WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Janet ~ I can see why you are upset. Your niece is being very pushy and should understand that being there for your gd's graduation is more important. Also, can't understand why your sis would not call or message.

DJ ~ So happy for you. We are so lucky that I don't think our only child would ever venture away.

Meg ~ Happy Birthday!

Pip ~ Cute, Cute, Cute

Carol

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Janetr - (((HUG)))

dana - The ceramics we do are already made, we just have to paint them. I am not artistic enough to make something from scratch...lol Speaking of which, I always think about Sylvia and wonder how she's doing

orchidmother - I'm so sorry you're in such pain. We have a very good friend who has terrific back pain. He's on REALLY heavy duty meds. I really hope that trial works for you. when our friend takes his meds, he says he's "zombie Ken"

Renee - I stuff my stuffed cabbages, too. And I mean I really stuff them. One question, is there a trick to getting the rib out of the cabbage piece?

katla - I'm so glad the periods are gone, but the thing I don't like is the fact that it seems to take SO LONG to lose weight. And I have rolls of flab in places I never had it before

yvonne - I always look forward to your "happy xxx day" notes

DJ - when I go to ceramics tonight, I'm going to run the idea for the wedding gift by the gal who runs the ceramics place. See what she says. How wonderful that your dd is moving back!

Meg - happy birthday. Truly hope everything works out with the lawyer. You deserve a break

janetr - vent all you need to. Heaven knows, I've vented a lot about Pete's mom. I understand she asked Denise for Jess' phone number. No idea why she wanted it, I wonder if it has something to do with the bridal shower.

Heather - that was so nice of you to help those tourists out like you did. Congrats on the AF days!

Off to ceramics. My bee should be fired, but I won't post a pic until I have the antenna on.

Michele in NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Meg - Happy Birthday! Have a fun day Celebrating!

Janetr - I guess all I can say is that you missed their side of the conversation as far as why it was the niece that called you. I would just say sorry can't go. I think she does just really want you to be there.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,748 Member
    Options
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Janet, I know if Dear Abby heard some of the I'll mannered actions of some of our family members she would sputter in horror! So your sisters haven't actually haven't done any invites, just your niece? That's odd to say the least. Well friend try not to think or assume more into it, just let it go. Some relatives don't realize how I'll mannered they are, but we do. Sorry you are stressed about it. Know that we all love ya!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday. Why is it the weekends I am off fly by, But the weekends I work drag on? It was beautiful weather for our ride Saturday, When we got to Lincoln there were a couple hundred bikes. Even made it home Saturday evening in time for church. Then Sunday our granddaughter from Iowa was here for the night. She was on her way to Denver,CO for a summer intership. Really enjoyed the visit.

In the high 80’s again today. But refuse to turn the air on when next couple days to be in the 60’s. With a couple fans running not to bad in the house.

Lanette—I have a TENS unit and use it and I have good luck with it. Sure beats taking pills and after a couple days feel so much better.

Sue—Great NSV with the jeans.

Dana—Hugs! Sisters can be a PIA. I found out after my mom passed that my sister got her to change the will leaving everything to her. The 8 of the rest of us siblings got nothing. Still trying to deal with it as nothing I can do to change it.

Out of time for today so best sign off. Have a great evening. Blessings, Vicki Grand Island-NE
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Hay ladies. The wonderful southern Indiana sky is looking back at me through my beautiful windows. I have them open and totally enjoying the cool breeze. I have been having problems with my DirectV reciever box, it gets to hot and have to put a fan on it. If it gets really to hot, it completely shuts down until the temp gets below 50c, then it has to reset itself which takes a long time to do all the satellite recheck. We have had DirectV for quite a while. I called a couple of years ago to see if there was any upgrade I was due. I guess it's the person you talk to. She was going to offer me a sports pack. Not what I wanted. So I called today. first thing I did was call the tech department about the overheating. Their answer was to send me out a new receiver. Then I called the main line and asked about an upgrade. So I am getting a genie installed tomorrow. So I don't need the tech department sending me a new receiver. With the new one I can record 5 shows. I don't know how many of my favorite shows I have to choose from since I could only record 2. Problem solved. No charge for upgrade either in installing or monthly price or fees. Or so she said. So now I have to watch any shows I really wanted to watch before the current DVR receiver goes away. I had saved some shows just in case the grands may want to watch them.

OK, babbling Joyce in Indiana should just be quiet.
  • glitterng
    glitterng Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Daily: Vitamin D3, cinnamon, blood pressure support, krill oil, alpha lipoic acid (for back pain), and one full strength aspirin. Going to be adding some Holy Basil soon for stress. I have to take a Vitamin B-12 shot every month, and I take three Valerian capsules when I feel panicky. :)
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    :)
  • HealthyLifestyleG525
    HealthyLifestyleG525 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Michele – I wish there was but I don’t know of any. The last cabbage I bought had a really thick rib and it was too thick and tough IMHO but I looked at it as the opportunity to get more fiber in LOL! How long do you pre-boil the leaves before baking? Have fun at ceramics class.

Kate – I like the beach pictures (even the statue) – sounds like a lovely day.

Janetr – your mom was a real beauty! You probably have told your story already about your gastric bypass, but I’d love to hear more

Vicki – wow can’t believe your sister did that. That blows my mind!

Meg – Happy Birthday!! How old is DD#1? My DS#1 and #2 are the same exact way

DJ – Thanks for the tip, no I didn’t know that. I was like what is wrong with me, I can’t remember anything about who said what!!!

Becca – You rock! My goal is to get the house picked up enough to use the gift certificate I have for a cleaning service. I practically pre-clean before they come

Katla – how was yoga?

Regarding all of the talk on menopause and perimenopause I have no idea how close or far to those I am b/c I had an ablation done about 8 or 9 years ago. I hope I go through the change without being aware of it.

Off to take my stuff to Goodwill
    Renee in Chicagoland
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    :)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,441 Member
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    DH and I enjoyed our outing today, sunshine was lovely. Some photos below, this is Crosby Beach on Merseyside, we call the figures on the beach 'The Iron Men' the correct name for the sculptures is 'Another Place'

Hope the figure doesn't offend anyone. If you google Another Place Antony Gormley it explains what he had in mind.

Kate UK <3

Kate, what a beautiful day at the beach! And those sculptures - wow. I did google Gormley - there are 100 of those guys at 650 kilos each...I doubt many are stolen!

Thank you for sharing - and you look GREAT by the way! Did you say you were 49?

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

My Dear Daughter is home at last!!! I haven’t been able to stop hugging her and she is being patient with me. LOL She has let her hair go natural and it is such a beautiful color of grey. She just turned 46 and is premature like her mother was. very-excited-smiley-emoticon.gif

Meg, Happy Birthday!!!! Gee you don’t look any older. happy-birthday-trampoline-smiley-emoticon.gif

Janet#2, you know you can vent to us any time! Families can give us so much joy and so much grief. I do hope you will be able to let this go and not have it bother you for long. (((Hugs)))

Heather, you get a gold star for helping the foreigners find their way.

Kate, I was going to ask you who your beach buddy was. Lol Wow, what a wide beach. Nice.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I’m off to bed.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,748 Member
    Options
    will post my stats tomorrow- burned 1079 cal
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Meg-

817900vkfvgfyogh.jpg