I didn’t date this guy long term but we went on a few dates. He was always just.... awkward. Handsome guy, professional hockey player but he was WEIRD. Our last date he kept leaning over and I thought he was gonna caress my face.. nope. My EARS. He liked my ears. A lot. Wouldn’t stop touching my ears. I told him to stop, and he’d just giggle. I went home after 5 minutes and never talked to him again.
  • Renegade770
    Renegade770 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Well I didn’t date this guy long term but we went on a few dates. He was always just.... awkward. Handsome guy, professional hockey player but he was WEIRD. Our last date he kept leaning over and I thought he was gonna caress my face.. nope. My EARS. He liked my ears. A lot. Wouldn’t stop touching my ears. I told him to stop, and he’d just giggle. I went home after 5 minutes and never talked to him again.

Im sure your ears are cute but all the sexy curves on you it's your ears he gets obsessed with? lol Hockey might have gave him one concussion to many!
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    I stopped talking to someone because they didn't agree with my on what we'd call a group of octopus.

This sounds about right.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    If they're not as supportive of me in my sport as I am of their goals/passions. I have an ex who's an ex for that reason.

I don't need them at every event, but if you have every weekend off, and nothing planned, then ya, come join me once in awhile, especially if I'm attending your events with you. Just being okay with me doing my thing (exclusively and never coming with) I'm just not okay with. I want someone who's as involved in my life as I am theirs.

Exactly how it should be. Don't have to participate, but should be supportive and help out because you want to be there with them.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    If he spent more time getting ready than I did. Id be kinda freaked out by that.

I find this scenario highly unlikely.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    He couldn't read my mind. I actually had to tell him how I felt. He had to go

Said every woman ever....
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    She was *kitten* another dude. I mean a guy has to have his limits.
  • Ohheyits_Sami
    Ohheyits_Sami Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's not going to work for us on any level if you don't love animals, especially dogs. I've been called petty for this lol
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Our second date he was wearing a sweater and it was warm in the restaurant so he slipped it off. And the shirt under was old and had holes in it. Figured if he couldn't be bothered to wear decent clothes on a second date, he wasn't going to bother with any real romance, and honestly was probably just looking for a mother for his two year old.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    Momepro wrote: »
    Our second date he was wearing a sweater and it was warm in the restaurant so he slipped it off. And the shirt under was old and had holes in it. Figured if he couldn't be bothered to wear decent clothes on a second date, he wasn't going to bother with any real romance, and honestly was probably just looking for a mother for his two year old.

This is logical. And reasonable. I hope you told him exactly why. Or not. Good on you for this level of thought though.
  • MySweetLavinia
    MySweetLavinia Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I would dump someone who shaved their head, unless it was done for a medical reason. I prefer long hair on men and women both, nothing catches my eye faster (except a nice booty I guess).

I would also dump anyone who did not like cats and animals in general. I'm not sure that's petty though since I have pets.