What's the pettiest reason that would make you stop dating someone?

Options

Replies

• MySweetLavinia
    MySweetLavinia Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Two Lavinias in a row! You don't see that very often :D
  • MySweetLavinia
    MySweetLavinia Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    We have a lot in common, that really is cool!
  • Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    She wouldn’t put the toilet seat up
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    -Poor/nonexistent hygiene/dress code
    -Huge difference in/lack of morals (I’m a decent Christian and, according to my moral code, you need to be one too)
    -Hits me then lies/tries to disguise it as a love pat (no, precious. Smacking someone in the kitten when you know that there’s a wound down there is domestic violence. Go see an anger management shrink and maybe turn yourself in to the police before I do it for you, please and thank you.)
  • francisolorunfunmi
    Options
    Lol so many of these don't make sense. They had these features before you dated them so why break it off
  • Lipstick_n_lunges
    Lipstick_n_lunges Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Leaving toenail clippings on the floor
  • cacaozimha24
    cacaozimha24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The voice a man with girly voice is awful
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I always break up with a girl right before Valentine's Day, her birthday and Christmas, so I don't have to buy her a gift.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    He listens to country music. :s
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »

Just threw up in my mouth a little
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    jenilla1 wrote: »

Just threw up in my mouth a little

I would also strongly consider breaking up with someone if she threw up in my mouth.
  • TheRoadDog
    Options
    She smelled like soup. She smelled exactly like Campbell’s Beef Vegetable Soup.
  • TheRoadDog
    Options
    I took her out to eat. I said I wanted the salmon, she suggested I ordered a burger 'like a man'. I order the burger, but I never asked her out again.
  • spazztazztic
    spazztazztic Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was dumped for being too sarcastic....i actually laughed when he told me because i happen to love my sense of humor and someone who cant appreciate that just isnt right for me. He also made my life way easier because i was trying to find a nice way to dump him for being a wimp he was also most likely somewhere high up on the spectrum and a few of his quirks were just not things i could see myself handling long term.
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    -Poor/nonexistent hygiene/dress code
    -Huge difference in/lack of morals (I’m a decent Christian and, according to my moral code, you need to be one too)
    -Hits me then lies/tries to disguise it as a love pat (no, precious. Smacking someone in the kitten when you know that there’s a wound down there is domestic violence. Go see an anger management shrink and maybe turn yourself in to the police before I do it for you, please and thank you.)

These things aren't petty, they're actually extremely good reasons to leave someone.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Guys who are not funny. At all. Never, ever. Buh-bye! :kissing_closed_eyes:
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The pettiest reason I ended a relationship was that they used idioms incorrectly all the time. For example, she used "tomayto, tomahto" as a segue out of conversations constantly, even if it made no sense in context. It drove me crazy.

ETA: Or maybe the one I stopped talking to because they pushed my dog away, because my dog has stinky breath, that may be slightly more petty.